Dragon theory

This might have been posted already, and if so I'm sorry for the re-posting, but I have a theory about where the story is going...tl;dr version: We kill Kralkatorrik. Glint will take his place in the pantheon of dragons, Vlast will take Mordremoths place, and Aurene (since she ate Joko) will take Zhaitans place.

@derd.6413 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I had suggested a couple years ago that a new bloodstone, or its equivalent, be created which will store all of the excess magic.

i doubt that's a good idea given what happened with the last bloodstone we found

There was nothing wrong with that piece of the bloodstone. There’s no indication that there would have been any issues, had the White Mantle not damaged it, as it would have just continued to expand.

Oh, and using dragons to absorb magic didn’t really work out well when you look at Zhaitan and Mordremoth. I just want to point that out since you had used the same argument against one of the bloodstone pieces from LS3.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I had suggested a couple years ago that a new bloodstone, or its equivalent, be created which will store all of the excess magic.

i doubt that's a good idea given what happened with the last bloodstone we found

There was nothing wrong with that piece of the bloodstone. There’s no indication that there would have been any issues, had the White Mantle not damaged it, as it would have just continued to expand.

Oh, and using dragons to absorb magic didn’t really work out well when you look at Zhaitan and Mordremoth. I just want to point that out since you had used the same argument against one of the bloodstone pieces from LS3.

except the dragons took a coalition spanning multiple civilizations while the bloodstone took a splinter cell of one illegal cult

@derd.6413 said:

except the dragons took a coalition spanning multiple civilizations while the bloodstone took a splinter cell of one illegal cult

Doesn’t matter. Also, there are no other dragons other than the elder dragons.

Being able to have Aurene absorb the magic from the mists makes everything pointless as we could’ve had Vlast and Glint so the same.

Also, if those three can absorb magic, whether they’re spirits or just echoes of their former selves, what’s to assume that Zhaitan, Mordremoth, or Kralk can’t do the same from the Mists? Opening the door for entities in the Mists to have an impact on the living world is just going to cause issues. It’s already bad enough that POF pretty much opened up the path to freely enter the Mists (aside from WvW, fractals, etc from core).

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

ackchyually https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon

Being able to have Aurene absorb the magic from the mists makes everything pointless as we could’ve had Vlast and Glint so the same.

Also, if those three can absorb magic, whether they’re spirits or just echoes of their former selves, what’s to assume that Zhaitan, Mordremoth, or Kralk can’t do the same from the Mists? Opening the door for entities in the Mists to have an impact on the living world is just going to cause issues. It’s already bad enough that POF pretty much opened up the path to freely enter the Mists (aside from WvW, fractals, etc from core).

i was never in favor of that theory (all my posts are against OPs theory), why'd you bring it up

@derd.6413 said:

ackchyually

There is no indication that they exist nor that they have the ability to absorb magic on the same level an elder dragon would.

i was never in favor of that theory (all my posts are against OPs theory), why'd you bring it up

You stated that you posted that theory before. You then discounted the only other alternative as there’s no way to remove magic from the world.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

ackchyually

There is no indication that they existyeah sure all dragons are extinct with no chance of a survivor, very inconvenient.nor that they have the ability to absorb magic on the same level an elder dragon would.same goes for bloodstones

You stated that you posted that theory before. You then discounted the only other alternative as there’s no way to remove magic from the world.

no i never did (i never said who posted it in my first post, just that it's been posted before and i also argue against the theory), and just because you can't think of anything else doesn't mean there are no other options

@derd.6413 said:

ackchyually

There is no indication that they existyeah sure all dragons are extinct with no chance of a survivor, very inconvenient.

It would be inconvenient, indeed.

nor that they have the ability to absorb magic on the same level an elder dragon would.same goes for bloodstones

False. I suggest you read up on the lore. I’m also kind of surprised you’re even saying this considering you brought up LS3E1.

no i never did
(i never said who posted it in my first post, just that it's been posted before and i also argue against the theory), and just because you can't think of anything else doesn't mean there are no other options

Thank you for the clarification.

You cannot make magic not exist nor can it be allowed to be free in the world in large quantities. This leaves the only method being to store it. The only beings capable of this in lore would be the Elder Dragons, Glint and her offspring, and the Human Gods. Those are all a no-go as of the last episode.

The only objects in lore to have stored magic were the bloodstones. Either existing ones be used to store the magic, as it’s been shown that they can expand so long as they’re not damaged, or some other device is created to take its place.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Agreed, but I fear that with the current story we’re going to see some pretty glaring inconsistencies at some point revolving around all of this. They’ve kind of backed themselves into a corner but we’ll have to wait and see.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

ackchyually

There is no indication that they existyeah sure all dragons are extinct with no chance of a survivor, very inconvenient.

nor that they have the ability to absorb magic on the same level an elder dragon would.same goes for bloodstones

False. I suggest you read up on the lore. I’m also kind of surprised you’re even saying this considering you brought up LS3E1.

i did (read the wiki page) and nowhere does it state the exact capacity of the bloodstone compared to the dragons. the events with the human gods aren't a good indicator because we don't know how much was in the bloodstone and how much was still in the dragons (or in other places) furthermore i'm now more convinced that bloodstones are waaaaaaaaaaaay to fragile to be a permanent ED replacement

no i never did
(i never said who posted it in my first post, just that it's been posted before and i also argue against the theory), and just because you can't think of anything else doesn't mean there are no other options

You cannot make magic not exist nor can it be allowed to be free in the world in large quantities. This leaves the only method being to store it. The only beings capable of this in lore would be the Elder Dragons, Glint and her offspring, and the Human Gods. Those are all a no-go as of the last episode.

that we know of for certain, also glint (kinda) proves that at least some ED champions can store magic, and there are plenty of those around.

@derd.6413 said:

ackchyually

i did (read the wiki page) and nowhere does it state the exact capacity of the bloodstone compared to the dragons. the events with the human gods aren't a good indicator because we don't know how much was in the bloodstone and how much was still in the dragons (or in other places) furthermore i'm now more convinced that bloodstones are waaaaaaaaaaaay to fragile to be a permanent ED replacement

Read the journals from the raid and you’ll see that they can expand when they absorb magic.

Whatever you perceive to be fragile isn’t relevant. We did kill Zhaitan by AFK cannon fire.

no i never did

that we know of for certain, also glint (kinda) proves that at least some ED champions can store magic, and there are plenty of those around.

But do you really want to give those champions more power? I don’t see them suddenly on our side. But you’re right, Teq did absorb magic from Zhaitan and I think other minions took on similar abilities whether that be directly or through their respective Elder Dragon.

Archived