How to craft a second Caladbolg? [Solved]

Zexanima.7851

I have crafted one Caladbolg, Caladbolg Orchida, and have gotten the Knight of Thorns achievement. I have all the materials to craft a second including a second Broken Caladbolg from completing the HoT story on another character. I can't seem to figure out how to actually craft it now. I've tried a crafting station, no good. I tried talking to Ridhais again, but she just offers to exchange my current one. I'm not looking to exchange the sword just to collect all the skins. I just want a second ascended weapon.

To collect the skins, on the first character, take the sword and a pile of Unbound Magic (1000 per change) to Ridhais and reforge it into each of the forms, which unlocks the skins, obviously. This will, of course, destroy any sigils in the weapon, just like stat swapping Ascended weapons in the Mystic Forge does.(1)

Or do all the crafting work on the new character just like you did on the first. See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_Thorn for more.

(1) That is, it does not change the weapon to the new type, but destroys it and gives you a new replacement in the other type.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:To collect the skins, on the first character, take the sword and a pile of Unbound Magic (1000 per change) to Ridhais and reforge it into each of the forms, which unlocks the skins, obviously. This will, of course, destroy any sigils in the weapon, just like stat swapping Ascended weapons in the Mystic Forge does.(1)

Or do all the crafting work on the new character just like you did on the first. See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_Thorn for more.

(1) That is, it does not change the weapon to the new type, but destroys it and gives you a new replacement in the other type.

So if I understand correctly I have to do the achievement again on the character I used to complete the HoT story a second time?

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:To collect the skins, on the
first
character, take the sword and a pile of Unbound Magic (1000 per change) to Ridhais and reforge it into each of the forms, which unlocks the skins, obviously. This will, of course, destroy any sigils in the weapon, just like stat swapping Ascended weapons in the Mystic Forge does.(1)

Or do all the crafting work on the new character just like you did on the first. See
for more.

So if I understand correctly I have to do the achievement again on the character I used to complete the HoT story a second time?

Pretty much. Or, if all you want to do is unlock the skins, you can just see Ridhais on the character that did the Knight of the Thorn achievement (don't forget to take along the existing weapon!), and re-forge it into each of the skins in turn. You'll need 5000 Unbound Magic in total to unlock all five skins and get it back to Orchida.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:To collect the skins, on the
first
character, take the sword and a pile of Unbound Magic (1000 per change) to Ridhais and reforge it into each of the forms, which unlocks the skins, obviously. This will, of course, destroy any sigils in the weapon, just like stat swapping Ascended weapons in the Mystic Forge does.(1)

Or do all the crafting work on the new character just like you did on the first. See
for more.

Pretty much. Or, if all you want to do is unlock the skins, you can just see Ridhais on the character that did the Knight of the Thorn achievement (don't forget to take along the existing weapon!), and re-forge it into each of the skins in turn. You'll need 5000 Unbound Magic in total to unlock all five skins and get it back to Orchida.

Thanks! I don't care about the skins, I just want a second ascended weapon.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

first

for more.

Fair enough, although there are other ways to get ascended weapons, see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon

If all you want is an Ascended weapon, @Steve The Cynic.3217 has given you an excellent resource. The advantage of Caladbolg of course is that it CAN be changed/exchanged for a different weapon type which as far as I am aware, is wholly unique to this weapon. There are also other story related Ascended weapons now, stellar weapons in Istan and the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons in Thunderhead Peaks.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

first

for more.

Fair enough, although there are other ways to get ascended weapons, see

The reason I wan to craft another Caladbolg is because I already have the materials for it. Like a dink, I bought them for the first one and didn't realize I had to do a quest for it that gave me the materials so I have the materials for the second weapon already and just needed to get another broken caladbolg and craft it. Thanks for the resource though!

You only need to repeat the HoT story for the additional Broken Caladbold. You can craft the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence on your weapon crafters - Weaponsmith, Artificier, and Huntman that are at 500.

From the wiki under the notes section:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_Thorn

Other characters on your account may also complete the story, however the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence must be crafted. Their recipes are automatically unlocked after completing their respective achievements the first time.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:You only need to repeat the HoT story for the additional Broken Caladbold. You can craft the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence on your weapon crafters - Weaponsmith, Artificier, and Huntman that are at 500.

From the wiki under the notes section:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_Thorn

Other characters on your account may also complete the story, however the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence must be crafted. Their recipes are automatically unlocked after completing their respective achievements the first time.

I have them crafted. I don't know what to physically do next. I have the achievement, I have all 4 materials (including broken caladbolg), and a crafter of level 500 weaponsmithing. When I go to the crafting station there is no option to craft a caladbolg weapon and when I talk to Ridhais again they just ofter to switch weapons for unbound magic, not make me a new one. I have no idea what to do after I have all the materials to craft the second weapon.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:You only need to repeat the HoT story for the additional Broken Caladbold. You can craft the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence on your weapon crafters - Weaponsmith, Artificier, and Huntman that are at 500.

From the wiki under the notes section:

I have them crafted. I don't know what to physically do next. I have the achievement, I have all 4 materials (including broken caladbolg), and a crafter of level 500 weaponsmithing. When I go to the crafting station there is no option to craft a caladbolg weapon and when I talk to Ridhais again they just ofter to switch weapons for unbound magic, not make me a new one. I have no idea what to do after I have all the materials to craft the second weapon.

On a different character (not the one that did Knight of the Thorn first) you must first finish HoT, all the way up to finishing Hearts and Minds (granting the Broken Caladbolg), then follow the same steps you followed for the first character, doing the achievements again, in effect. Each character must make his own way through the process.

Archived