The Warclaw is great, but it should not be immune to CC

Cronos.6532

I'm going to miss using Scorpion Wire to catch up to fleeing foes (that are out of combat) and other close-range scenarios where someone could mount up if out of combat. Sometimes it's fun to use pulls instead of personal movement, shadowstep, and teleport skills. Please make it so the Warclaw is affected by CC, or give them a small defiance bar that at least delays the effect of the CC by a few seconds.

Solution:Instead of giving Warclaw permanent CC immunity, ArenaNet could add a mount skill with a 30+ second recharge that would give the Warclaw stability / CC immunity for 5–10 seconds. This would keep it useful in initiating big zerg fights. This skill could be buffed further if people thing the mount dies far too easily, as the Warclaw does not have Bond of Life.

Let me know what you think.

Them finishing up downed players will be big is my best guess. You could use them in a push to dodge through heavy AoE, though you're at risk of getting dismounted and self stunned for a couple seconds, making it not as braindead. We'll see- Definitely liking it. That pull on gates is awful though. 1 Supply per attack and it only deals 2k damage with a long cast time/cd comparably. Normal attacking should be similar if not higher DPS for some classes like Warrior especially.

@Blocki.4931 said:Them finishing up downed players will be big is my best guess. You could use them in a push to dodge through heavy AoE, though you're at risk of getting dismounted and self stunned for a couple seconds, making it not as braindead. We'll see- Definitely liking it. That pull on gates is awful though. 1 Supply per attack and it only deals 2k damage with a long cast time/cd comparably. Normal attacking should be similar if not higher DPS for some classes like Warrior especially.

That and only 3 people can do it, so your looking at an extra 6k per pull with three people, which is fine I guess.

@Rockal.5468 said:Leap and 3 dodges are too broken, this things need definitely rework

Mount is useless in a zerg fight because it dies in like a couple of hits from a single player so it will never get near a zerg.I could see it slightly useful for roaming engagements for non-range players to gain 3 extra dodges to close in on the foe but the mount's movement speed is so slow it is also a slightly handicap in that regard.Also the player needs to dismount quickly upon using up the 3 mount dodges because the mount will die quickly after that and he will get stunned.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Rockal.5468 said:Leap and 3 dodges are too broken, this things need definitely rework

Mount is useless in a zerg fight because it dies in like a couple of hits from a single player so it will never get near a zerg.I could see it slightly useful for roaming engagements for non-range players to gain 3 extra dodges to close in on the foe but the mount's movement speed is so slow it is also a slightly handicap in that regard.Also the player needs to dismount quickly upon using up the 3 mount dodges because the mount will die quickly after that and he will get stunned.

Hoping that leap will be dope enough to bypass objectives' walls/gates.

D:

It need's to be CC'able. The only thing that makes people popping their glider and flying away in anyway fun is being able to shoot or pull them out of the sky. I'm not terribly happy about them being stealthable either. Hello SMC stealth fountain. Can't wait to get hit by 30 stealthed mount #1's.

@Celsith.2753 said:It need's to be CC'able. The only thing that makes people popping their glider and flying away in anyway fun is being able to shoot or pull them out of the sky. I'm not terribly happy about them being stealthable either. Hello SMC stealth fountain. Can't wait to get hit by 30 stealthed mount #1's.

TBH it is going to hurt much less getting bombed from stealth fountain by 30 mounts VS 30 spamming Scourges and Heralds.If our Zerg got caught out by a stealth fountain bomb then I would very much prefer the enemy was dumb enough to engage us with mounts.

The Warclaw needs a breakbar that when broken dismounts a player.150 strength would be a good strength so that you are not getting 1 head shot or 1 mantra of distraction dismounted. Ranger's PBS or a better cc would still allow a 1 shot dismount.

The 3 free dodges at the start of every fight is a little obnoxious for sure.

absolutely - it should be against cc imun! to stop someone with only one skill without him being able to defend himself is awful! Now you can dodge damage and escape or dismount and go into battle.

gankers - please understand, you are the crab of a WvW! This out of the blue game-robbing and awesome annoying behaviour what you do - only disturbs, it harasses, it upsets people - it has 0 game value!

do you want 1v1 - go to the pvp where your opponent plays a build designed for this and you are equal!

This is also my biggest hope that this crap will finally stop because of the mount.

IMO the kd from when the mount die should be unbreakable in WvW, this way it would have some risk. If the player jump on his mount to run and the mount dies, they get kd in the same place for 3 seconds without a way to break out of it.Mounts have like a really low hp and defense, so it is very easy to kill it.

@Silver.2076 said:absolutely - it should be against cc imun! to stop someone with only one skill without him being able to defend himself is awful! Now you can dodge damage and escape or dismount and go into battle.

gankers - please understand, you are the crab of a WvW! This out of the blue game-robbing and awesome annoying behaviour what you do - only disturbs, it harasses, it upsets people - it has 0 game value!

do you want 1v1 - go to the pvp where your opponent plays a build designed for this and you are equal!

This is also my biggest hope that this kitten will finally stop because of the mount.

If anything, I'll do it more because I'm pretty sure mounted players that are unaware of my presence will end up being easier targets. That, and traps will be hilarious. If you want to fight fairly at all times, might I suggest going to PvP.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Silver.2076 said:absolutely - it should be against cc imun! to stop someone with only one skill without him being able to defend himself is awful! Now you can dodge damage and escape or dismount and go into battle.

This is also my biggest hope that this kitten will finally stop because of the mount.

If anything, I'll do it more because I'm pretty sure mounted players that are unaware of my presence will end up being easier targets. That, and traps will be hilarious. If you want to fight fairly at all times, might I suggest going to PvP.

People that constantly complain about roaming are not interested in PvP. They'd flood the PvP section with threads every time they get +1ed on a node or something. It bothers them to be confronted with their skill. If you find someone off position you can immediately tell if he's decent. There are skilled zerg players that can deal with pressure pretty good or you just wont find them off posi at all.

So my Zerg of 50 will just have a group of warclaws to stomp downs on the small group we thrash. This is better than no down state week!

Blobbing will be so fun as our blob of 100 that bandwagoned every 8 weeks to fight 25 guys who have nothing at the end of the day. Their skill and coordination will be pointless against our braindead blob as our dinosaurs are immune to cc! How wonderful! Greatest wvw gift ever!

@Kolisch.4691 said:So my Zerg of 50 will just have a group of warclaws to stomp downs on the small group we thrash. This is better than no down state week!

Blobbing will be so fun as our blob of 100 that bandwagoned every 8 weeks to fight 25 guys who have nothing at the end of the day. Their skill and coordination will be pointless against our braindead blob as our dinosaurs are immune to cc! How wonderful! Greatest wvw gift ever!

Uh, it's a cat

Archived