Mesmers Having More Than 3 Clones

Bort.8647

Its ridiculous how many clones mesmers can have out at a time. Ive seen over 8 clones and phantasms out at a given time. I thought any new clones past 3 should be destroyed (even those that are about to shatter). Its pretty misleading showing 3 is the maximum number in the UI, when its clearly not. I dont know if this is a bug or just poor coding restrictions on the clone mechanic.

Back then phantasms used to count towards the 3 clone limit/shatter fodder. The change in February last year made them so they don't count towards it, and expire after they use their attack or get interrupted, replacing them with clones after. It was a great change for the PVE side of things but for PvP/Small Scope WvW it added way too much additional screen clutter. So to answer our question, it is not a bug or poor coding, its what they intended with that rework.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Op is complaining about stupid amount of clones + phantasms, Mesmer can have, and I agree it stupid. But it's not gonna change so w/e

Op is complaining about things that were changed over a year ago. OP is out of date. OP is wrong and misguided.

Op also doesn't know the difference between a phantasm and a clone. . .

@Solori.6025 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Op is complaining about stupid amount of clones + phantasms, Mesmer can have, and I agree it stupid. But it's not gonna change so w/e

Op is complaining about things that were changed over a year ago. OP is out of date. OP is wrong and misguided.

Op also doesn't know the difference between a phantasm and a clone. . .

Yep he doesn't, bus as @Quadox.7834 mentioned, while dueling Mesmer u have get thru way to many targets. But that's just something that wont disappear so we have to adapt.Mesmers are very newbie unfriendly

Just because someone is new to the experience, does not mean their complaint is invalid. Maybe it's just "old news, nothing new to say here"for most forum veterans, though.

I was thinking of how to limit illusion visual spam, and well, all I can think of is using a queue. That way only one phantasm is out at any given time, and all others called will show up when it's their turn.

It's either that, or destroying old phantasms when new ones are created, which would probably not go well with players.

Or leave it as it is, which will lead to visual clutter issues and threads like these showing up every one and then.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:Just because someone is new to the experience, does not mean their complaint is invalid. Maybe it's just "old news, nothing new to say here"for most forum veterans, though.

I was thinking of how to limit illusion visual spam, and well, all I can think of is using a queue. That way only one phantasm is out at any given time, and all others called will show up when it's their turn.

It's either that, or destroying old phantasms when new ones are created, which would probably not go well with players.

Or leave it as it is, which will lead to visual clutter issues and threads like these showing up every one and then.

• Remove/rework Chronophantasma
  • Increase movement speed for phantasms and clones (like with Warden)
  • Make phantasm attacks quicker (Staff Warlock, Focus Warden, Sword Swordsman)

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Back then phantasms used to count towards the 3 clone limit/shatter fodder. The change in February last year made them so they don't count towards it, and expire after they use their attack or get interrupted, replacing them with clones after. It was a great change for the PVE side of things but for PvP/Small Scope WvW it added way too much additional screen clutter. So to answer our question, it is not a bug or poor coding, its what they intended with that rework.

This answers my question. I havent really played mesmer since the update and thought i remembered clones and phantasms behaving differently.

Archived