Graphical Mods - Is It Still Ok?

Recently I've been looking at graphical mods, shader enhancements, and possibly even texture packs for Guild Wars 2, and so far I've only tried the one that uses GW2Hook, Reshade. It was a tad complex, but it was a fun experience.

That said, I was hesitant to mess with my game client at all, as I'm to understand that things like this are considered a "grey area". All I really wanted was to try to replicate the style of shading as seen in the PvP lobby. I don't want to get my account axed, I just want to play around with the visuals. I don't dare approach world bosses or enter WvW with these things active.

So, has Aenet changed their policy on things like this? Or is it no longer a good idea?

I've had the same shader thingy, Reshade, installed for years now. It's been in there so long I can't even remember how to uninstall it. It makes the game very purty though, far moreso than the client just running the game natively, and I've yet to be banned for it so I am not really in a rush to get rid of it.

It's probably a grey area, but I just can't see Anet handing out bans because you used something like Reshade to improve the lighting a bit.

Archived