So I just want to check...

Kuulpb.5412

@Emissary Vex.5690: You would quickly learn that the History of Tyria is full of unreliable narration. Very little of that document which talks about before the Exodus is true. Even during Prophecies, we pretty much knew that humans were non-native to the world.

@Kuulpb.5412 Eh, there is kind of a point of that in the lore but it's not really what the "story of Guild Wars 1 & 2" is about in the least.

Weren't the forgotten on tyria before the gods brought humans?

I mean it's not impossible that the gods brought the forgotten here before they brought humans, but it seems veeerrrryyyyyy unlikely considering the over 9k years gap between when the forgotten fought against the last dragon rise and humans first coming to tyria.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Weren't the forgotten on tyria before the gods brought humans?

I mean it's not impossible that the gods brought the forgotten here before they brought humans, but it seems veeerrrryyyyyy unlikely considering the over 9k years gap between when the forgotten fought against the last dragon rise and humans first coming to tyria.

Considering they fought Elder Dragons during their last rise, yes.

We don't know when the Six Gods arrived on Tyria nor when they brought humanity. Nor when the Forgotten arrived from the Mists - we know they came from the Mists, per this re-affirming gw1 lore. Because we know that much is right from gw1 lore, it's not unlikely for the Forgotten to have been brought by (or arrived on the orders of) the Six Gods.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:We don't know when the Six Gods arrived on Tyria nor when they brought humanity. Nor when the Forgotten arrived from the Mists - we know they came from the Mists, per this re-affirming gw1 lore. Because we know that much is right from gw1 lore, it's not unlikely for the Forgotten to have been brought by (or arrived on the orders of) the Six Gods.

Thanks for that info. Forgotten, while extremely interesting, have confusing lore aspects at times. I hope some of that is cleared up at some point in time, as well as having some sort of clarity on the relationship between the forgotten and the human gods.

Archived