Mesmer Nerfs

mortrialus.3062

"MesmerAfter watching mesmer builds develop following our last update, we have a few more adjustments for both chronomancers and mirages.While we think that Signet of Inspiration's new functionality is working well, it's a little too strong, so we're slightly reducing both the recharge time and the extension of the boon duration. This still leaves it a little on the strong side, but we don't want to remove it entirely. Similarly, the Danger Time trait ended up being too strong; we've been seeing some very high damage numbers coming out of chronomancers who are also bringing support skills.

Lowering the defiance-bar damage on Signet of Humility made it fairer when compared to other defiance-breaking skills, but left it in an unsatisfying place due to its high recharge time. We're lowering the recharge time in PvE areas to allow it to be used more frequently in situations where additional defiance damage is needed.

Finally, we're slightly reducing the duration of the Mirage Cloak dodge in order to make it more like the normal dodge move. When we first built the mirage specialization, we felt that the dodge window had to be larger than a normal dodge in order to compensate for the fact that the player doesn't move with the dodge. As players have become more accustomed to the specialization, we've found that this advantage is no longer necessary. Coupled with the superspeed that's granted by the other minor trait, mirages can travel significantly farther than a normal dodge while attacking. This change does not affect the window for an ambush attack, which has always been on a separate timer.

• Tides of Time: This skill's collision logic has been updated to reduce instances where the projectile could be unexpectedly destroyed. The returning wave now returns toward the current location of the mesmer rather than trying to predict the mesmer's future location based on movement speed and direction. This skill now applies quickness while traveling outward and alacrity while returning.• Well of Recall: Reduced the recharge time of this skill from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.• Signet of Humility: Reduced the recharge time of this skill from 180 seconds to 120 seconds in PvE only.• Signet of the Ether: This skill's recharge time now begins at the same time as phantasm skills are recharged.• Mirage Cloak: All applications of this skill's effect have had their duration reduced to match the duration of a normal dodge roll. This change does not affect the timing window for ambush skills.• Speed of Sand: Superspeed's duration has been reduced to match Mirage Cloak's duration.• Imaginary Axes: Reduced the amount of torment stacks applied in PvP and WvW from 3 to 1. This skill can no longer be used on targets behind the mesmer.• Ambush Assault: This skill can no longer be used on targets behind the mesmer.• Split Surge: This skill can no longer be used on targets behind the mesmer.• Signet of Inspiration: Lowered the extended durations of boons that this skill grants from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. Lowered the recharge time from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.• Axes of Symmetry: Reduced this skill's damage in WvW to match the PvP version of this skill. The number of confusion stacks that this applies is now 3 in all game modes.• Illusionary Ambush: Increased the recharge time of this skill from 20 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW only.• Mimic: Reduced the recharge time of this skill from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.• Cry of Pain: The number of confusion stacks that this trait allows Cry of Frustration to apply has been decreased from 2 to 1 in all game modes.• Ineptitude: The confusion duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.• Danger Time: The bonus critical-hit chance that this trait grants against slowed enemies has been reduced from 30% to 15%.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:And you post this here because?

I get it, we are all happy Mirage got nerfed but this Topic should be posted in the Mesmer forum.

I post this because it's the latest batch of nerfs to what has been the most complained about class for the eight months since Disenchanter Chrono was nerfed and deserves to be discussed.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I get it, we are all happy Mirage got nerfed but this Topic should be posted in the Mesmer forum.

I post this because it's the latest batch of nerfs to what has been the most complained about class for the eight months since Disenchanter Chrono was nerfed and deserves to be discussed.

What do you want to discuss about it though?You posted the patch notes, that doesn't help start much of a conversation.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

What do you want to discuss about it though?You posted the patch notes, that doesn't help start much of a conversation.

This.

100chars

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

Are you kidding me?

People always. Always have a million words on every little patch note.

It dont seems the correct way, IMO, to FIX (not nerf) mirages/mesmers. I have no complain about mirages damage,, the main problem, is the defense, teh fact that mirage could dodge while using a channeling skill, or while they are CCed is what make mirage a broken spec.

If you change that to "mirage cloak only works when dodge works", the thing is totally different, without any more nerf needed. If a mirage is using Lingering Thoughts and you can hit him by the way, is nothing unfair, but, the main problem is that mirages could have lot of dodges while doing damage to you. Thats the only SPEC (not class, rest of mesmers cant do that) in that situation.

So, seems that power mirage is the next meta for mesmers, thats not bad, axe spam without any brain was a real headcache.

About the other nerfs... well, i don't understand that chrono damage reduction. Actually power chronos aren't precisely a meta.

Anyway, i was playing mirage since start, one day I found 4 mirages per team constantly and lot of people complaining, stop playing it to understand that complains. Im waiting for it not to be broken, feel like cheating playing it actually, maybe is time to try again.

on the other side, people complains about mesmers, cause this game is kinda bad designed in some ways: While mesmers/mirage spam their cloak of invulneravility doing tots of damage, other classes, like ele spaming heal/dodge/block without needed to look at screen, or the burst of core guardian while being protected from you, what to say about boonbeast, etc... make people go cheese and easy way. To fight a mesmers need some brain to identify the target, not just got it marked and spam

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, the full patch notes:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69910/upcoming-balance-notes#latest

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Are you kidding me?

The problem is that you posted the Mesmer Patch Notes WITHOUT any starting point of discussion.

We already have a discussion on the balance patch in the PvP Forum and one on Mesmer in the Mesmer Forum.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Are you kidding me?

The problem is that you posted the Mesmer Patch Notes WITHOUT any starting point of discussion.

We already have a discussion on the balance patch in the PvP Forum and one on Mesmer in the Mesmer Forum.

@Hylo.1968 said:IH and Scepter left untouched gg anet

Exactly, also insp+chaos.ecksde

@Hylo.1968 said:we also forget Lost Time , which has 3s slow everytime you Disable (not even interrupt) and deals 1.5/2k without ICD.An enanched Lighting Rod but way stronger

Lightning Rod does more damage even when it crits, does not have to crit to do damage, and puts one of the most op conditions in the game on your opponent. In what world is this bad?

Anet, can we arrange a trade?

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Hylo.1968 said:we also forget Lost Time , which has 3s slow everytime you Disable (not even interrupt) and deals 1.5/2k without ICD.An enanched Lighting Rod but way stronger

Lightning Rod does more damage even when it crits, does not have to crit to do damage,
and
puts one of the most op conditions in the game on your opponent. In what world is this bad?

Anet, can we arrange a trade?

since Chrono has more access to CCs than ele (WAAAAAY MORE)

also Weakness is less dangerous than Slow by far Imo

@Chaith.8256 said:

@shinta.8906 said:yeah LT is way better. whats ur point even? xD

That moment when you try to be funny but nobody laugh

It's ok, we still laughing at Trama streaming matches on your account to carry your rating. <3. I'm surprised you still post on that accExcept he couldnt carry himself even to top25 because all buffs that made 'tether sword' viable came way later? Much logic in there Sherlock ,try again (Also you cant appear on lb with 15 games played in entire season)You still mad at me for criticizing your bad play against random mirage? Not my fault you actually record and post them here and show your lack of knowledge about core skills after 6 years

You can call Trama and I bad players but you cant erase the screenshots of him streaming ranked on your accI'm not even calling you bad players , I stated facts. At clip you uploaded you played terrible ,wasted dodges into nowhere and suicided at mesmer,made a wall that you dont know how does pistol4-5 looks likeThat season he couldn't carry himself to top25 as he finished around 30-40 place. He couldnt carry me to top250 even ,terrible service , dont recommend to anyone :disappointed:

How about you try to carry yourself to the top 250 before you criticize others and act knowledgeable

I have done that before way before that happened ;) If you would be on EU you would know that .Should I put /s so you get it ?Even more hilarious that I had to explain difference and describe how each skill look like and after 6 years you had no clue about it .

In all honesty those nerfs are kinda light.From personal experience, the vast majority of Mirages I encounter in ranked run chaos > illusions with Deceptive Evasion in Dueling.That being said, the meta-traits remain pretty much unaffected.The nerfs that somewhat hurt the current meta spec are the ones to Imaginary Axes and Illusionary Ambush...which both had it coming anyway.

At worst I'd predict, that chaos mirages will drop axe in favor of scepter. That would mean that they are less dangerous in teamfights but pretty much as cancerous to duel as before. Overall tho...everything remains pretty much the same.

Archived