Soulbeast - Why is Stance Stacking allowed in this game?

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack

Sure, just as long as every buff in the game doesn't stack... And stealth can't stack... And players are automatically revealed when attacking and need to be out-of-combat to use any stealth skills... And we remove stacking Malice modifiers… Let's do it up!

I was actually thinking among these same lines about stances. I'd make thematically sense to have a stance "permanently" on until it's turned off or the player switches to a different stance.

When a stance is disabled it'd go into cooldown, and "on trigger" bonuses would still apply only when triggering (so moa stance could be permanent boon duration bonus, but the boons it gives apply only on cast).

Granted, some stances would need a redesign (specially warrior's), but at least that would give them more sense.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:I was actually thinking among these same lines about stances. I'd make thematically sense to have a stance "permanently" on until it's turned off or the player switches to a different stance.

When a stance is disabled it'd go into cooldown, and "on trigger" bonuses would still apply only when triggering (so moa stance could be permanent boon duration bonus, but the boons it gives apply only on cast).

Granted, some stances would need a redesign (specially warrior's), but at least that would give them more sense.

this is what i had in mind. choices for playstyle instead of facerolling

@"Skotlex.7580" said:I was actually thinking among these same lines about stances. I'd make thematically sense to have a stance "permanently" on until it's turned off or the player switches to a different stance.

And what if a player decides only to use one stance?It would need to equate to a signet passive in power for this reason.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack

Makes sense... It could lead to some interesting playstyles... stance active until we switch to another stanceDolyak active- can't be cc'd and kicked like a ragdoll by holosMoa active - boon uptimes perma until we switch to diff stance(stab and prot should be made unavailable during this stance)Vulture- perma poison inflicting / might generation stance(would make a cool bruiser)Griffon - evades... Might invite lot of nerfsBear stance - perma condi cleanse every 2 secs :pOwp - perma double hits... So cool...

If this were to become a reality, switching from one stance to another should have some delay... Like 30 secs delay between stance switching... Current stance has to be deactivated so the next stance becomes available after 30 secs... Ranger could take on any role and adapt to any situation...

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

And what if a player decides only to use one stance?It would need to equate to a signet passive in power for this reason.

Not totally true, since you can stack signet effects, but not stance effects. So its possible for them to be somewhat better.

Warrior stances stack as well and it isn't a problem. The only real problem with Soulbeast stances is the Dolyak Stance stacking with protection. That stance should apply protection rather than stack with it.

Now if stances had no cool down and only one could be active at a time, that could be interesting.

@anduriell.6280 said:Although i like the idea i doubt Anet will rework the spec to adapt that funcitonality.

Not true, I pitched the idea for venom share to be given to other players to ha e it scale off of the users stats instead years ago to many in game devs and they loved it. I can do it again if I had suooort.from community. Rangers have alot of love lately, even with tomorrow's spirit change

The idea of stances being a toggle where you can have the effect "permanently" doesn't work with their current iteration. You could, in theory, only slot 1 into your build, activate it permanently and then forget about it with no consequence. At that point it's literally just a signet.

As to why, I don't know. Maybe so it's viable to actually load your panel with stance skills. Either way, I'm just glad you can stack them. I'm not sure why it has to work like another game, although I do agree that the term 'stance' seems to suggest that you are preparing for a specific type of combat benefit. Change the name and keep the stacking.

@Biff.5312 said:As to why, I don't know. Maybe so it's viable to actually load your panel with stance skills. Either way, I'm just glad you can stack them. I'm not sure why it has to work like another game, although I do agree that the term 'stance' seems to suggest that you are preparing for a specific type of combat benefit. Change the name and keep the stacking.

i wouldnt even mind the name change xD even for war

make them like the improved ferocity buffs on rev where its not called a stance but a class buff.

Archived