Best CC build ever?

Obtena.7952

I think getting that achievement done is going to rely more on a good commander getting people onto the jump pads with bombs than anything that one player is going to bring from a CC-focused build.

But per your original, warrior or mesmer are probably the best options to build out a CC-focused kit. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar has all the details.

@"Obtena.7952" said:So player-based CC doesn't break the bar or it's just that the bombs are way better?

I've always seen successful smash the dragon runs use bombs and a good commander who sets up ahead of time, calls out "head to jump pads", and the "jump" at the right time. I'm sure player based CC could work, but the likelihood of everyone paying attention enough and unloading CC at the right time and in enough quantity to counteract defiance bar scale up in an open world event is low in my opinion.

Your best bet is probably to try to find a coordinated map in LFG.

In a mass event like that, there's no reason your build needs to be 'viable' for any other purpose. Just load every cc skill you can into your skill bar and use whatever weapon offers the most cc skills for your prof. Just auto-hit during the regular phase and use them all to break the bar. When the event's over, go back to your usual selections.

@"Obtena.7952" said:So player-based CC doesn't break the bar or it's just that the bombs are way better?

I've been lucky enough to complete all the achievements (for Smash the Dragon you need an organised group, possibly with not too many players). Personal CC are not that useful, since the idea is to use the pads at the right time (the bomb #1 deals much more damage to the defiance bar, and you should be able to launch at least 2-3 bombs while gliding). Times for the jumps can be found here.

The reason why I said "not too many players" (or organised group that pays attention to the chat) is that time for the third jump in particular, varies according to the damage you deal in the first phase. If ppl deal too much damage, the crystals appear earlier, making more difficult to foresee the time for the breakbar.When I made it, we slowed our damage in the first phase, so that the times for the jumps matched the ones on the wiki (the most common ones).

EDIT: Personal CC are still useful to smash the crystals though. But for the achievements it's better to use the pads.

Archived