xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870

@Flandre.2870 said:when too many clones are around all player models or animations disappear this happens very often during chrono and almost caused me to lose monthly at finals and happened yet again today in the at. the clones make all player models disappear along with anims so u get hit by stuff like prime light beam and you dont even know about it. only solution seems to be to set graphics to high but then im forced to play at 15 fps. any dev that can offer posible solutions? this is WITH effect lod on.

That has been the issue for a long time and even the support went silent when I sent a ticket there. Someone also hinted that they had to nerf chrono after clone rework cause the model issue was real and they had to get rid of it without actually having a solution. The advice that's been given for that issue is to set character model limit to high in some forums posts.

Chronophantasma was a mistake to keep in it's current iteration after the phantasm update. Sure they reduced it's damage by 50% in PvP after several months of Disenchanter Chrono ruining the game but it was always noxious in terms of the sheer level of AI it spams the screen with just by prolonging how long phantasms stick around doing attacks and should have been cut when they decided to make phantasms equivalent to other classes 4-5 skills that also give a bit of ammo for the class mechanic.

• 4 weeks later...

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Another Mesmer-cry topic. Git gut :D

Did you even read the post or... ?

@OP I dont think this is related to character setting being at lowest,im having the same setting and have never witnessed this yet.You ever tried a repair on client etc ?

Jk. This was basicly the same reply that is often addressed VS the same source. Mesmer design - clones and phantasms spam, which is even worse for chrono, cuz more clones are popping up. Unless Mesmer design won't be changed, it's only coming up to the computer performance and game engine

@MUDse.7623 said:if you do play with lowest character model limit, then its not a bug, its a setting.

Still think so?

Ace- That has been the issue for a long time and even the support went silent when I sent a ticket there. Someone also hinted that they had to nerf chrono after clone rework cause the model issue was real and they had to get rid of it without actually having a solution. The advice that's been given for that issue is to set character model limit to high in some forums posts.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:if you do play with lowest character model limit, then its not a bug, its a setting.

orly?i am pretty sure the lowest model limit is 20 characters. now you already have 10 for the players on both sides, not many clones/phantasms are needed to get over 20.

While that may be true, how to fix the problem would actually help.

9 character models plus 1 chrono pushes modesl up to 20? lol...Chrono, -nerfs incoming.

@Flandre.2870 said:when too many clones are around all player models or animations disappear this happens very often during chrono and almost caused me to lose monthly at finals and happened yet again today in the at. the clones make all player models disappear along with anims so u get hit by stuff like prime light beam and you dont even know about it. only solution seems to be to set graphics to high but then im forced to play at 15 fps. any dev that can offer posible solutions? this is WITH effect lod on.

It could be related to Effect Lod since that is related to the 'prime light beam' not being seen.In addition your 'character model limit' could effect all the models you don't see.

Go into your settings and experiment.

I'm almost certain you don't have to turn all your graphics settings to high to fix this.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

surely this wont effect the numbers in spvp though, sure in wvw but not pvp.

Why wouldn't it?Have you seen how many models(clones/phantasms etc) a Chrono can put out?LOD would be an additional setting tinker with.

@Solori.6025 said:So this is a graphical issue in which pets are counting towards the character model limit.So what we need is an update to the engine to increase character models without eating performance. . .Sooooooo....GW3 basically

Solori, I don't believe an upgraded engine of a new game is going to help the OPs game performance.

'Without eating performance'A few changes can be made, here and there. Turn a few things up, a few things down, walla= things work.

curious thing is.... clones shouldn't actually tax the graphic cards since they all share the same textures. The very idea about standard models is that the machine can render many copies as they are all the same.

I don't know if some optimization could be applied to improve the situation.

Gameplay wise, one way to reduce visual noise would be to use a phantasm queue, so that only one of those is out at any given time, thus limiting visual noise to 3 clones + 1 phantasm per mesmer.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Why wouldn't it?Have you seen how many models(clones/phantasms etc) a Chrono can put out?LOD would be an additional setting tinker with.

@Solori.6025 said:So this is a graphical issue in which pets are counting towards the character model limit.So what we need is an update to the engine to increase character models without eating performance. . .Sooooooo....GW3 basically

Solori, I don't believe an upgraded engine of a new game is going to help the OPs game performance.

'Without eating performance'A few changes can be made, here and there. Turn a few things up, a few things down, walla= things work.

well, i thought at least the minimal numbers were at least 30 units and i can not imagine that many units in close proximity in spvp, sure in wvw

@Skotlex.7580 said:curious thing is.... clones shouldn't actually tax the graphic cards since they all share the same textures. The very idea about standard models is that the machine can render many copies as they are all the same.

Gameplay wise, one way to reduce visual noise would be to use a phantasm queue, so that only one of those is out at any given time, thus limiting visual noise to 3 clones + 1 phantasm per mesmer.

No, that's a bad idea

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Yea but that would be expecting Anet to do actual work. Maybe I'm too cynical when it comes to them but. I honestly don't expect them to suddenly fix an issue they have had and known about

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Skotlex.7580 said:curious thing is.... clones shouldn't actually tax the graphic cards since they all share the same textures. The very idea about standard models is that the machine can render many copies as they are all the same.

No, that's a bad idea

Maybe you could elaborate on why that's a bad idea, or even better, toss your own counter suggestion to improve the visual noise issue with mesmers.

Sometimes ANet does listen to the suggestions given in here, so it wouldn't be moot.

@Solori.6025 said:

Yea but that would be expecting Anet to do actual work. Maybe I'm too cynical when it comes to them but. I honestly don't expect them to suddenly fix an issue they have had and known about

lol yeah, clinically cynicalAnet doesn't need to make a new game.The op needs to tweak a few graphical settings.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

No, that's a bad idea

Maybe you could elaborate on why that's a bad idea, or even better, toss your own counter suggestion to improve the visual noise issue with mesmers.

Sometimes ANet does listen to the suggestions given in here, so it wouldn't be moot.

Remove/rework chronophantasma is the most important

Archived