RIP Deadeye (stealth)

Urejt.5648

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that so much steath uptime needs to be nerfed but I would have thought they would gave it something defensive in return such as giving skill 4 on rifle no cast time.

As it is now 1 second isn't enough for a DE to reposition if it gets jumped. DD has swiftness extra dodge and unhindered combatant. core which has evasion, Regen, vigor, instant reflexes. DE has 1 second of stealth. Which basically is a detargeted in which the other guy can just click or you or press tab to unload their burst and gg.

It's low hanging fruit tbh. It's easier to nerf something that's problematic into the floor than come up with a middle ground that actually makes it work. And as per usual, this change is balanced around SA and D/P, so builds using neither of these will be significantly hit.

That said, they did give us the stealth on stolen skill use. The issue is that vs stuff like mirage where it's difficult to build malice, you're going to get blown up before you can get the stealth access. We'll have to see how it plays out I guess.

Maybe you needed that stealth to be effective in sPvP, but not really in WvW. The "perma" stealth hit and run build will be gone, but my DA/Trick/DE run and gun build hasn't been touched really. I didn't stay in stealth longer than a second anyway, unless I was escaping an outnumbered fight that went sour. A couple DRs and an IS are just as good for disengage if your SS is down anyway.

thats because in wvw half the people don't know what they are doing and you are not confined to a small map where every other classes has leaps, swiftness and super speed to chase u down. Other classes have these things to get away. DE has non of that.

you can run core thief with d/p and still win 1vX in wvw simply because a wvw player experiences not even a fraction of the experience of battle compared to some 1 who pvps. you might have 1 fight every 10- 25 minutes if you are roaming but in pvp its basically every minute u will be in a fight and a lot of the times u don't have ur cool downs.

Anything above gold 3, u can die in seconds. holo, core guard, rev, mesmer, warrior can all 1 shot u with 2nd burst rdy when they miss.

@"Turk.5460" said:Maybe you needed that stealth to be effective in sPvP, but not really in WvW. The "perma" stealth hit and run build will be gone, but my DA/Trick/DE run and gun build hasn't been touched really. I didn't stay in stealth longer than a second anyway, unless I was escaping an outnumbered fight that went sour. A couple DRs and an IS are just as good for disengage if your SS is down anyway.

@"Turk.5460" said:Maybe you needed that stealth to be effective in sPvP, but not really in WvW. The "perma" stealth hit and run build will be gone, but my DA/Trick/DE run and gun build hasn't been touched really. I didn't stay in stealth longer than a second anyway, unless I was escaping an outnumbered fight that went sour. A couple DRs and an IS are just as good for disengage if your SS is down anyway.

@"TorQ.7041" said:wvw player experiences not even a fraction of the experience of battle compared to some 1 who pvps.

They are separate game modes, but sure, if you want to be that way consider this: sPvP mains that step into WvW generally get destroyed by WvW mains. The other way around is probably also true. "Battle experience" in one game mode doesn't directly translate into "battle experience" in the other. I usually don't consider people with sPvP titles much of a threat while roaming.

I wasn't knocking sPvP, merely stating that even if it is dead in sPvP, it will still thrive in WvW.

i'm glad silent scope got nerfed. I made a perma stealth rifle DE for wvw a while ago to see what it was like to be on the other side of a DJ and i got bored out my skull in just one evening killing people with literally no risk of dying. No challenge gameplay is boring as F. I can't understand how anyone could have enjoyed this build.I mean sure it was kinda fun for an hour or so trolling people but it got stale pretty quick.

@Spartacus.3192 said:i'm glad silent scope got nerfed. I made a perma stealth rifle DE for wvw a while ago to see what it was like to be on the other side of a DJ and i got bored out my skull in just one evening killing people with literally no risk of dying. No challenge gameplay is boring as F. I can't understand how anyone could have enjoyed this build.I mean sure it was kinda fun for an hour or so trolling people but it got stale pretty quick.

We're all sure that's what happened, just threw something together and went out to one shot everyone with ease.

@kash.9213 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:i'm glad silent scope got nerfed.
I made a perma stealth rifle DE for wvw a while ago to see what it was like to be on the other side of a DJ and i got bored out my skull in just one evening killing people with literally no risk of dying
. No challenge gameplay is boring as F. I can't understand how anyone could have enjoyed this build.I mean sure it was kinda fun for an hour or so trolling people but it got stale pretty quick.

We're all sure that's what happened, just threw something together and went out to one shot everyone with ease.

! It didn't happen

@kash.9213 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:i'm glad silent scope got nerfed.
I made a perma stealth rifle DE for wvw a while ago to see what it was like to be on the other side of a DJ and i got bored out my skull in just one evening killing people with literally no risk of dying
. No challenge gameplay is boring as F. I can't understand how anyone could have enjoyed this build.I mean sure it was kinda fun for an hour or so trolling people but it got stale pretty quick.

I didnt throw something together, I have ascended weapons/armor and all ascended trinkets. I know how to read trait descriptions. I have watched enough youtube videos and read people discussing and posting builds.

That build is so freaking easy to play.And i didnt say "one shot" i said "killed"

People like to throw the one shot phrase around. Its more of a "one burst"

Try again buddy

The malicious backstab DA,SA,DE build still works fine in wvw. You can still permastealth, and can still 1shot most classes, its just now if you fuck up and need to disengage its a bit harder. over all its not a bad thing to have more counterplay to this type of build, and i will continue to jump slowpokes just trying to get to their zergs.

because DJ needed to be even more telegraphed and counterable apparently because it's the ruling god in all pvp. I guess people constantly demand even more future sight of it. Eventually people will be able to predict the exact time a Thief will use it 5 hours ahead of time as well as have their own personal "The World" that automatically stops time before it hits them.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:i'm glad silent scope got nerfed.

I didnt throw something together, I have ascended weapons/armor and all ascended trinkets. I know how to read trait descriptions. I have watched enough youtube videos and read people discussing and posting builds.

That build is so freaking easy to play.And i didnt say "one shot" i said "killed"

People like to throw the one shot phrase around. Its more of a "one burst"

Try again buddy

"on the other side of a DJ". Thanks Pal.

Archived