Sooo, when are the removed animations (Female Human) coming back?

Are we talking about folks stretching as sexual? Wow. I just looked it up because I had no idea what folks were finding sexual. If folks find that sexual . . .geez. Don't bother leaving the house. Actually . . .even indoors, don't watch youtube, movies, news, social media, etc. You be in trouble.

funny thing is that you'll find much more nsfw stuff on the internets related to asuras and charr's than female humans, how do i know this? well you have to do your research, for science you know.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

gw2 is extremely safe compared to black desert online, tera online, lineage 2, and well most korean mmo's with boob physics and borderline nsfw skins/clothes/emotes, that's good? well yeah i think so but removing that idle female human animation coz it was "questionable"? dont be ridiculous Anet...

@"locoporesa.2864" said:funny thing is that you'll find much more nsfw stuff on the internets related to asuras and charr's than female humans, how do i know this? well you have to do your research, for science you know.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

gw2 is extremely safe compared to black desert online, tera online, lineage 2, and well most korean mmo's with boob physics and borderline nsfw skins/clothes/emotes, that's good? well yeah i think so but removing that idle female human animation coz it was "questionable"? dont be ridiculous Anet...

i would not mind more sexy .... one can dream i guess sometimes i wish the game would not be made by americans :( (americans are great but u know...)

I didn't like the animation. Come down to it, I don't like much of the human female design route at all. I just can't visualize the PC--military leader, dragon slayer, serious character beaten down by tragedy--having cute or posy "look at how good I look" teenage-girl idle animations. The female humans are just too cutesy/pretty/anime for the sort of character and aesthetic I prefer.A lot of people like the female humans, and that's fine. The cutesy anime female characters are popular. But there'd have to be a lot more change than just the removal of one cutesy idle animation for me to break down and play one. (Which is unlikely. Anet wants to go the cute anime route on female humans, thus I stick to charr and norn)

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:I didn't like the animation. Come down to it, I don't like much of the human female design route at all. I just can't visualize the PC--military leader, dragon slayer, serious character beaten down by tragedy--having cute or posy "look at how good I look" teenage-girl idle animations. The female humans are just too cutesy/pretty/anime for the sort of character and aesthetic I prefer.A lot of people like the female humans, and that's fine. The cutesy anime female characters are popular. But there'd have to be a lot more change than just the removal of one cutesy idle animation for me to break down and play one. (Which is unlikely. Anet wants to go the cute anime route on female humans, thus I stick to charr and norn)

Charr is my favorite race and Norn is the one I dislike the most (except my Male Norn Necromancer which looks awesome but don't see much use unfortunately), but obviously Female Human seems to be the model that they use the most to make new gemstore stuff which is weird because in terms of animations they are behind the other races with Female Norn.

I'd say that they should add new ones if they can't (or more likely don't want to) add these again.

Keep in mind, that the game is supposed to be appropriate for younger ages (13 I believe?) and that perhaps ANet chooses not to do certain things to keep from getting slapped with a Mature rating. I can't speak for other MMOs, and neither can ANet. They can only worry about their own game and if a Mature rating would somehow affect their bottom line (less players?), then they would probably make these decisions based on that.

@kharmin.7683 said:Keep in mind, that the game is supposed to be appropriate for younger ages (13 I believe?) and that perhaps ANet chooses not to do certain things to keep from getting slapped with a Mature rating. I can't speak for other MMOs, and neither can ANet. They can only worry about their own game and if a Mature rating would somehow affect their bottom line (less players?), then they would probably make these decisions based on that.

Kids these days at this age have already seen much worse, the only exceptions being in Eastern and Middle-Eastern countries.

@Amineo.8951 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Keep in mind, that the game is supposed to be appropriate for younger ages (13 I believe?) and that perhaps ANet chooses not to do certain things to keep from getting slapped with a Mature rating. I can't speak for other MMOs, and neither can ANet. They can only worry about their own game and if a Mature rating would somehow affect their bottom line (less players?), then they would probably make these decisions based on that.

Kids these days at this age have already seen much worse, the only exceptions being in Eastern and Middle-Eastern countries.

I agree, however the regulators may not and that's why I believe ANet wants to keep away from that Mature rating.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I agree, however the regulators may not and that's why I believe ANet wants to keep away from that Mature rating.

The rating is mostly irrelevant, it's mostly for marketing, and the rating was only important when physical sales mattered; as M rated games wouldn't be sold in some stores, and couldn't be sold to children. Even if rating mattered, "suggestive themes" is still a T rating (12 for pegi). It gets bumped up to M when there's actual sexual content. Tera for example got an M rating because there's statues of females where their top is fully exposed.

I wonder about that animation all the time and rather liked it. Strangely they never replace it with another, Maybe just as well as it would mostly be lame.

Although the loss of the animation goes with a theme. I have have been buying less and less of the outfits as they are moving to uni-sex or heavy cover.

@"Aryan Arlande.6184" said:It's good they're gone. They caused horrible cilippings with most shoulderpads, and they were still running in cinematics, sometimes very inappropiate

Because the new outfits and armor sets doesn't have any clipping with most hairstyles even in regular pose?

What about Sylvari Female being happy when she does the "happy idle", smiling and looking good in a desperate situation? Better remove it too!

Archived