RIP Banner Slaves and warriors in general - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

RIP Banner Slaves and warriors in general

2>

Comments

• Miko.4158Miko.4158 Member ✭✭✭

I can't see berserker getting fixed. it does wxp nicely by tagging everything as a sort of loot hoover.
    Torch also has some nice skins.
    aaand thats ur lot.
    I'd Like to see the voiceover for WOD changed to "taking one for the team"
    or "dem buns ain't gonna run" could be worth a poll

• Krieger.4712Krieger.4712 Member ✭✭

@MrForz.1953 said:
    Man I.. don't give kitten about those stupid banners and even Spellbreaker. Where's the Berserker stuff, where is it!

Could not agree more. When will we get SOMETHING Anet? It's been YEARS.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

Banners will continue to be a must-have in 10 man PvE content. Even the nerfed bonuses are worth it when spread to that many players.
    But it certainly remains to be seen if they are good enough to justify a warrior spot in Fractals now. There are alternative ways of removing boons as well as the fact that CC stopped being as much of an issue once people stopped using three Weavers. Plus there is also less need for the Precision provided by the banner given the increased stats thanks to Fractal Masteries.

And yes, still waiting for those Power Beserker buffs.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019

@Henry.5713 said:
    Banners will continue to be a must-have in 10 man PvE content. Even the nerfed bonuses are worth it when spread to that many players.
    But it certainly remains to be seen if they are good enough to justify a warrior spot in Fractals now. There are alternative ways of removing boons as well as the fact that CC stopped being as much of an issue once people stopped using three Weavers. Plus there is also less need for the Precision provided by the banner given the increased stats thanks to Fractal Masteries.

Berzerker only need 1 thing imo, a F key or trait that improves damage the more health is lacking, its a bzerker not a knight on steroids xD
    Anet need to make it more on theme with the name, should be the stronger direct damage version of the warrior while sacrificing health.

• Kinda sucks that they'll be removing the skills from the banners. It'd be nice if the skills got reworked into actual proper support skills so then you could have a true flag bearer support build going on.

• SidewayS.3789SidewayS.3789 Member ✭✭✭

Well, like @Henry.5713 said, in raids, i doubt BS will be kicked out from the scene, BUT on Fractals, i doubt anyone will bring a BS, instead of a full DPS Class. Why you would need 100 prec/power/fero, when you can have a fully DPS class who can bring much more on the table, since most of Fractals fights are bursts fight, unlike on Raids.No idea what Anet intended with this patch, but diversity it isnt.

🌊 Kristoff Pentaghast 🌊
    👉 Guardian on [SFR]👈
    💧 [TLS] 💧

• Geranor.5392Geranor.5392 Member ✭✭

@Strages.2950 said:
    WoD is now officially dead in WvW. As a warrior I have to risk my neck jumping into a zerg, stay with the enemy zerg (cause bubble chases me now) and I can't use any of my skills while I do it because i'll break the channel. If I get CC'd the channel is broken and I'm also probably dead. Whoever thought this was a good idea doesn't WvW much at all obviously.

It was already bad that the duration was halved, now WoD's purpose is to get the warrior killed too.

In PvE its useless now to... 5 secs no other Action...

• cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭✭

Thank god that at least banner pick up is instant now. Now to wait and see if banners are still optimal for 5 man parties.

• banner elite skill should get CD reduction from 180s to 150s
    cast time from 2s to 1.5s
    instant pick up is nice
    if you die and you forgot to pick up the banner, you will lose the cd reduction because banner is no more

in 1v2 in wvw it kinda sucks if AND ONLY if their friend doesnt instantly try to go for the res.
    in blobs it will suck because skill lag
    in gvg this will be very good I believe

• Amineo.8951Amineo.8951 Member ✭✭✭

@SidewayS.3789 said:
    Well, like @Henry.5713 said, in raids, i doubt BS will be kicked out from the scene, BUT on Fractals, i doubt anyone will bring a BS, instead of a full DPS Class. Why you would need 100 prec/power/fero, when you can have a fully DPS class who can bring much more on the table, since most of Fractals fights are bursts fight, unlike on Raids.No idea what Anet intended with this patch, but diversity it isnt.

You said it, Fractals are burst fights, Warrior still has decent burst and sustained DPS. The changes made to banners are irrelevant, in fact it's better because in a realistic scenario, you have better uptime than before, the only downside is that the stats gain is weaker but it's not a big deal really since your buffs last longer.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Henry.5713 said:

Berzerker only need 1 thing imo, a F key or trait that improves damage the more health is lacking, its a bzerker not a knight on steroids xD
    Anet need to make it more on theme with the name, should be the stronger direct damage version of the warrior while sacrificing health.

I like your idea.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.