Balance Patch — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance Patch

I see Warclaw has been delayed (no surprise there). Is the balance patch still slated for tomorrow or is that, too, pushed back?

Comments

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably too

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’d assume nothing tomorrow. Even without the sad news, they try and keep big patches in one for various reasons

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Terc.5736Terc.5736 Member ✭✭✭

I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and Warclaw. Cause and effect!

• tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

@Terc.5736 said:
    I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and
    Warclaw. Cause and effect!

That was my first reaction as well. I for one, will not support ANY game associated with NCSoft if they spoil my experience with this one. Not a good way to improve their financial posture if a large enough segment of the community feels the same.

• tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Another week really isn't going to matter that much, especially since we can guarantee that whatever is in the balance patch isn't going to please everyone.

Can't argue that.

• Terc.5736Terc.5736 Member ✭✭✭

@Terc.5736 said:
    I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and Warclaw. Cause and effect!

• The reason for the layoffs isn't ANet revenue; it's NCSOFT overall not meeting shareholder expectations.
    • Regardless, no work is getting done right now; ANet is dealing with the immediate issue of figuring out who and how to make it work within NCSOFT's demands.
    • Accordingly, anything scheduled for this week is getting pushed back.

Another week really isn't going to matter that much, especially since we can guarantee that whatever is in the balance patch isn't going to please everyone.

I'm just quoting NCSoft's own memo. Remind me next time GM announces layoffs and then proceeds to stop selling cars, or doing customer service on their product.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

I don't mind if they postpone any real activities for a full month from now. What I have seen tonight is enough to keep them busy for some time. Getting back on their feet, clearing the mind and being able to continue work will take some time. Most of us are adults. Some of us have an idea how long the inner-blockade takes to go down, from personal experience. Although I hope we are the minority here.

I am sorry for all the staff members who had to leave or volunteered to leave. Everyone contributed their part to make this game a wonderful experience for everyone. I understand that people are sad and even angry. You have a right to be sad, a right to be angry and disappointed.

But, GW2 is a game, a product. The remaining staff members do their job to feed their families. And NCSoft wants to make money. So this is not the end of everything. After some time of silence and review, of sadness and disappointment, things will go on again. It will take some time, probably some smaller steps at first, but it will go on.

Just have some patience. Give the staff and the community some time to rest and recover.

• OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Terc.5736 said:

@Terc.5736 said:

• The reason for the layoffs isn't ANet revenue; it's NCSOFT overall not meeting shareholder expectations.
    • Regardless, no work is getting done right now; ANet is dealing with the immediate issue of figuring out who and how to make it work within NCSOFT's demands.
    • Accordingly, anything scheduled for this week is getting pushed back.

I'm just quoting NCSoft's own memo. Remind me next time GM announces layoffs and then proceeds to stop selling cars, or doing customer service on their product.

Are you seriously that daft?

ArenaNet lost 25% of its employees today. 25%. And the patch is only going to be 1 week late. How kitten selfish can you be that you are kitten over a 1 week waiting period for a patch, when ArenaNet is closed tomorrow to deal with the layoffs they didn't even know were happening? Jesus man, have some kitten perspective.

Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.