We will miss you Fractal Ben.

zealex.9410

9b967b89c80c4194df0ac5893002c610.png

This is from some news article, it seems like a lot of the staff were not actively working on GW/GW2 but their "other projects", so there is the possibility that there will still be the same amount of people working on GW2 as before. The truth is, we don't really know what is going to happen without giving it some time. Let's just send some love out to those going through a hard time at the moment and try and make it as easy for them as we can.

@"Lottie.5370" said:9b967b89c80c4194df0ac5893002c610.png

This is from some news article, it seems like a lot of the staff were not actively working on GW/GW2 but their "other projects", so there is the possibility that there will still be the same amount of people working on GW2 as before.That was before we knew some of the names. No, it wasn't just "other projects" and non-dev office staff. Some core devs were laid off/quit on their own as well. Ben for example was from raid/fractals team, not some side projects.

As most of us have heard by now, those who got layed off were supposedly working on a big side project. Which makes you wonder whether that side project wasn't the actual reason why content schedules have been rather slow all of last year and even before that. We might even get more people working on instant PvE content as they are bound to refocus their efforts after such a blow.Those voluntary leavers from outside of said project are going to be an issue but an issue proper management will be able to fix. Don't see a reason to panic.

Salute to you and good luck to your future endeavor Ben. My husband and I have enjoyed your raid and fractal contents :) wasn't a fan of the fractal mistlocks but many liked it so well-done and good job on trying very hard to make things happen for the players.
regards from downunder

another notable person is Josh Foreman. He is going to be a big lost to all of us.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:Thanks for the love everyone! Fractals and raids are still in good hands.

Good hands? Maybe (ok, probably,... ok, sure we trust your word ... so yes, good hands, definitely).The problem for us is: fractals aren't still in your hands!

(Everybody sing with me... "he's got the whole of Fractals, in his hands; he's got the whole ...")

More seriously: it's bittersweet to see your name without the red background. Thanks for logging in to say "wassup."I hope you're having fun on a vacation or coding furiously for some top-secret project you can't even hint about.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:Thanks for the love everyone! Fractals and raids are still in good hands.

Good hands? Maybe (ok, probably,... ok, sure we trust your word ... so yes, good hands, definitely).The problem for us is: fractals aren't still in
your
hands!

(Everybody sing with me... "he's got the whole of Fractals, in his hands; he's got the whole ...")

More seriously: it's bittersweet to see your name without the red background. Thanks for logging in to say "wassup."I hope you're having fun on a vacation or coding furiously for some top-secret project you can't even hint about.

Iirc he has a contract with the minecraft guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived