Greatsword and focus setup

Hi! I’m on my way to craft Ipos legendary focus and I have twilight. I want to use both on one character and create a interesting theme.So I’m here to get your opinion, pictures (art / fanart), backstory, idea, anything really on the matter. Im looking for something FUN and good. Not being the best of all time meta build. I alredy have a try-hard main character.

Logical choice would be reaper which i feel is pretty cool and strong?! Gameplay wise it feels a little slow but I like the visuals.

But the one that stuck out was a guardian. Corrupted by ipos, fashion wars as a dark themed DH using blue flame to conquer all.Theme could be awsome but I suck at DH. Is it worth the time investment?

Last class that I can think of is mesmer. I would have like to try power mirage (really love the idea of clone) but i was told that is not viable (i mainly run fractal)

Which one would be your choice? Why? Again, its all about - theme / visual / fun- directed question here.

Edit : just to be clear this post is just fun talk and discussion

@Tataienstein.7581 said:

@"derd.6413" said:necro is the obvious choiceWhy ? :D sell me necro!!! Do you love being death itself?

i'm not death, i'm an edgy boi.in all seriousness, if you want an edgy factor in your character, necro is the way to go. i mean one of their skills is basically them cutting themselves to get stronger.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blood_Is_Power

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"derd.6413" said:necro is the obvious choice

I guess you're thinking GS Reaper with axe/focus (Tormented Axe skin?) on the weapon swap? "Rise!" minion master?Those weapon yes! For build i don’t mind. I like the ice build. !For fractal whatever is meta

@phs.6089 said:focus never got fixed for necro, it's suppose to work but it doesn't.So fractals, gs, focus=DHhow to sell this to you, you might ask?you get a good reason to make Xiuquatl B)

Well idk if 2 skill could make a class not viable. Like i said i mentionned fractal but im mot stressing over it

@Tataienstein.7581 said:

@"derd.6413" said:necro is the obvious choice

I guess you're thinking GS Reaper with axe/focus (Tormented Axe skin?) on the weapon swap? "Rise!" minion master?Those weapon yes! For build i don’t mind. I like the ice build. !For fractal whatever is meta

@phs.6089 said:focus never got fixed for necro, it's suppose to work but it doesn't.So fractals, gs, focus=DHhow to sell this to you, you might ask?you get a good reason to make Xiuquatl B)

Well idk if 2 skill could make a class not viable. Like i said i mentionned fractal but im mot stressing over it

I didn't say it makes profession no viable. I said focus is trash on necro.While one of my fav classes to play on other game was mystic that had similar skill to bounce projectile on allys and enemies to heal and damage.Focus is complete garbage. Ever since, never got fixed or reworked.On the other hand if you just wanna make a 'display toon' its up to you.

To sell you DH mechanically . Great DPS class that uses both weapons and not at the same weapons set that their effect with collide with each other, it is not the most difficult thing to learn and has of the best damage burst and the best add cleave in game i think. Meaning that with one build you have a pretty good raid/fractal and open world character. Its an important QoL aspect imo.

As for theme...You can always use the fallen paladin archetype. You know...the Arthas kind of character. You can even make him a fallen paladin tormented by his sins trying to redeem himself if you want the good guy angle.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:necro is the obvious choiceWhy ? :D sell me necro!!! Do you love being death itself?

i'm not death, i'm an edgy boi.in all seriousness, if you want an edgy factor in your character, necro is the way to go. i mean one of their skills is basically them cutting themselves to get stronger.

And then there is this.

@Turin.6921 said:To sell you DH mechanically . Great DPS class that uses both weapons and not at the same weapons set that their effect with collide with each other, it is not the most difficult thing to learn and has of the best damage burst and the best add cleave in game i think. Meaning that with one build you have a pretty good raid/fractal and open world character. Its an important QoL aspect imo.

As for theme...You can always use the fallen paladin archetype. You know...the Arthas kind of character. You can even make him a fallen paladin tormented by his sins trying to redeem himself if you want the good guy angle.

@Turin.6921 said:To sell you DH mechanically . Great DPS class that uses both weapons and not at the same weapons set that their effect with collide with each other, it is not the most difficult thing to learn and has of the best damage burst and the best add cleave in game i think. Meaning that with one build you have a pretty good raid/fractal and open world character. Its an important QoL aspect imo.

As for theme...You can always use the fallen paladin archetype. You know...the Arthas kind of character. You can even make him a fallen paladin tormented by his sins trying to redeem himself if you want the good guy angle.Exactly what i had in mind. I kinda like this lookshttps://www.deviantart.com/sefokusu/art/Guardian-s-Tome-of-Wrath-GW2-by-Sefokusu-534363005

They both look super awsome! Necro have awsome looking sets too.I can’t wait for black angels wings to come back on store

Archived