future expsnsions

Granrey.8920

the population I think is low to be creating new maps that reduce density.

IMO ANET should improve current maps in future expansions by adding "floating" maps above current maps. very similar like in HOT when we took the helicopers to go above.

If you want to participate in below maps events you can or in above maps and moving from one to another should be easy. of course, floating maps should be for players with expansion only.

@Granrey.8920 said:the population I think is low to be creating new maps that reduce density.

IMO ANET should improve current maps in future expansions by adding "floating" maps above current maps. very similar like in HOT when we took the helicopers to go above.

If you want to participate in below maps events you can or in above maps and moving from one to another should be easy. of course, floating maps should be for players with expansion only.

I can't help feel that this would just be a bad idea; perhaps they should increase the player limit on each PoF map to increase population?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If these 'floating maps' were for expansion-purchasers only, they would be separate maps. If they are separate maps, it would do nothing to consolidate the population.

it's not the same as you will see events above and below and join which ever you want.

for instance, if you are in the floating map. you can see notifications for events going on the ground and join if you choose to. very similar to HOT. that way every body is on the same map.

Many of those launch pads that have been laid out through the core game are gliding mastery exclusive. Told a friend to hop on one and he couldn't follow because it told him he needed the gliding mastery to use it.

If something similar were added for PoF mounts ("this teleporter only works with raptors"), it could work.

It is, however, a terrible idea to separate already barren maps by who has what expansion, and I think that it adds little value for tons of work and would actually reduce populations on the maps below them, making the situation worse.

Archived