So whats next

We all heard the terrible news and now are completely left in the dark on the new direction of gw2. Its a shame the ones who we all came to know and love have been let go. I appreciate all that they have contributed and i felt thier passion for the game, no the community. You will be missed and im sorry. I feel angry, disappointed, sad and a bit betrayed and im sure many of the fans do as well. I wish everyone who was let go the best of luck and know that the contributions you made for us on and off the clock was not in vain and you brought many, many ,many people joy.

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:We all heard the terrible news and now are completely left in the dark on the new direction of gw2.Let the actual people affected directly take a few days to absorb what happened.

We aren't being "left in the dark" because no one there right now can explicitly tell you what's going to happen.

I wonder if a large enough outcry from the community in support for the devs (letters to NCSoft or whatever) would change anything? I would rather have no new content for months on end than see these great people lose their jobs. Realistically what has happened is probably irreversible, but it would be nice to at least try something.

@tippolit.3591 said:I wonder if a large enough outcry from the community in support for the devs (letters to NCSoft or whatever) would change anything? I would rather have no new content for months on end than see these great people lose their jobs. Realistically what has happened is probably irreversible, but it would be nice to at least try something.

It won't. The layoffs are because of economic reasons. You don't decide to keep losing money because people write letters.

@tippolit.3591 said:I wonder if a large enough outcry from the community in support for the devs (letters to NCSoft or whatever) would change anything? I would rather have no new content for months on end than see these great people lose their jobs. Realistically what has happened is probably irreversible, but it would be nice to at least try something.

I threw an idea out myself but turned out to be a bad one..Reality is there isn't anything we can do to help those who are being let go.. unless you want to go donate to one of their patreons or something.I saw that Josh had one but I've no idea about the other 100/100+ employees.

For the most part all we can do is just feel like crap about it and wish them all the best..I hate feeling powerless too.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:We all heard the terrible news and now are completely left in the dark on the new direction of gw2.Let the actual people affected directly take a few days to absorb what happened.

We aren't being "left in the dark" because no one there right now can explicitly tell you what's going to happen.

This is absolute nonsense! After 40 years in management at all levels people know exactly why this happened , that this was going to happen if goals /numbers weren't met etc. On average in a corporate setting I'd say they've known for months in upper management. They just didn't inform the rank and file. I've been hearing about 18 year workers being laid off for decades. Most often so they can turn around and hire another at an entry level pay in a month. It is good to see other companies doing open houses and announcing interest in these former ANET employees. I am disappointed that upper management hasn't stepped up and addressed their consumers before the silence encourages a mass exodus.

It is never good when people that have worked for many years on something are let go.We will miss them. But right now we have to stand by and see what happens.This is a game for us, but it is their livelihood. It is a lot harder on them then it is for us.We will just have wait and see what the result of all this when the dust settles.They will need time to absorb this. If stuff gets delayed so be it.All the best to those who have been let go and the ones staying.

@Terc.5736 said:This is absolute nonsense! After 40 years in management at all levels people know exactly why this happened , that this was going to happen if goals /numbers weren't met etc. On average in a corporate setting I'd say they've known for months in upper management. They just didn't inform the rank and file.

There's been a report of MO wandering around in grieving shock. The president of the company, floored with surprise and grief over this. No one at ANet knew until it hit on Thursday.

@Donari.5237 said:

@Terc.5736 said:This is absolute nonsense! After 40 years in management at all levels people know exactly why this happened , that this was going to happen if goals /numbers weren't met etc. On average in a corporate setting I'd say they've known for months in upper management. They just didn't inform the rank and file.

There's been a report of MO wandering around in grieving shock. The president of the company, floored with surprise and grief over this. No one at ANet knew until it hit on Thursday.

Bad sign of leadership if the president is surprised by a development like that isn’t it?

@Balsa.3951 said:

Bad sign of leadership if the president is surprised by a development like that isn’t it?

Or it means he got backstabbed by the NCSoft kitteny felines.

Archived