Gaile Will be Missed.

Strider Pj.2193

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the long time employees volunteered to lose their jobs (so others didn't have to), I wonder if this is the case for Gaile too.

Leaving Anet: Gaile Gray, Josh Foreman, Aaron Linde, Casey Benson, Matthew Medina, Kelsey Pickinpaugh, Connie Griffith, Benjamin Arnold, Grant Gertz, Shuai Liu, Lena Raine, Lily Yu, Lanielan Land. <- so far

@XenesisII.1540 said:Mostly for the pve community...You don't have to be a dedicated pve player or a veteran of the game(s) to at least know of the work she's put in for the community.Its a big hit for the whole game. A real shame.

A little more related to wvw, I'm kind of gritting my teeth about the gamemode's future more than I have in the past. If we were concerned about lack of substantial updates before you can only imagine how apprehensive many wvw'ers will feel now.Hate-or-like it, the new mount is a rare piece of new content for this gamemode -- you have to wonder in just over a week when the patch hits, how many of the people who worked on that mount are no longer employed by the company. It also makes you wonder how far along alliances really are.

~ Kovu

A little more related to wvw, I'm kind of gritting my teeth about the gamemode's future more than I have in the past. If we were concerned about lack of substantial updates
before
you can only imagine how apprehensive many wvw'ers will feel now.Hate-or-like it, the new mount is a rare piece of new content for this gamemode -- you have to wonder in just over a week when the patch hits, how many of the people who worked on that mount are no longer employed by the company. It also makes you wonder how far along alliances really are.

~ Kovu

We already knew the wvw team was pretty small, since they are bringing something, which doesn't fit in wvw in the first place. The wvw content released, has always been small at times, but it must be worse now, since they don't even have a concrete date for the Alliances.

So you would imagine, alliances were a long way off from being a reality.Long gone are the days, when we had a wvw coordinators, like Habib Loew, along with a larger wvw Dev team, which could release new maps.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Queen Anastasia.7103 said:What about McKenna Berdrow?

Gone as well apparently.

I think we can kiss alliances and any updates goodbye at this point.

Is it confirmed?

No, but after all those firings we can bet it won't be happening anytime soon or ever...

If the game dies, we are the first ones who will feel it, because we have always have been at the end of the foodchain.

@Thea Cherry.6327 said:

@"Queen Anastasia.7103" said:What about McKenna Berdrow?

Gone as well apparently.

I think we can kiss alliances and any updates goodbye at this point.

Is it confirmed?

No, but after all those firings we can bet it won't be happening anytime soon or ever...

If the game dies, we are the first ones who will feel it, because we have always have been at the end of the foodchain.

I'd think RPers were..BUT THEN US! Of course.

D:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Mostly for the pve community...You don't have to be a dedicated pve player or a veteran of the game(s) to at least know of the work she's put in for the community.Its a big hit for the whole game. A real shame.

A little more related to wvw, I'm kind of gritting my teeth about the gamemode's future more than I have in the past. If we were concerned about lack of substantial updates
before
you can only imagine how apprehensive many wvw'ers will feel now.Hate-or-like it, the new mount is a rare piece of new content for this gamemode -- you have to wonder in just over a week when the patch hits, how many of the people who worked on that mount are no longer employed by the company. It also makes you wonder how far along alliances really are.

~ Kovu

/shrug I'm a dedicated wvw player and veteran of gw2 from day one, I don't know the work she's put in going by the work she's put in the wvw community. Kinda stupid for these companies to be releasing their community managers at a time when they will need someone to calm the masses and to listen to customers because their greed hasn't been leading them in the right direction to this point...

As for the mount, I've already put up a suggestion thread and poll about it.Regardless of anet mismanagement that has resulted in mismanaging their game and it's subsections for years, mismanaging development for years, and now losing a significant portion of their employees as a result, starting from this point on they need to do better, they need to sell their products better, they need to communicate and listen to customers better. Mindlessly selling weapon skin number 102 isn't going to be enough.

Archived