Passive defense

Auburner.6945

Is it fine for me as an ele to get struck by a backstab that's almost 2.5-3 times my hp while having nothing to do in terms of even reacting to it? Where is even the skill included into that? Stealth and POP, wow. Fantastic!

I got 1 shot by a thief for a number that even the tankiest ele can't withstand and it was the highest this time.

Can't we have a trait or a passive utility skill that ignores 1 lethal blow. What's the point of having a combat system when there is literally no interaction. How am I supposed to react to a thief that's invisible all the time and the only time I see them is in downed state, that is if there was even a downstate after the follow up.

This happened a few times to me, but this shouldn't be fine. Even MS can't hit like that and it got demolished while there is a frame for the opponent to counter it.

The point of the post is to either split that skill's damage and nerf it in WvW or give us any passive defense to allow the player to even know what's going on. If none of these could be introduced then give us some damage buffs to match this meta were the first to land one hit is the one to kill.

NO MORE PASSIVE DEFENSES. Thief backstab is the only reason why passive endure pain and shit even exist nowadays. We want to get rid of all of those and the powercreep. If a glass deadeye got a good backstab on you its because he played that well you can play arround it even tho its hard and there is some luck involved but its doable. Also legit popping primordial stance is enough to keep a thief that builds that glassy to prevent from coming to close on you.

@Bashi.8902 said:NO MORE PASSIVE DEFENSES. Thief backstab is the only reason why passive endure pain and kitten even exist nowadays. We want to get rid of all of those and the powercreep. If a glass deadeye got a good backstab on you its because he played that well you can play arround it even tho its hard and there is some luck involved but its doable. Also legit popping primordial stance is enough to keep a thief that builds that glassy to prevent from coming to close on you.

Ele by far has 0 passive defense except Final Shielding which is not the number one trait in Arcane as Elemental Contingency is much better because of the lack of boons and it's more frequent, so you can say the class has 0 chance to survive such attack, add on that if the attack is unblockable then Final Shielding won't save you. I wasn't marked before death, at least if I was marked I would've reacted, but I literally saw nothing and then I was dead a moment later. Even if they played it well, I couldn't play anything because I saw nothing before death.

As you said there is too much damage in the game, but at least give us something to counter-act such encounters, because it's laughable.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Does Final Shielding save you from a lethal blow like this? Otherwise you could use Rune of Rebirth.

I agree that it's a problem though - being spiked by invisible thieves is one of my main reasons for not playing WvW.

It doesn't if the attack is unblockable.

I got one shot as a MarshalxCelest Sw/d and as a full zerk staff. Both were the same way. BOOP! dead. The damage is too high that the thief doesn't even have to care for the stats the players is running.

I mean, you should expect to be one shot as a full zerker staff. Ele has the lowest base toughness and health pool.

Marshal/Celestial... Alright. Well, it doesn't give you that much health and toughness, it's unsurprising that you will die from burst. You'd die just as easy to a power ranger/slb/chrono/warrior/reaper/the list goes on. If you want to survive burst you have to see it coming (i.e. look around you as you are running, thieves have an animation/smoke cloud thingy when they stealth, if you see this you need to just gtfo or prot yourself up), and then react. You can either run arcane shield, armor of earth (protection is underrated) or just run around in Earth Attunement with Stone Heart.

Not every ele build is going to be viable versus the current meta, just like I couldn't run around as a Harrier ranger and expect to kill stuff and survive. Ele has been, and will probably always be, a squishy class. You just have to play around that.

There are better picks over Arcane Shield, and Final Shielding in Arcane line, both won't work if the attack can pass through blocks. For Stone Heart, I don't see anyone running Earth line at all except when playing condi weaver in PvE, which still isn't a viable pick, because outside of earth (in PvP/WvW), the line is literally pointless and on ele (any class) camping one attunement is comitting to dying, so Stone Heart will sure prevent that burst hit but it won't save me from what's after.

I can evade the attack if I saw it coming. My point is it's the only class that I have ever experienced such damage burst. That's half the DH's burst opener golem damage, which is insanely high. Anyway, hope something happens, else... it's pretty whatever.

@Bashi.8902 said:NO MORE PASSIVE DEFENSES. Thief backstab is the only reason why passive endure pain and kitten even exist nowadays. We want to get rid of all of those and the powercreep. If a glass deadeye got a good backstab on you its because he played that well you can play arround it even tho its hard and there is some luck involved but its doable. Also legit popping primordial stance is enough to keep a thief that builds that glassy to prevent from coming to close on you.

Primordial stance wont keep a thief away that can stay in stealth for 24/7 sice it has a duration of 5sec and a cd of 25sec with 2 charges. And its just ridiculous how you have to tryhard while the thief has to literally do nothing but stay in stealth. If he fucks up he can just disengage like nothing happened to him

Archived