Newly max leveled engineer looking for though on build and any tips

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I have just got a max level with my engineer and I would like to hear some tips on how to play as one. Here my build I have come up with. I'm playing as a power/cond kit engineer for most of PvE stuff (Might give WvW a try) so I have two pistols and skill of kits. I keep the bomb and grenade kit but I switch around two more kits. I use the Flamethrower and Supply crate one for soloing and the Elixir Gun and Mortar kit when I'm in a dungeon or a big event. I'm still wondering if I should switch them around, using the elixir a for soloing since it has healing abilities and the flamethrower for groups. For Spec I went with explosives and firearms. I change two traits depend on what I use. When I have my flamethrower I use Thermal Vision and Incendiary Power (Or should I use Juggernaut for it). WHne I a big grope I use Pinpoint Distribution and Modified Ammunition since the more people there is more condition there are on an enemy and less press for me to put them all on it and keeping them. As you can see I have a bit of trouble deciding when to use the flamethrower and elixir gun for. The Elixir Gun give me an extra heling to myself but then I don't get must use form the TV and IP traits. Using the flamethrower in a grope, however, means that I would also mean can't use PD and MA without sacrificing power to my burning power that it has. For my third trait, I right now thinking of using the Alchemy for self-healing but I'm open to hearing what you guys think I should use. For gear, I would like to thank HnRkLnXqZ.1870 for the suggestion to use either Grieving or Viper. I decided to use a mix of both of them. For runs, I'm also flexible with them but right now I diced to put on Baelfire for armor and the Agony and Corruption sigil for my weapons. But I like I siad I opened to hear anyone suggestions for what I should be looking for. So please tell me on what you think of it and any suggestions to it and any other tips you will give to a newbie engineer.

Your build isn't actually far from what used to be meta for condi engineers. I took your build and modified it to reflect the old condi engineer meta:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLsF1YOOGfB4HuBBw3LkhHAA-jxhAQBAUPwX2fAiq/whTAAIV+ZTlgA4BAAA-e

Viper/Sinister is the right stat set for you, and don't forget on-swap sigils, which proc when you open up or drop a kit.

Streamlined kits + Mortar kit drops gunk, which does a bunch of conditions plus lots of damage. Supply crate is simply too weak by itself to be worth bothering with. If you're having trouble surviving, remember that you can kite and AoE blind with both bomb kit and mortar kit, plus your flamethrower 3 and Big ol' bomb give you good CC.

Archived