Upcoming Balance Notes - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Balance Notes

1234568>

Comments

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Please, will speak about my bow dragonhunter for once: Design a trait to reduce bow skills recharge by 20%. DH have 0 alacrity apart when using a specific elite skill. The recharge kill the whole thing. I must use as traitline dh-zeal-radiance to deal important damages. BUT I have to chose Firebrand to gain alacricity LOL it's no sense, add bow recharge in DH traitline!
    Also I'm sacrifying my consecration reducing trait: (hello purging flame) a very long cooldown, with no way of reducing it. Apart sacrifying bow.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭

    Firebrand doesnt have access to alacrity.

  • Milosz.5938Milosz.5938 Member ✭✭

    Hehehehehehehehe
    trololololo
    Conjure Frost Bow: Changed the name of the item summoned by this skill from "ice bow" to "frost bow." the most important change hehehehehehehehehehe

    and few other nice fragments :astonished: ;

    ...The increased boon duration that this skill grants has been increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. wow 1 secund more thxxxxxxx trololo

    (((((((((((((((((( "Wash the Pain Away!": This skill now cleanses one condition from nearby allies on its final pulse.
    • "Feel the Burn!": This skill now applies 3 stacks of might to nearby allies for 10 seconds in addition to its other effects. Updated the effects to more accurately represent the attack's radius. Updated the hit detection to be more consistent at close distances.
    • "Flash-Freeze!": This skill now applies 4 seconds of regeneration to nearby allies in addition to its other effects.
    • "Aftershock!": This skill now applies 5 seconds of protection to nearby allies in addition to its other effects.
    • "Eye of the Storm!": This skill now applies 10 seconds of swiftness to nearby allies in addition to its other effects.
    • "Rebound!": This skill now applies 5 seconds of fury to nearby allies in addition to its other effects. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) = 1 elixir in engineer utility skill's slot trolololo so why you wrote soo much text...
    Usefull trololo changes in trololo elementalist.

    WOW thx ....from 2 to 3 secunds... more time for laughing

    I feel like Boon Master. No! Wait! I'm elementalist...

  • Interesting gyro changes. However, you are ruined my Dolyak run fun with full gyro Scrapper based on "... Gyro Self-Destruct". OK I forgive you for that ^^

  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    in general I like the direction these change are headed.
    praise be trollnet:
    • Repeater: For builds that use a pistol in their main hand with no off-hand weapon, the damage of this skill has been increased by 20%. Striking a foe with this skill now applies 4 seconds of bleeding per hit.

    Yeah you haven't lived until you play with no offhand weapon just so you can go into the fight knowing you will learn how to die better.

  • scerevisiae.1972scerevisiae.1972 Member ✭✭
    edited March 3, 2019

    The Spirit changes are truly terrible.

    I'm really disappointed with the spirit changes, specifically (1) the HUGE NERF of Spirit of Nature healing, and (2) that the changes will not actually make spirits usable.

    Why are you nerfing Spirit of Nature? It's the only spirit that's remotely worth using, but it's hardly overwhelming. It's main use is low-level sustained healing under fire, eg: arrow carts. I've never used the active because of its static nature, but the passive healing use is fine and impactful enough to be worth slotting into a healing build.

    What I don't get is why would you nerf it from its current 192 base + 0.15 coefficient to 101 + 0.035 coefficient. That's about an 80% nerf. WHAT THE...?? Making it relocate does not materially affect it's healing impact.... I just don't get it.

    More generally, I don't think the changes are going to make spirits worth using for the (IMO pretty obvious) reason that they are still very easily killed, and the changes proposed do nothing to address this, in fact it actually makes them worse because they'll be relocated to the ranger's position where they'll be easily AOEed down.

    The only way spirits are going to ever work is if they are unkillable, or something like 90% resistant to AOE attacks that do not directly target them, giving them some longevity to apply their buffs. Further they should also apply their active on death so that the skill is guaranteed to have at least some impact even if quickly killed.

    Honestly though after 6 years of being useless, i was expecting a much more thought-through, measured buff to make these skills worth considering but as it stands, these changes are a net NERF. Super disappointed.

  • Unknown.3976Unknown.3976 Member ✭✭✭

    Scrapper will remain a rare unicorn in PvE setting; gyro rework does nothing to address the lack of role/purpose that cripples scrapper in PvE mode.

    Tempest changes are welcoming, support tempest might see some play in open world and we might see the return of support tempest in WvW.

    Guardian condi specs getting a boost is interesting. Torch 5 might finally have a use.

    I am ambivalent about the rest of the changes, will have to play the game post-patch to determine how effective they are.

  • JohnWater.5760JohnWater.5760 Member ✭✭
    edited March 3, 2019

    Thanks for everything, except for the Elementalist (The forgotten).
    They have a lot of CD and the cast is too long for many skills, and nothing is doing about it. "Interrupted" all the time.
    Conjure weapons should be like Engineer weapons, endless.
    The Elite Gliph summon have to be endless too . Similar with the Necro Golem.
    Scepter Water 2 no ground target and make it a blast combo please.
    And more survival to them.

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭

    some good changes
    some bad changes
    some forgotten changes

    r.i.p. power berserker
    r.i.p. warrior offhand sword overhaul
    r.i.p. main hand mace overhaul( weapon to slow, for to little dmg u would be a fool to not use axe mainhand) mace is only there for burst and 3 for the cc

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

    I'm not displeased with the .25 reduction on mirage cloak but the vigor and jaunt changes from the past should be reconsidered.

    If this was where we were going to go those prior changes don't feel right, despite many peoples complaints mirage's evasion up time is not superior any class that has access to a lot of evades on weapon skills, or can gain evasion readily like DD.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @RAZOR.7246 said:

    @spartan.9421 said:
    Tell me how freaking out is going to help with anything. Answer: it won't. Constructive criticism and helpful feedback after the patch is what will help ANET make the right adjustments.

    While freaking out doesn't help anyone, there's no reason why this format of feedback before an actual patch hits can't work. There are a lot of points made on here that are valid. There's no point waiting another 3 months for a change when some feedback can be given now to prevent some of these changes. This kind of open communication with players regarding changes is important for the future of the game so that players aren't left in the dark for months on end. As hard as some on here may find it to believe not all balance decisions are the best thing for the game and the player experience and some players may have something worthwhile to contribute.

    I would say the opposite: How can anyone have valid points without playing a classes' changes in the actual environment with all the other changes from the others classes as well?

    It's called "being experienced" and "knowing your class well".

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Dececrator.9021Dececrator.9021 Member ✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

    I was expecting to see something interesting on thief, instead you are buffing pistol. Another pew pew weapon with little player skill requirement.
    You keep ignoring dagger builds and especially the use of backstab which is one of the hardest skills to land and deals at this moment 2/3 or less of other classes skills that need a little or no effort from the player.
    This game essentially has no "assassin" class cause the way you keep updating the mechanics, makes the only class able to surprise and backstab being ineffective if played as one, struggling to land 10k of backstab while a warrior F1 does like 14k or an aoe from Soulbeast can reach 18k easy.
    So the players that like the use of dagger start attacking from forward as if they were warriors, since there is no real benefit attacking from the back side with a dagger..
    A great example of the really low dagger damage and utility is the usage of sword from the same class. Going in and out with No2 easy, using an S/P 3 with a 3.8k of damage on skill and at the same moment applying stun just by hitting 1 button, while in the same build stats a backstab has 2.6k IF you have the skill or luck to land it from backwards.
    A good example for the diminishing of the "assassin" class is that you gave the shadow shot more damage than a well landed backstab. You took the only possible to backstab class of the game and made it sniper and staff user eliminating the true nature of the class.

    Thank you.

    • To avoid any miscomprehension: the use of the word "assassin" is used to describe in the above text the one and only class that in every game has the ability to land a backstab blow.
  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @RAZOR.7246 said:

    @spartan.9421 said:
    Tell me how freaking out is going to help with anything. Answer: it won't. Constructive criticism and helpful feedback after the patch is what will help ANET make the right adjustments.

    While freaking out doesn't help anyone, there's no reason why this format of feedback before an actual patch hits can't work. There are a lot of points made on here that are valid. There's no point waiting another 3 months for a change when some feedback can be given now to prevent some of these changes. This kind of open communication with players regarding changes is important for the future of the game so that players aren't left in the dark for months on end. As hard as some on here may find it to believe not all balance decisions are the best thing for the game and the player experience and some players may have something worthwhile to contribute.

    I would say the opposite: How can anyone have valid points without playing a classes' changes in the actual environment with all the other changes from the others classes as well?

    It's called "being experienced" and "knowing your class well".

    So that allows you to predict how things work with all the game changes? I disagree. No experience will be enough to tell Anet what direction to change the game, especially since they don't primarily balance based on performance.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • @Iozeph.5617 said:

    @ROMANG.1903 said:
    Again a bit unsatisfied by the elementalist changes... The shouts buffs are really nice but I'd like to see more things changed. A Tempest class mechanic that actually feels like a mechanic instead of a mere AOE cooldown, for example. But most importantly this update does nothing to fix the inherent problems people have been pointing out for years now. I see others classes receive reworks on their gyros or spirits... When do we get our summoned weapons rework? :/

    As a whole, I also hope to see one day new core elite skills added. The elementalist could use a signet elite and an arcane elite, the thief could get a trap elite... And so on. We are in dire need of more elite skills options, those we have right now make me feel very restricted in how I can use them.

    Gyros suck, they're still going to suck when they're turned into wells after the changes because the rest of what's framing them is a hot mess. Core Engineer is still rubbish. Kits have been left in a sorry, non-competitive state(mortar kit included), and any Scrapper using hammer in competitive modes is still going to be kited because they have no weapon swap. Counting on kits to make up for the inability to keep someone in melee range with anemic hammer damage besides if you do get some hits in won't cut it unless you're getting cheap shots in because you're being being carried by a group of friends. You're wondering about summoned weapons? Engineers are wondering why turrets(save perhaps healing turret), and a majority of their gadgets - things which apart from the lackluster kits also used to partially define them, have been a complete waste of bar slots for years.

    But we're not supposed to mention that. We're supposed to shut up and be pathetically grateful we were given the abortion known as the Holosmith- the almost but not quite ultimate faceroll elite.

    UMAD BRO?

  • Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    The power reaper and herald PvE "buff" are laughable. The power reaper didn't even gain a significant buff, and for some reason you think power reapers use any of those shouts whose marginal damage you buffed by 40% (40% of nothing is still nothing).

    The power herald ones are even more pathetic. You nerfed the consistency of power herald in the 10% damage modifier only to gain a 2.5% damage buff under ideal raid settings (and a nerf everywhere else) plus a slight compensation to shackling wave to mitigate the nerf it suffered.

    Power herald and reaper didn't need <5% damage buffs, these specs are behind by as much as 5-6k DPS from the competition; that is, more than 20-30% behind the other top power specs.

    The Tempest "buffs" are also marginal and won't see them in a support spot over a druid when it gained a handful of low duration boons on some gimmick shout skills that barely have benefit in PvE.

    The patch notes don't fail to disappoint. All you did was nerf druid, chrono, and guardian. Meanwhile daredevils remain as busted as they are for how braindead they are to play in PvE, and somehow it's the mirage's dodge duration that is the problem when you have a thief spec with 3 dodges and massive endurance recharge doing top level DPS by just autoattacking things with the occasional dodge.

    I am baffled after all this time and the state of reverent with these changes, maybe im missing something or this is just getting ridiculous now.

    If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

  • @DiogoSilva.7089 said:

    @Sorem.9157 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

    I urge you to reconsider this change:

    • Righteous Instincts: This trait's critical-chance bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%.

    It is the bread and butter for many Guardian builds other than the Core Guardian, which is where it is causing most trouble.

    Harrier Firebrand viability will diminish even more after this, despite being a high skill floor build, it is constantly getting hit because of other Guardian meta builds. PvE dragonhunter also relies on this trait and despite being a strong burst option, it is what most Guardians play for PvE.

    Again, i urge you to reconsider the nerf and try to target specifically the build that is causing trouble, which is radiance core guardian for pvp.

    The problem with this trait is that it was so strong, that pretty much nearly every build had to use it. This applies to PvE as well. Now we should see more diversity, hopefully. And it's still a pretty strong trait.

    Agreed. Been playing guardian from day one. I can't say I'm angry at this one. Its an understandable "nerf".

    Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

  • Sorem.9157Sorem.9157 Member ✭✭✭

    @PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

    @DiogoSilva.7089 said:

    @Sorem.9157 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

    I urge you to reconsider this change:

    • Righteous Instincts: This trait's critical-chance bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%.

    It is the bread and butter for many Guardian builds other than the Core Guardian, which is where it is causing most trouble.

    Harrier Firebrand viability will diminish even more after this, despite being a high skill floor build, it is constantly getting hit because of other Guardian meta builds. PvE dragonhunter also relies on this trait and despite being a strong burst option, it is what most Guardians play for PvE.

    Again, i urge you to reconsider the nerf and try to target specifically the build that is causing trouble, which is radiance core guardian for pvp.

    The problem with this trait is that it was so strong, that pretty much nearly every build had to use it. This applies to PvE as well. Now we should see more diversity, hopefully. And it's still a pretty strong trait.

    Agreed. Been playing guardian from day one. I can't say I'm angry at this one. Its an understandable "nerf".

    I also have been playing Guardian since day one. This change does nothing but reduce build diversity.

    If by now with all the arguments presented here and on the Guardian subforum you can't realize that, i can do nothing for you.

  • @Sorem.9157 said:

    @PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

    @DiogoSilva.7089 said:

    @Sorem.9157 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

    I urge you to reconsider this change:

    • Righteous Instincts: This trait's critical-chance bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%.

    It is the bread and butter for many Guardian builds other than the Core Guardian, which is where it is causing most trouble.

    Harrier Firebrand viability will diminish even more after this, despite being a high skill floor build, it is constantly getting hit because of other Guardian meta builds. PvE dragonhunter also relies on this trait and despite being a strong burst option, it is what most Guardians play for PvE.

    Again, i urge you to reconsider the nerf and try to target specifically the build that is causing trouble, which is radiance core guardian for pvp.

    The problem with this trait is that it was so strong, that pretty much nearly every build had to use it. This applies to PvE as well. Now we should see more diversity, hopefully. And it's still a pretty strong trait.

    Agreed. Been playing guardian from day one. I can't say I'm angry at this one. Its an understandable "nerf".

    I also have been playing Guardian since day one. This change does nothing but reduce build diversity.

    If by now with all the arguments presented here and on the Guardian subforum you can't realize that, i can do nothing for you.

    LOL, one GM trait that I don't touch on my Guardian unless I'm doing a power build on one of my 3 guardians gets a slight nerf and you're claiming a huge hit to build diversity. News flash: if all of your builds are using that one GM trait as a crutch, then you have the opposite of build diversity.

    Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

  • Sorem.9157Sorem.9157 Member ✭✭✭

    @PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

    @Sorem.9157 said:

    @PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

    @DiogoSilva.7089 said:

    @Sorem.9157 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

    I urge you to reconsider this change:

    • Righteous Instincts: This trait's critical-chance bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%.

    It is the bread and butter for many Guardian builds other than the Core Guardian, which is where it is causing most trouble.

    Harrier Firebrand viability will diminish even more after this, despite being a high skill floor build, it is constantly getting hit because of other Guardian meta builds. PvE dragonhunter also relies on this trait and despite being a strong burst option, it is what most Guardians play for PvE.

    Again, i urge you to reconsider the nerf and try to target specifically the build that is causing trouble, which is radiance core guardian for pvp.

    The problem with this trait is that it was so strong, that pretty much nearly every build had to use it. This applies to PvE as well. Now we should see more diversity, hopefully. And it's still a pretty strong trait.

    Agreed. Been playing guardian from day one. I can't say I'm angry at this one. Its an understandable "nerf".

    I also have been playing Guardian since day one. This change does nothing but reduce build diversity.

    If by now with all the arguments presented here and on the Guardian subforum you can't realize that, i can do nothing for you.

    LOL, one GM trait that I don't touch on my Guardian unless I'm doing a power build on one of my 3 guardians gets a slight nerf and you're claiming a huge hit to build diversity. News flash: if all of your builds are using that one GM trait as a crutch, then you have the opposite of build diversity.

    News flash: if that one trait allows you to run several different builds, as long as you build around it, you have build diversity.
    Harrier Firebrand was built around RI. Core Guard was built around RI. Diviner DH was build around RI. I'm sure there are more people running around with custom builds that i can't list aswell. All builds you will less of because of the nerf. How can you not understand this? How is this an increase in build diversity?

    The "boost" they gave the other GM traits did not take them out of their niche uses. Burn Firebrand on PvE will carry on using Amplified Wrath, like they always did and on specific fractal/raid enconters people will still run Perfected Inscriptions, like they always did. People will run the same builds with the same roles, absolutely nothing will change, except for the fact that the builds that rely on RI will be weaker and possibly thrown out of the meta.

    Please explain me, how is taking alway possibilities an increase to build diversity, if none of the specs that depend on that possibility are broken? If RI trait led to some breaking-meta build that overshadowed other professions at their specific roles were a thing, i'd understand they wanting to tone it down, but it didn't.

    Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. Deleting builds just because they all use one trait in common is not adding build diversity.

  • Thanks for still posting this! <3

    Changes look interesting, should be fun!

  • Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭

    I have made a post on what Banners could be rather than this current banner change.
    I have included all banners bar the Battle Standard.

    Warrior needs a true support build, like all the other classes have and this could do it. - this way would could have micro-managment of banner skills while in combat.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70393/warrior-banners-and-what-they-could-be-suggestion#latest

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ryou.2398 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    The power reaper and herald PvE "buff" are laughable. The power reaper didn't even gain a significant buff, and for some reason you think power reapers use any of those shouts whose marginal damage you buffed by 40% (40% of nothing is still nothing).

    The power herald ones are even more pathetic. You nerfed the consistency of power herald in the 10% damage modifier only to gain a 2.5% damage buff under ideal raid settings (and a nerf everywhere else) plus a slight compensation to shackling wave to mitigate the nerf it suffered.

    Power herald and reaper didn't need <5% damage buffs, these specs are behind by as much as 5-6k DPS from the competition; that is, more than 20-30% behind the other top power specs.

    The Tempest "buffs" are also marginal and won't see them in a support spot over a druid when it gained a handful of low duration boons on some gimmick shout skills that barely have benefit in PvE.

    The patch notes don't fail to disappoint. All you did was nerf druid, chrono, and guardian. Meanwhile daredevils remain as busted as they are for how braindead they are to play in PvE, and somehow it's the mirage's dodge duration that is the problem when you have a thief spec with 3 dodges and massive endurance recharge doing top level DPS by just autoattacking things with the occasional dodge.

    I am baffled after all this time and the state of reverent with these changes, maybe im missing something or this is just getting ridiculous now.

    It's just their balance team instead of coming up with obvious numerical solutions and tuning decides to offer gimmicks to not have to do split skill balancing across the board.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    It's called "being experienced" and "knowing your class well".

    So that allows you to predict how things work with all the game changes?

    To a certain degree, yes. There are always going to be surprises, but quite often the end result can be blindingly obvious to anyone that has even a little deeper knowledge of the subject.

    I disagree. No experience will be enough to tell Anet what direction to change the game, especially since they don't primarily balance based on performance.

    Wouldn't the same apply to the balance devs as well? Are you saying they are changing things blindly without being able to see what is going to happen until after the patch?

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

    There is always one big problem with that way of thinking ... you forget there are going to be always more balance patches.

    Sure it does apply to them ... and if things are not right ... they can fix them at another patch later on. Having some idea of how things will turn out isn't a reason to not make changes, even if people predict some negative impacts.

    Either the change gives them what they wanted or it doesn't. If it doesn't, they do something else. If it does, job done.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Ryou.2398 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    The power reaper and herald PvE "buff" are laughable. The power reaper didn't even gain a significant buff, and for some reason you think power reapers use any of those shouts whose marginal damage you buffed by 40% (40% of nothing is still nothing).

    The power herald ones are even more pathetic. You nerfed the consistency of power herald in the 10% damage modifier only to gain a 2.5% damage buff under ideal raid settings (and a nerf everywhere else) plus a slight compensation to shackling wave to mitigate the nerf it suffered.

    Power herald and reaper didn't need <5% damage buffs, these specs are behind by as much as 5-6k DPS from the competition; that is, more than 20-30% behind the other top power specs.

    The Tempest "buffs" are also marginal and won't see them in a support spot over a druid when it gained a handful of low duration boons on some gimmick shout skills that barely have benefit in PvE.

    The patch notes don't fail to disappoint. All you did was nerf druid, chrono, and guardian. Meanwhile daredevils remain as busted as they are for how braindead they are to play in PvE, and somehow it's the mirage's dodge duration that is the problem when you have a thief spec with 3 dodges and massive endurance recharge doing top level DPS by just autoattacking things with the occasional dodge.

    I am baffled after all this time and the state of reverent with these changes, maybe im missing something or this is just getting ridiculous now.

    It's just their balance team instead of coming up with obvious numerical solutions and tuning decides to offer gimmicks to not have to do split skill balancing across the board.

    Hmmm gimmicks, well if these are considered gimmicky then most of those playstyles are no fun and clunky in my experience.

    If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Iozeph.5617 said:

    @ROMANG.1903 said:
    Again a bit unsatisfied by the elementalist changes... The shouts buffs are really nice but I'd like to see more things changed. A Tempest class mechanic that actually feels like a mechanic instead of a mere AOE cooldown, for example. But most importantly this update does nothing to fix the inherent problems people have been pointing out for years now. I see others classes receive reworks on their gyros or spirits... When do we get our summoned weapons rework? :/

    As a whole, I also hope to see one day new core elite skills added. The elementalist could use a signet elite and an arcane elite, the thief could get a trap elite... And so on. We are in dire need of more elite skills options, those we have right now make me feel very restricted in how I can use them.

    Gyros suck, they're still going to suck when they're turned into wells after the changes because the rest of what's framing them is a hot mess. Core Engineer is still rubbish. Kits have been left in a sorry, non-competitive state(mortar kit included), and any Scrapper using hammer in competitive modes is still going to be kited because they have no weapon swap. Counting on kits to make up for the inability to keep someone in melee range with anemic hammer damage besides if you do get some hits in won't cut it unless you're getting cheap shots in because you're being being carried by a group of friends. You're wondering about summoned weapons? Engineers are wondering why turrets(save perhaps healing turret), and a majority of their gadgets - things which apart from the lackluster kits also used to partially define them, have been a complete waste of bar slots for years.

    But we're not supposed to mention that. We're supposed to shut up and be pathetically grateful we were given the abortion known as the Holosmith- the almost but not quite ultimate faceroll elite.

    But tell us how you really feel.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • As a warrior main I feel like Tactics will no longer take priority over Discipline due to how the Banner boons are spread, even with condi berserker/spellbreaker builds.

    Cred X

  • Iozeph.5617Iozeph.5617 Member ✭✭✭

    @Exalted Quality.8534 said:

    UMAD BRO?

    You might think so. But it's only a state of heightened resignation.

  • Iozeph.5617Iozeph.5617 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    But tell us how you really feel.

    Certainly.

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

    @Daishi.6027 said:
    I'm not displeased with the .25 reduction on mirage cloak but the vigor and jaunt changes from the past should be reconsidered.

    If this was where we were going to go those prior changes don't feel right, despite many peoples complaints mirage's evasion up time is not superior any class that has access to a lot of evades on weapon skills, or can gain evasion readily like DD.

    Considering Mirages still can stomp, ress and freely attack while dodging, as well as dodge while Immobilized etc., you would hope the uptime is much lower compared to a DD.
    You also still have access Distortion.
    Don't worry, it will still be broken.

    "As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

  • MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

    Ok, thanks for buffing support Tempest (though it hadn't been at a particular bad spot prior to that anyway), and thanks a lot for your plans to buff it more in the future - but what about the core Ele? What about the Weaver's issues? What about dps Tempest builds (currently only one is viable and relies on camping air, so much for a "versatile caster")? What about most of weapons being far, far worse option for e-specs than the "intended" ones (sword and warhorn)?

    Does the 15 pages long thread give you a hint about something?
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51752/concerns-about-elementalist#latest

  • Blueberry.8095Blueberry.8095 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

    I'm no pro but seems to me that druid got nerfed with the spirits can easily be killed now???
    I rage quit my weaver for druid, now I should rage quit my druid for..... what?? Do I seriously have to make a new set of gear for a new character after every balance patch?

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

    @MoriMoriMori.5349 said:
    Ok, thanks for buffing support Tempest (though it hadn't been at a particular bad spot prior to that anyway), and thanks a lot for your plans to buff it more in the future - but what about the core Ele? What about the Weaver's issues? What about dps Tempest builds (currently only one is viable and relies on camping air, so much for a "versatile caster")? What about most of weapons being far, far worse option for e-specs than the "intended" ones (sword and warhorn)?

    Does the 15 pages long thread give you a hint about something?
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51752/concerns-about-elementalist#latest

    Yup, was about to say it. Can core ele traits and weapons have any love?

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • The initial SoI change has absolutely killed support chronomancer in WvW, and in almost every patch it has received nothing but nerfs over and over.
    As for now, in WvW, the main use of a chronomancer is only its utilities, i.e. focus pulls, veil and grav well.

    I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but in what sense is that "This still leaves it a little on the strong side"?

    Will you be thinking about removing this skill (and traits which associated) entirely at some point?
    Or perhaps, if its not too late to suggest, to balance classes seperately in different game modes?

  • I thought these were supposed to go live today? I know they just woke up in USA, but I truly hope we're still on for today... :)

  • saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Profanity.6829 said:
    I thought these were supposed to go live today? I know they just woke up in USA, but I truly hope we're still on for today... :)

    Around 9am PST, 12pm EST. Less than two hours give or take a few minutes.

    Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

  • @saerni.2584 said:

    @Profanity.6829 said:
    I thought these were supposed to go live today? I know they just woke up in USA, but I truly hope we're still on for today... :)

    Around 9am PST, 12pm EST. Less than two hours give or take a few minutes.

    Can't... hold on.... any.... longer...

    Need... to try... scrapper buffs... nowww...

    But thx :)

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @nanomidgy.9180 said:
    The initial SoI change has absolutely killed support chronomancer in WvW, and in almost every patch it has received nothing but nerfs over and over.
    As for now, in WvW, the main use of a chronomancer is only its utilities, i.e. focus pulls, veil and grav well.

    I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but in what sense is that "This still leaves it a little on the strong side"?

    They probably meant "it's still used".

    Will you be thinking about removing this skill (and traits which associated) entirely at some point?

    Why, when you can get it a Smiter's Boon treatment.

    Or perhaps, if its not too late to suggest, to balance classes seperately in different game modes?

    It's as ridiculous in PvE actually.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭

    thank you for those info

  • NeroBoron.7285NeroBoron.7285 Member ✭✭✭

    @Caine.8204 said:

    @NeroBoron.7285 said:

    Mesmer
    Expected a change/nerf to Evasive Mirror here, in my opinion it gives more survivalbility then that 1/4second longer dodge. Not sure on the SoI changes.
    Most nerfs were expected there since mirage is to strong in roaming. But for group / zerg setups mesmer isn't that great. I hope we see changes there in the future.

    Evasive Mirror only blocks projectiles, which heavily limits it already. It has to be a successful evasion, which limits it again. Then, it only lasts 2s. They can do a maximum of 2 of these every 15 seconds with permanent vigor, so it has a maximum uptime of 13.33%. Lowering the mirage image duration reduces their overall "iframes" from 59% to 51.7%, taking into account Axe 3 (.75/8s), Jaunt (1s/30s), the shadowstep utility (.75s/20s) distortion (4s/42.5s), dodges now (1.5s/15s) heal skill mirage image (.75s/25s), staff 2 blink (.5s/8s), and blink (2s/30s).

    Successful evasion is not really a limit, a unsuccessful Dodge is a waste anyway.
    And is really strong against projectile based classes. And not often the evasion occurs not with the beginning of the Dodge. Assuming the middle of the dodge with lasted 1sec back then it would occured at 0,5 sec and there for extend the immunity against projectiles by 1,5 sec to 2,5 sec.

    Yes with only vigor you can Dodge twice every 15 seconds. Which already gives 5second of projectile immunity when correctly used so you get already a 33% uptime. Considering energy sigil what is basically another free Dodge every 9 seconds so you are already over 58%
    and there is still stuff like the rune of the adventurer which gives another free dodge on heal. With the mirage heal gives basically two free dodges this way.

    Also evasive mirror procs on evasion not on Dodge means if you success evade with axe 3 it also gives a mirror. So another 2,5 second projectile immunity on 10seconds. And if e are already at 83%.

    The mirror heal would provide a 2 sec reflect or skilled 4 seconds on 15 sec with another free dodge on adventurer.

    Wouldn't say that the math here is realistic and covers everything. My point is only that a player with main damage from projectiles is completely thrown up.

  • incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

    I was trying to figure out what's wrong with these changes then i actually had an epiphany and a big realization and if you take a moment to think on what i say you'll see it's actually correct lol >
    arena net never buffs any relevant classes. The only classes that get buffs are already good ones (thief/rev) or elementalist (completely useless) and the buffs ele get are some random stuff that has nothing to do with pvp or with what the class needs so it doesn't actually become playable. Every single other class has received nothing but nerfs (in general) to a point where it's absolute garbage to play and its unfun and then they rework something and the reworked version is too strong and the cycle continues. Low elo players cry > stuff gets nerfed > meta changes > more cry > more nerfs > reach a point where concepts/classes are completely butchered > Rework and then you hope that your rework is good or prepare to play an underpowered class for a long time.

    Gyros got reworked now scrapper is broken and its gonna get nerfed in the next few patches until it becomes irrelevant and then something else will be reworked. The only way the meta changes is upon a rework of something or exceeding amount of nerfs. Mirage got a ton of undeserved nerfs (ironically, the staff build which was the problem , is still just fine cause staff wasn't touched but staff is boring as hell to play and sure it's still op and i can run in circle and heal for 500k but it's not fun and it needs a team to work and that's why its not fun to play by yourself).
    This has been happening for as long as i remember the game

  • Please for weaver if you could give us the amount of creativity placed in most other class traits. Since we're a selfish class we should have easier access to building up selfish boons like might and biasly protection. I'd suggest taking advantage of weaver lore of being a master of weaving elements and add to a trait gaining might from pyromancer puissance as long as one attunement is fire. I know there is boon hate from necro but with skill and placement it shouldn't be too hard to build up might again.

    With might we'd be great hybrids that you may have aspired us to be. Also if you could add condition to every fire sword skill and vulnerability to every lightning sword skill even weakness on the final lighting chain that would be nice. We'd still have trouble surviving till third lightning chain but still it would be nice.

    Apart form everything else suggested, this may be bias but I would like to be supported by our lore the same way Mesmer is by having a trait that let's us benefit from two attunement when it come to boons like might even if not attune to fire in any.

    Another bias would for elemental superiority having a lower cool down so we have easier access to weakness from ten to two or three secs, this would make dual skills more viable.

    Back to the the main point, as selfish class it would be nice to be able to do significant damage without staff fire 5. Other classes can grant several boons to other player without sacrificing significant damage or DPS loss, whereas without a player with training golem reflex, we can't effectively kill our opponents . There are very good players who know how to turn this class to gold but for the average again easier access to boons may help improve this class for them.

    Also if you raise burning precision burning chance to 66% on critical hit that would be wonderful, I'd want 100% but that may be bias.

    Another bias would be for increase superspeed for twist of fates

    As for unravel if you could make the boons last longer like 5 seconds to 15 seconds, since other classes can sport perma crits.

    I know some may say we're a aoe class but we have such long cast times which can knock backed by ranger or feared by neccro and warrior, or launch by holosmith and scrapper and of course gaurdian when saving primordial stance for other enounters. Back to unravel, if you could make it make attack unblockable for 5 seconds at least, it would be nice.

    Also a huge bias but if fire two could have instant recharge rate as long as opponents are burned. It wouldn't do much but much appreciated

    For stone resonance if it could purge two condition it would see more use and not be just a pretty picture.

    Now the main point as annoyingly said so many times is for there to be easier might buildup for weavers with sword, since staff weaver with might might be a little too much with fire staff eventhough I'd love to have might with staff(Please con't downvote, Staff users).

    And annoyingly again please more access for boons and trait advantage from two attunements, but for reasons i will not explain, it should kept to boons since we don't want boring gameplay from immortal weaver who can't kill you but you can't kill them.

    Sorry for being bias for sword weaver.

    For scepters and staff weaver and even tempest GL

    Might please please

  • please consider making spirits invulnerable or 90% immune to non-directly-targeted AOE damage. They're spirits right? Without something like this, spirits will continue to be totally useless in WVW, the only part of this game i care about.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.