Laid off: What do you expect from the next episode of GW2 PvP?

bighead.3465

What the layoffs and restructure most likely means is we will be getting the next expansion out faster.

If you look at NCsoft quarterly earnings you will notice a few things:

https://massivelyop.com/2016/02/10/ncsoft-reports-q4-2015-sales-surge-for-guild-wars-2-bump-for-wildstar/https://mmos.com/news/ncsoft-reports-q3-2018-earnings-mobile-continues-dominate

1. GW2 Is not an unprofitable game. Games like wildstar and city of heroes had way less earnings. The "zomg guild wars 2 could get shut down!!!" conspiracy is likely wrong.
  2. GW2 sees massive profit spikes from expansion releases
  3. NCsoft likes money

So NCsoft will probably tell Anet post-layoffpocalypse that they need to use the rest of their 250 or so employees left to focus less on free content and more on paid content.

TL;DR we could potentially be visiting Cantha or wherever the next expansion is before the next living world season. Expect to see more tantalizing gem store items ( Like blatantly better versions of convenience items that exist now ). Oh, and the next specializations will be power creept to the moon and back.

We could also see GW1 Mobile :p

This is a very volatile question and choices. I cant choose, i want pvp to grow such as new game modes equal or greater to the options that were available in gw1 but if you look at the 6 year history i dont expect it to happen. These things take time and will not happen over night. Its already been 6 years and all we got was a failed stronghold. Its time to face the facts here people and quit with the begging and move on. If therr was any light at the end of thw tunnel with new modes it surely been shut down b.c of the lay offs.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:What the layoffs and restructure most likely means is we will be getting the next expansion out faster.

If you look at NCsoft quarterly earnings you will notice a few things:

https://massivelyop.com/2016/02/10/ncsoft-reports-q4-2015-sales-surge-for-guild-wars-2-bump-for-wildstar/https://mmos.com/news/ncsoft-reports-q3-2018-earnings-mobile-continues-dominate

1. GW2 Is not an unprofitable game. Games like wildstar and city of heroes had way less earnings. The "zomg guild wars 2 could get shut down!!!" conspiracy is likely wrong.
  2. GW2 sees massive profit spikes from expansion releases
  3. NCsoft likes money

So NCsoft will probably tell Anet post-layoffpocalypse that they need to use the rest of their 250 or so employees left to focus less on free content and more on paid content.

TL;DR we could potentially be visiting Cantha or wherever the next expansion is before the next living world season. Expect to see more tantalizing gem store items ( Like blatantly better versions of convenience items that exist now ). Oh, and the next specializations will be power creept to the moon and back.

We could also see GW1 Mobile :p

Would pay BIG BUCKS for viable version of GW1 mobile. If the PvP worked, yeah I might even quit GW2.

Imagine that game on my iPad pro. 0,0

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:This is a very volatile question and choices. I cant choose, i want pvp to grow such as new game modes equal or greater to the options that were available in gw1 but if you look at the 6 year history i dont expect it to happen. These things take time and will not happen over night. Its already been 6 years and all we got was a failed stronghold. Its time to face the facts here people and quit with the begging and move on. If therr was any light at the end of thw tunnel with new modes it surely been shut down b.c of the lay offs.

Issue is with the last bit, we have no idea if those 'ideas' were the saving grace. Anet was taking WAAAY too long to implement them and basically going: "Wait mom! Five more minutes! Ten more minutes" to NCSoft who, not the company with the best record, gave them PLENTY of time.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Probably more paid content and less free content.But what content they could sell u for pvp which would bring back played to pvp as well?Because before u can make people want buy u must make them want play with fun. After that the list is endless of stuff u can sell.

Finishervictory pose/ danceBattle stance / relaxed stanceSkill animation/ colors (green light magic guardian spells for example)Team outfits with ur name or number on the back (armors)Costume arenas with chairs inside ....Costom voices

But without enough fans it’s hard

E-sports died long ago, the biggest culprit of which being conquest has been endlessly pushed. This part of the entire game makes the lowest revenue and brings in the least players.

Unless there is a new team taking this in an entirely new direction we’ll probably be status quo.

Up to you if you decide that is truly dead or not. In truth the scene thrives but only by the loosest definition. I don’t think the restructuring and layoffs are going to make much of a difference, but fingers crossed for something positive.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Probably more paid content and less free content.But what content they could sell u for pvp which would bring back played to pvp as well?Because before u can make people want buy u must make them want play with fun. After that the list is endless of stuff u can sell.

Finishervictory pose/ danceBattle stance / relaxed stanceSkill animation/ colors (green light magic guardian spells for example)Team outfits with ur name or number on the back (armors)Costume arenas with chairs inside ....Costom voices

But without enough fans it’s hard

i meant less LS and more xpacs.maybe they will develop a new pvp game mode but i doubt it

Archived