GW2 Open PvP Map in PvE / Battle Royal Concept

GoQ.1048

Is there anything like an open pvp map planned in pve, like u see other games have it?

A map where u can fight with ur guild over for example dungeon entries or mining nodes or guild buff nodes.

• with battle royals becoming more and more popular
  • with bdo being popular around that idea
  • with wvw's decline in popularity
  • with the wide gap of support between all three gamemodes

how about a concept that would'nt seperate them any further but integrate them?

lets say get rid of wvw as a mode and introduce new maps via living story that are open pvp.

balance issues would be channeled aswell as they wouldnt be speerated over several gamemodes anymore.the toxicity between the gamemodes would get better aswell as noone needs to fight for attention anymore.guilds would gain a purpose.

just an idea open for discussion

@shinta.8906 said:Is there anything like an open pvp map planned in pve, like u see other games have it?

A map where u can fight with ur guild over for example dungeon entries or mining nodes or guild buff nodes.

lets say get rid of wvw as a mode and introduce new maps via living story that are open pvp.

balance issues would be channeled aswell as they wouldnt be speerated over several gamemodes anymore.the toxicity between the gamemodes would get better aswell as noone needs to fight for attention anymore.guilds would gain a purpose.

Just because other games have such a thing is not a good reason for GW2 to incorporate it. Splitting PvE, PvP and WvW was a design decision and, IMO, makes GW2 more unique than other MMOs in this regard.

again:they had it incorporated allready.

wvw has no real meaning and identy since servers got merged into mega servers.pve has no real endcontent except doing the same grind over and over again. which isnt effected at all if u get seperated maps or instances.guilds have no real meaning in this game.thats also before the glaring popularity of br games. this game is in dire need for new players and its biggest plus side is its combat system. why not build on it.

and looking at the toxicity and balance issues that come with 3 gamemodes i dont think its healthy for the playerbase either.

pve alone isnt able to sustain the game this much we learned.

@shinta.8906 said:again:they had it incorporated allready.

wvw has no real meaning and identy since servers got merged into mega servers.pve has no real endcontent except doing the same grind over and over again. which isnt effected at all if u get seperated maps or instances.guilds have no real meaning in this game.thats also before the glaring popularity of br games. this game is in dire need for new players and its biggest plus side is its combat system. why not build on it.

and looking at the toxicity and balance issues that come with 3 gamemodes i dont think its healthy for the playerbase either.

it's not that ppl are against new gamemodes or whatever, it's that your suggestion is just bad.

@shinta.8906 said:again:they had it incorporated allready.

MegaServers don't impact WvW; it's still, at this time, Server-based.I don't think revenue is an issue for the current restructuring. At least, not revenue being earned; I think it was about revenue being spent.

It is unlikely that this game will ever have open world pvp.

Source“The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP, and while it isn’t ‘true’ open world PvP for more PvP purists, it does contain many of the elements that make world PvP so exciting. Hopefully it will mostly satisfy people that want open world PvP.” — Mike Ferguson

I am not sure if the original suggestion was just bad, or just badly worded. People in GW2 do NOT want PvP in their PvE maps. There would have been less negative comments/answers if you would not have suggested that this would happen in a PvE map.

The beta event "Hunger games" sounds fun. It basically is like one of the many seasonal PvP events (think wintersday snowball activity where you bring presents to your base, or the halloween labyrinth where villagers have to survive while hunted by ghosts) just with even more people and on a much bigger map just for themselves without bothering those who do not want to participate.

As long as it is something that people can choose to do without it being forced on them, I'm fine with it.

Topic has Been discussed yes. And for many times. But the issue still remains. 3 separate game mods all in there own instances. Splitting up population into 3 groups always leave maps empty. like in HoT.

This is problem number 1, (Instances). No one likes them & it shows. It don't matter what it is. If it is a game mode or a home instance or guild hall. No one really goes. & Anet keeps making them. I really don't understand why? People use em when they come out but after a week becomes a deserted area for fun. WoW. That is a fail!If you gonna split up your population thin you might as well not make an mmo but more focus on a group up RPG where you can quest with 5 of your friends.

I said it before. Merge WvW in RESERVED MAPS in the pve maps of Tyria. I put it in bold for does who does not understand what that means. It means pve players wont be bothered by zergs outside of does reserved maps. & that way population does not dwindle away. In fact When Questing players see's zergs running towards to war in a reserved map, he will prolly join in for a few skirmish before continuing on his pve way.Number 2 - Is why do we fight for? Well answer, land & it's resources. Meaning the hole allocation of the economies has to change. The reward system as is is a fail. Get rid of it. Something closer to Eve online would be better. But i would go further & better then that. I'm not going to elaborate on what do i mean on the economy. Easy to figure out that what ever you take or farm takes away from the opponent. Giving him the reason to fight. Forget honor forget what ever. It's all about MONEY$$$.PVP is another issue lets not talk about it now.

@"Shikigami.4013" said:I am not sure if the original suggestion was just bad, or just badly worded. People in GW2 do NOT want PvP in their PvE maps. There would have been less negative comments/answers if you would not have suggested that this would happen in a PvE map.

The beta event "Hunger games" sounds fun. It basically is like one of the many seasonal PvP events (think wintersday snowball activity where you bring presents to your base, or the halloween labyrinth where villagers have to survive while hunted by ghosts) just with even more people and on a much bigger map just for themselves without bothering those who do not want to participate.

As long as it is something that people can choose to do without it being forced on them, I'm fine with it.

this. eng is not my first language. the video shows a pve map with pvp taking place on a seperate instance away from pve.the idea was that even in those pvp instances u can still have some pve impact for guild for example. like getting ownership over nodes, dungeon entries etc. something not rly required but usefull to have as a guild.

the actual bigger idea behind this is to use tech that is allrdy there and proven to be good/outstanding like the combat system of gw2. like the instance system from beta times. the intial idea of having mass pvp but with an incentive for guilds.

it would also encourage to see this game as one game and not 3 gamemodes competing eatchother for dev attention and effort tbh.

@shinta.8906 said:

@"Shikigami.4013" said:I am not sure if the original suggestion was just bad, or just badly worded. People in GW2 do NOT want PvP in their PvE maps. There would have been less negative comments/answers if you would not have suggested that this would happen
in a PvE map

The beta event "Hunger games" sounds fun. It basically is like one of the many seasonal PvP events (think wintersday snowball activity where you bring presents to your base, or the halloween labyrinth where villagers have to survive while hunted by ghosts) just with even more people and on a much bigger map
just for themselves without bothering those who do not want to participate

As long as it is something that people can
choose to do without it being forced on them
, I'm fine with it.

this. eng is not my first language. the video shows a pve map with pvp taking place on a seperate instance away from pve.
the idea was that even in those pvp instances u can still have some pve impact for guild for example. like getting ownership over nodes, dungeon entries etc
. something not rly required but usefull to have as a guild.

the actual bigger idea behind this is to use tech that is allrdy there and proven to be good/outstanding like the combat system of gw2. like the instance system from beta times. the intial idea of having mass pvp but with an incentive for guilds.

it would also encourage to see this game as one game and not 3 gamemodes competing eatchother for dev attention and effort tbh.

If this has impact on the pve maps (ownership of nodes, access to dungeons, etc) then why in the world would pve players support this idea. If it doesn’t impact the pve maps then those features are pointless as anyone can bypass them in an second by logging into a regular pve map. The majority of players in this game are pve players (see population of WvW and sPvP as comparison). To work, this 6 year old game would need to either convert PvE players to consistently play in open world PvP (doubtful) or attract a large number new, open world PvP players (also doubtful). If it works it will drain people from WvW as there is unlikely enough PvP players to support 2 open world PvP maps. If it doesn’t work it will be a lot of dev hours and budget down the drain on a failed venture that only a handful of people have ever asked for.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There are already 'reserved maps' with PvE events and PvP; you can find them in the Mists (also known as WvW).

Hurrgh....another one that don't get it. sigh...

No we get it, you don't seem to fully get it. WvW may exist in the mists but the maps are very much PvE. They just don't have a version on Tyria is all. Though I will say that the maps in WvW do need a rework. New maps would help there alot really. Many players hate the desert map.

As for a battle royal style. go play south sun survival. A fun game and one that should get a update imo.

@shinta.8906 said:Is there anything like an open pvp map planned in pve, like u see other games have it?

I don't get how this would work conceptually ... why would players in a map related to living story or OW PVE content fight each other? Sure it works in cases where you join a factions that fight each other in other games ... but we don't have that in GW2.

Archived