OMG... the SUPER LAG Killing my Gameplay

Vieux P.1238

ALL THE REason to Rage..what is wrong with PVP lately?I'm running mega Rig on high speedThere's LAG all over the place .Keyboard lag, graphic lag,CURSOR LAG...LAG LAG LAG!!!!Makes you Rage quit in the middle of a match!!!It's so BAD I'm about to uninstall!FIX THIS!!!

You need first to eliminate the possibility that the lag is between your rig and ANet's servers. There is a lot of internet there and the infrastructure is not keeping pace with our increased appetite for more bandwidth.

Use an app such as PingPlotter to track where you are losing packets, send your data to ANet via a support ticket. If it's on their end, they'll be able to use the information to negotiate with their ISP and Amazon. If it's not, they can help you do something similar with your ISP. The more likely situation is that it's somewhere in the middle, in which case, ... there's not much that either side can do, mostly because you and ANet lack leverage.

You can fake out the ISPs by using a proxy connection. It will increase the total distance your signal travels, but it might route it through less laggy backbone, resulting in less latency.

tl;dr it's not necessarily ANet

If it was my Rig or anything else wouldn't be posting. Other threads has been posted on this issue.& one of them has been actually answered.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We made some changes recently to try to address some of the fps issues. Not sure if they've made it live yet. But as Sind mentioned, depending on your computer, you may need to lower some settings.

Not to say that all of the issues are resolved, but it should help some.

So plz tone down the snarky remarks & attacks. It's not on my end. thq

At least the game lets you play instead of rando black screen crashes that end up not loading from character select on first relog, so I have to kill client again and then it'll let me log in... Maybe.

That said... Even with lag your cursor shouldn't lag.

@Vieux P.1238 said:If it was my Rig or anything else wouldn't be posting. Other threads has been posted on this issue.& one of them has been actually answered.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We made some changes recently to try to address some of the fps issues. Not sure if they've made it live yet. But as Sind mentioned, depending on your computer, you may need to lower some settings.

Keyboard lag, server lag, ect, don't have much to do with FPS. Nobody's being attack-ey here, but you.

Check into your computer, its driver and stuff. If I were you, I'd do a fresh windows install, get rid of bloat and test on three different games. Start trying to ID the problem rather than complaining on the PvP forum.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:If it was my Rig or anything else wouldn't be posting. Other threads has been posted on this issue.& one of them has been actually answered.

Keyboard lag, server lag, ect, don't have much to do with FPS. Nobody's being attack-ey here, but you.

Check into your computer, its driver and stuff. If I were you, I'd do a fresh windows install, get rid of bloat and test on three different games. Start trying to ID the problem rather than complaining on the PvP forum.

I don't know how dated is your computer but mine is up to date. & i can tell you, i have optimal benchmark on my pc. I don't have TO reinstall windows 10 to make it work. FYI: We not working with windows 98 anymore where you have to start over every time you get a virus or something. But my biggest point is WHY is all my other games are fine while Gw2 seem to bleed memory have FPS & lag issues? I tell you why! Cuz it's bugged. , It got server & code problems and more. It had it from the start & still continues. So plz stop making it as if it the players computer at fault. & point the real facts that this game needs fixes since for ever.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

I don't know how dated is your computer but mine is up to date. & i can tell you, i have optimal benchmark on my pc. I don't have TO reinstall windows 10 to make it work. FYI: We not working with windows 98 anymore where you have to start over every time you get a virus or something. But my biggest point is WHY is all my other games are fine while Gw2 seem to bleed memory have FPS & lag issues? I tell you why! Cuz it's bugged. , It got server & code problems and more. It had it from the start & still continues. So plz stop making it as if it the players computer at fault. & point the real facts that this game needs fixes since for ever.

Plz stop with b4dly form4t3d RePliES on For0m. M4k3s iT H4rD to R33D & uNd3RSt4nD.

Dude. I have a nice computer that I built. I've never had any issues in four different cities with playing Guild Wars 2, and I've taken apart my computer twice to optimize it with age.

Your experience may vary.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Plz stop with b4dly form4t3d RePliES on For0m. M4k3s iT H4rD to R33D & uNd3RSt4nD.

Dude. I have a nice computer that I built. I've never had any issues in four different cities with playing Guild Wars 2, and I've taken apart my computer twice to optimize it with age.

Then if you have nothing to complain about, you should not be on this thread. & let the ones that have problem's state whats going on so that the Devs can look into it & put some fixes.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We made some changes recently to try to address some of the fps issues. Not sure if they've made it live yet. But as Sind mentioned, depending on your computer, you may need to lower some settings.

Then if you have nothing to complain about, you should not be on this thread. & let the ones that have problem's state whats going on so that the Devs can look into it & put some fixes.

Sometimes people need more than to be led to the watering hole. We've all been telling you that you're barking up the wrong tree. This is where your thread should be: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/bugs%3A-game-forum-website

Archived