New to GW2 -- How to get dailies?

@"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:Thanks. I did follow your link to Server Reset, but still did not find info there that states exactly where you obtain the daily quests.I'm assuming there is some in-game menu I'm supposed to click on to explore what is available that day, but I'm just not finding it.

There is a chest that appears on the bottom right of your screen but you can just go to it through the Achievements panel as well.Imgur

Welcome to the game! :)

If you're new, and your highest character level is below level 11, you won't see any Daily categories or achievements pop up. Once you're above level 11, you'll start seeing Dailies - check the right side of your UI, underneath your story quests; you'll see a list that says "Daily," with a list of tasks underneath the heading.For example, this is a list of PVE dailies one day for my level 50 character; dailies change every day, so this is just a random selection of what may be available:

EEGuRKs.png

When you log in for the first time every day, you'll earn log-in rewards and can also see what Dailies are available. As you level up, you'll start having more and more Dailies available to you (some take place in high-level zones, for instance).

Here's a more comprehensive link: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

Edited for clarity...and to remove a silly typo. "Every day day"? Yes, I actually am a certified editor. I swear. Really.

GW2 doesn't have quests outside of the story, so there are no daily quests. Instead they're achievements. As well as the methods already suggested you can find them by opening the Hero panel (H by default), clicking on the Achievements tab (one up from the bottom) and then clicking the Daily option in the menu.

The first set (shown in @Khisanth.2948s screenshot above) are the ones you want to look at, all the rest are specifically for level 80 maps. Ones with a star icon are for PvE, ones with cross swords are for PvP and ones with a castle icon are for World vs World (WvW). You can do as many or as few of them as you like each day and if you complete any 3 you'll get the Daily Completionist meta-achievement, which gives you 2 gold and 10 achievement points.

Most have to be completed in a specific area, and will tell you where that is - for example Wayfarer Foothills Event Completer can only be done in the norn starter map (Wayfarer Foothills) and Krytan Forager can only be completed in Krytan maps (Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarren Fields and Harathi Hinterlands), but others can be completed anywhere. Others can be even more specific - requiring you to kill a certain boss or complete a specific dungeon.

They're also level gated - at first you'll only see ones which can be completed in low level maps, but once you have a higher level character you'll start to see ones for dungeons, level 80 maps etc.

I recommend not getting too hung up on doing them however. They are a good source of gold for new and casual players and the achievement points are nice too, but they can get very repetitive and unless you want the reward from a specific one there's no need to do more than 3 per day. And if you can't find 3 you want to do today you can always come back tomorrow.

@Kabuki Theatre.9752 said:Thanks. I did follow your link to Server Reset, but still did not find info there that states exactly where you obtain the daily quests.I'm assuming there is some in-game menu I'm supposed to click on to explore what is available that day, but I'm just not finding it.

as you called it quests and activities i did link the server reset, it will list everything that is on a daily basis. what the others above have listed are the daily achievements that mostly are referred to as dailies, but there is more stuff that you can do daily.you do not need to go somewhere to obtain the dailies, you just have them.

Archived