Help Arenanet Pick a Project

Adry.7512

I think it would be a mistake for ANet to worry about any of those things for the next 6 months.

At some point, sure, ANet is likely to have to diversify and work on something besides GW2. When they do, I hope they won't worry about what the forum or reddit community votes in a poll, and will instead follow their instincts and market research data. Their track record is pretty good; the community's is not.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think it would be a mistake for ANet to worry about any of those things for the next 6 months.

At some point, sure, ANet is likely to have to diversify and work on something besides GW2. When they do, I hope they won't worry about what the forum or reddit community votes in a poll, and will instead follow their instincts and market research data. Their track record is pretty good; the community's is not.

Basically they have only two games, the second being a sequel to the first. No company needs ideas from a forums post for a new game, but Is it a bad idea to put one out there? Not necessarily.

@Adry.7512 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think it would be a mistake for ANet to worry about any of those things for the next 6 months.

Basically they have only two games, the second being a sequel to the first. No company needs ideas from a forums post for a new game, but Is it a bad idea to put one out there? Not necessarily.

It's a tactical mistake to worry about it today when the company has its hands full just dealing with the aftermath of a massive budget cut (at least 30%, perhaps more), the loss of around a third their staff, and a loss of face with its own community.

It's also not helpful to try to run ideas through a poll, without there being anything remotely concrete.

Instead, if you are dead set that somehow ANet needs to be made aware of ideas, as if none of general concepts above have ever occurred to them, then pick the one you like and try to flesh out what you'd like to see.

In your case, start a thread that expands on the idea of a story-based, non-PvP game. Is it in Tyria? Or some other universe? Is it fantasy? Is it an MMO or strictly co-op? First person? or 3rd person perspective?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

It's a tactical mistake to worry about it today when the company has its hands full just dealing with the aftermath of a massive budget cut (at least 30%, perhaps more), the loss of around a third their staff, and a loss of face with its own community.

It's also not helpful to try to run ideas through a poll, without there being anything remotely concrete.

Instead, if you are dead set that somehow ANet needs to be made aware of ideas, as if none of general concepts above have ever occurred to them, then pick the one you like and try to flesh out what you'd like to see.

In your case, start a thread that expands on the idea of a story-based, non-PvP game. Is it in Tyria? Or some other universe? Is it fantasy? Is it an MMO or strictly co-op? First person? or 3rd person perspective?

Good idea

Archived