Cant purchase expansions

I have 2 friend that I got into guild wars. Both started with the free version and decided that, after a few days of playing, they wanted to purchase the expansions. They were both using the same card. One was able to get the expansion on the first try ingame. The other has tried multiple times both ingame and on the shop website. She keeps getting a "payment failed to authorize" or "unexpected error occurred" message. She even tried another card and another computer.She hasn't submitted a ticket to support yet, but I was curious if anyone else had ideas?

@"BaiRenYi.6043" said:I have 2 friend that I got into guild wars. Both started with the free version and decided that, after a few days of playing, they wanted to purchase the expansions. They were both using the same card. One was able to get the expansion on the first try ingame. The other has tried multiple times both ingame and on the shop website. She keeps getting a "payment failed to authorize" or "unexpected error occurred" message. She even tried another card and another computer.She hasn't submitted a ticket to support yet, but I was curious if anyone else had ideas?

Purchasing the expansion in-game is not advised. Many players had issues with in-game purchase, that's a known issue to Anet.

Purchasing it on the website would be your way to go. If you're however running into difficulties with that you could try payments via PayPal, sometimes it does fix the option. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid contacting GW2 support is your only way to go. Unless you want to purchase it on a third party website.

Archived