Ok, now undo the marked stealth mechanic...

Raiden The Beast.3016

Once the stealth applied by Silent Scope is changed to 1 second, doesn't that mean you won't get hit by the destealth and revealed mechanic of marked? IIRC it only applies at 3 seconds of stealth. Even with Shadow Arts, the stealth will only last 2 seconds so you shouldn't get hit with the debuff.

Not commenting on the validity of the change, but it might not be entirely bad. When fighting in an area with a watchtower or nearby a sentry it should allow you to get into stealth to hit Death's Judgement without having to worry about getting punished by the debuff unless you try to stack stealth outside of Silent Scope. It may end up shoehorning you into Shadow Arts though if you want the safety of repositioning with stealth (which would also lower DPS potential, but that might be a side effect ANet is aiming for).

@Eugenides.1274 said:Once the stealth applied by Silent Scope is changed to 1 second, doesn't that mean you won't get hit by the destealth and revealed mechanic of marked? IIRC it only applies at 3 seconds of stealth. Even with Shadow Arts, the stealth will only last 2 seconds so you shouldn't get hit with the debuff.

The mark still applies to builds outside of Deadeye. Core and Daredevil access to stealth is through smoke field finishers, CnD, SA traits, and utility skills. All of which are a minimum of 3 seconds, which will apply the Marked reveal.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@SoulSin.5682 said:At least raise the stealth time a little.

From 4s to 8s to match skills like Mass invisibility.

lol. which skill of thief should give 8s of stealth?

Shadow RefugeSmoke field + blinding powder.Shadow trap.

Not all of those give 8s, but they are by thenselves more than enough to get marked.

Marked mechanic was poorly thought but Tbh stealth need rework

@Safandula.8723 said:

@SoulSin.5682 said:At least raise the stealth time a little.

From 4s to 8s to match skills like Mass invisibility.

lol. which skill of thief should give 8s of stealth?

Shadow RefugeSmoke field + blinding powder.Shadow trap.

Not all of those give 8s, but they are by thenselves more than enough to get marked.

Marked mechanic was poorly thought but Tbh stealth need rework

Stealth mechanic itself is fine. The over-abundance of it wasn't fine.

While problematic for stealthers, I find the marked mechanic simply kept me from hunting in those areas. I might dart in to pop a zergling or to take out a sentry when nobody was around but I certainly didn't stay. Now with the shorter stealth Silent Scope gives, I will try to go back to hunting in those areas since the marked designation does draw in prey.

@Straegen.2938 said:While problematic for stealthers, I find the marked mechanic simply kept me from hunting in those areas. I might dart in to pop a zergling or to take out a sentry when nobody was around but I certainly didn't stay. Now with the shorter stealth Silent Scope gives, I will try to go back to hunting in those areas since the marked designation does draw in prey.

I've noticed this as well, been playing my old shortbow trapper DD a lot recently and it's funny watching people pile on me in marked areas to discover I don't need stealth lol

If anet keeps nerfing DE and thief mechanics, i have to ask for heavy gear for my thief and more base health. All the hate post against thieves, comes from people who didnt have any clue about run with no armor and 10.5k health specially in competitive modes.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:The problem is, silent scope was never the reason for marked being introduced for towers. That stealth play was mostly achieved with placing sniper's cover in a wall then heartseeker x4, so smoke fields. So removing mark now will enable cheesy hiding in towers again just like it was before.

well before the change there was also energy sigil stacking and you could permastealth with only dodges, wich i did.if you just aim to hide you may also change traits for more stolen skills to use them on non damagable targets / out of range or obstructed, that can cover for quite a bit.

however i dont think removing marked will make only more deadeyes. 2 scrappers and you have 0 tell permastealth for an entire group wich may include mesmers as the new stealth gyro has no visuals for opponents and there is a trait that will reduce its cooldown by 3s every time you use a dodge roll. so there again dodge for permastealth ;)

Archived