Third Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Third Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept

Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2020 in Mesmer

Hey fellow Mesmers!

I heard a few people talk about a music themed Mesmer elite specialization and I would absolutely love to see that! So I came up with a rough concept for the Minstrel (Bard or Siren would also be fitting names):

This elite specialization focuses on using music as their weapon in battles. While the Chronomancer is all about bending time and space and Mirage focusing on deception, the Minstrel is a specialist in controlling the battlefield and manipulating foes while also supporting their allies. From devastating sound waves and dissonances that hurt enemies and make them go crazy, to soothing lullabies which make your foes weak, slow and potentially let them fall asleep (new status effect). This new Mesmer elite specialization also shines when it comes to supporting their allies: With melodies and battle shouts they can buff and heal their teammates.

The role and theme of the Minstrel, as I'm gonna call it now, would be a Dps/Support elite specialization, similar to Firebrand and Scourge. So you can either decide to use a dedicated DPS build or go full support or even a hybrid of both! This elite specialization also has access to a few AoE-field based skills which the Mesmer currently lacks compared to other classes.

The Minstrel would use a shortbow as their weapon of choice. The elite socialization's weapon skin could look like a harp which would fit the spec well. Here are some pictures of "harp looking bows" I put together to give you an idea: https://imgur.com/a/hOajsro (And I finally want to use The Dreamer on my mesmer :tongue: ). The shortbow would have skills that are aoe focused.
A two handed weapon would be a good addition for the mesmer because we already have access to an offhand weapon on the Chronomancer (shield) and a mainhand weapon on Mirage (axe). Thus, getting a warhorn for the minstrel would be kinda boring in my opinion and too generic.

The core mechanic change would turn f1-f4 shatters into summoning instruments, with 5 new weapon skills each kinda similar to firebrand's tomes. You would have access to 4 instruments:

  • F1 - Guitar (Power DPS focus)
  • F2 - Flute (Condition focused)
  • F3 - Tamburin (CC focused)
  • F4 - Violin (Heal and survivability focus)

In contrast to Firebrand's tome pages you don't have a specific amount of skills you can use in each tome/instrument. Instead you have a base duration of like 5 seconds to keep an instrument and use its skills after summoning it. When the time runs out out you return to your normal weapon skills. But clones won't become useless with this elite specialization either! Each clone you have summoned when you press f1-f4 would add 2 seconds to the instrument's duration which also destroys the clones. Already existing Mesmer traits that affect shatters would still apply their effects when channeling instruments.

The utility skills of the Minstrel could be called shouts or melodies. Some of them would apply unique status effects to your allies for a short duration (toughness boost, increase received healing, etc), give them boons and heal them. Enemies affected by your shouts would be weakened and hurt of course.

It would also be great opportunity to get new debuffs and status effects like sleep which could stun enemies for a certain amount of time (5 seconds) but they are invulnerable during that time. So you basically "take out" an enemy for a few seconds during a fight which would especially be interesting for PvP and it would also apply break bar damage in PvE. Another option would be to make enemies dance against their will instead of making them fall asleep. Would be even more fun!

Possible Minstrel traits could make clones explode and leaving behind poison fields when you channel your instruments, increase the duration of instruments and increase the potency of your shouts.

So what do you think about a Minstrel Mesmer and my rough concept?
Remember, it's just a concept but I had fun coming up with the ideas anyway. :)

Personally, I would be super excited to see a music themed elite specialization for the Mesmer in general!

<1

Comments

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

    Thanks! What was your concept of a Bard? I would really like to know! :)

  • trev.1045trev.1045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2019

    I played a minstrel on LOTRO and it was a lot of fun. I imagine a monstral as a buffing profession?

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

    Thanks! What was your concept of a Bard? I would really like to know! :)

    In all honesty I can't remember XD

    I just remember thinking about Bard as an elite spec.. back then I was playing a lot of Baldurs Gate as well so I think I took a lot of influence from that.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @trev.1045 said:
    I played a minstrel on LOTRO and it was a lot of fun. I imagine a monstral as a buffing profession?

    Yeah I love Bards and music themed classes in every mmo. GW2 really needs one as well. All we have is "Siren's Song", Mesmer's underwater auto attack on the trident yet.

  • Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭

    Hi, mechanically I would probably like your concept BUT:
    I would honestly dislike an instrument wielding bard character as that was never a thing in the guild wars franchise. The closest thing to a bard would have been the Paragon from Guild Wars Nightfall and I always liked that style over the commonly known "combat bard".
    However, I like the Idea of mesmers messing with sound but a Bard/Music style character never really appealed to me. I would like to see a banshee like character that utilizes "cries" (aka. shouts with cool mechanics ;) ). The reason why I would like to see a "cry"-Mesmer over a music-Mesmer is probably that I loved to play a teamcomp in GW1 that was called "Cryway" using Cry of Pain.
    The way I would like this to work in GW2 is that you use your shouts and every clone will echo the effect in a smaller scale.

    E.g. "Generic Damage Cry" - Damage foes around you. Active clones will damage foes around them. (Radius 600) (Clone Radius 240) Clone damage is ~20% of yours.

    While I dislike the use of instruments I do NOT dislike the use of the voice / the character's magic to create sound that alters reality. The idea of a Siren is also a great concept as it would dive deeper into the Siren's Landing lore but iirc the Sirens there were singing blessed songs of the Human gods which would feel very weird as a charr or Asura.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Me Games Ma.8426 said:
    Hi, mechanically I would probably like your concept BUT:
    I would honestly dislike an instrument wielding bard character as that was never a thing in the guild wars franchise. The closest thing to a bard would have been the Paragon from Guild Wars Nightfall and I always liked that style over the commonly known "combat bard".
    However, I like the Idea of mesmers messing with sound but a Bard/Music style character never really appealed to me. I would like to see a banshee like character that utilizes "cries" (aka. shouts with cool mechanics ;) ). The reason why I would like to see a "cry"-Mesmer over a music-Mesmer is probably that I loved to play a teamcomp in GW1 that was called "Cryway" using Cry of Pain.
    The way I would like this to work in GW2 is that you use your shouts and every clone will echo the effect in a smaller scale.

    E.g. "Generic Damage Cry" - Damage foes around you. Active clones will damage foes around them. (Radius 600) (Clone Radius 240) Clone damage is ~20% of yours.

    While I dislike the use of instruments I do NOT dislike the use of the voice / the character's magic to create sound that alters reality. The idea of a Siren is also a great concept as it would dive deeper into the Siren's Landing lore but iirc the Sirens there were singing blessed songs of the Human gods which would feel very weird as a charr or Asura.

    Thank you for your feedback! A "cry" mesmer would also be cool in my opinion! I based my concept around the already existing minstrels in GW2 so I thought it would fit the game :D

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2019

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

    I think it would be interesting to see 'bard' classes introduced to the game. To further support the support classes, and to finally see some changes to druid. they could provide healing + quickness. That would actually be really cool.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @tim.4596 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

    I think it would be interesting to see 'bard' classes introduced to the game. To further support the support classes, and to finally see some changes to druid. they could provide healing + quickness. That would actually be really cool.

    Isn't a bard and a minstrel basically the same?

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Me Games Ma.8426 said:
    Hi, mechanically I would probably like your concept BUT:
    I would honestly dislike an instrument wielding bard character as that was never a thing in the guild wars franchise. The closest thing to a bard would have been the Paragon from Guild Wars Nightfall and I always liked that style over the commonly known "combat bard".
    However, I like the Idea of mesmers messing with sound but a Bard/Music style character never really appealed to me. I would like to see a banshee like character that utilizes "cries" (aka. shouts with cool mechanics ;) ). The reason why I would like to see a "cry"-Mesmer over a music-Mesmer is probably that I loved to play a teamcomp in GW1 that was called "Cryway" using Cry of Pain.
    The way I would like this to work in GW2 is that you use your shouts and every clone will echo the effect in a smaller scale.

    E.g. "Generic Damage Cry" - Damage foes around you. Active clones will damage foes around them. (Radius 600) (Clone Radius 240) Clone damage is ~20% of yours.

    While I dislike the use of instruments I do NOT dislike the use of the voice / the character's magic to create sound that alters reality. The idea of a Siren is also a great concept as it would dive deeper into the Siren's Landing lore but iirc the Sirens there were singing blessed songs of the Human gods which would feel very weird as a charr or Asura.

    wouldn't banshee be more of a necro thing?

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @tim.4596 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I've toyed with this idea myself although mine was based on a Bard not a Minstrel.

    Suffice to say I like the concept but I dunno how it would work in Gw2.

    I think it would be interesting to see 'bard' classes introduced to the game. To further support the support classes, and to finally see some changes to druid. they could provide healing + quickness. That would actually be really cool.

    Isn't a bard and a minstrel basically the same?

    They share many similarities but have slight differences.
    A Bard is typically a poet who composes and sings in honor of great deeds acomplished by heroes, warriors and kings etc.
    A Minstral is a traveling performer and entertainer who would sing songs, poetry and also dance and perform in troupes.. they would stage shows and plays often with music and costumes and act out a story.
    There's also Troubadours as well who were again very similar but more focused around singing about chivalry and love.

    They are pretty similar professions though that is true.

  • I would love a banshee for the necro. But it's a hard 'no' from me on a minstrel for the Mesmer. I feel like that removes us too far from the 'chaos' magic base, and makes us a little more frou-frou than I would like to play. Plus, I don't think my sylvari could really carry a tune.

  • Xaylin.1860Xaylin.1860 Member ✭✭✭

    As others mentioned, a Bard or Minstrel spec has been suggested before. I personally would like it.

    Food for thought regarding your suggestion:

    • 'Tomes' won't blend well with existing shatter traits. Virtues with pbAoE actives might work better.
    • Shouts would have to be significantly different than Mantras (Wells basically killed Glamours)
    • You could introduce Instruments through Utilities (Spirit Weapons or Spirits or Conjures)

    Personal preference:

    • Longbow over Shortbow anytime skin-wise
    • DPS and area control with some offensive support over a singing healbot
  • Minstrel mesmer with shouts is my second preference after a Trickster elite spec that focuses on "stealing" opponent's spells through interrupts--sort of a more controlling, domination focused spec in a nod to the GW1 mesmer. I envision it as using a dagger mainhand and replacing clones with "stolen magic" pips that they expend for new F# abilities and gain thru interrupting abilities or using skills that currently produce clones.

    As far as the minstrel goes, I would prefer the F# skills to be songs rather than instruments as you suggest. Also, I think the foundations for a "minstrel mesmer" have already been briefly touched on with the trident moveset, which is pretty cool thematically.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lanyx.9064 said:
    Minstrel mesmer with shouts is my second preference after a Trickster elite spec that focuses on "stealing" opponent's spells through interrupts--sort of a more controlling, domination focused spec in a nod to the GW1 mesmer. I envision it as using a dagger mainhand and replacing clones with "stolen magic" pips that they expend for new F# abilities and gain thru interrupting abilities or using skills that currently produce clones.

    As far as the minstrel goes, I would prefer the F# skills to be songs rather than instruments as you suggest. Also, I think the foundations for a "minstrel mesmer" have already been briefly touched on with the trident moveset, which is pretty cool thematically.

    Your idea also sounds great! Songs would also work as f-abilities but personally I'd like to see instruments implemented as a sort of "kits" for the mesmer. They would be more versatile than songs I think.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2019

    This is how a shortbow minstrel mesmer could look like (although the bow in the pic seems to be a longbow): https://imgur.com/a/TH39c5j

  • Dragoth.7153Dragoth.7153 Member ✭✭✭

    Since we already have support spec my long forgotten idea of musical themed mes was Skald. Coming from Norns, skalds could be more offensive, focused on power melee/mid range with hammer and some kind of shouts. Their clones would become immobile a and shatter skills becomes AoE, shattering only those clones hit by them. Additionally, hammer could also contain one skill with extra shatter.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dragoth.7153 said:
    Since we already have support spec my long forgotten idea of musical themed mes was Skald. Coming from Norns, skalds could be more offensive, focused on power melee/mid range with hammer and some kind of shouts. Their clones would become immobile a and shatter skills becomes AoE, shattering only those clones hit by them. Additionally, hammer could also contain one skill with extra shatter.

    Chrono just gives out Alacrity and Quickness. The minstrel could focus on healing or other boons and power DPS.

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

    I think a music-themed spec would be cool, so long as it was done well and aesthetically pleasing, whatever buffs/boons/heals/auras/effects, if it’s fun to play, I would convert my chrono instantly! =)

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2019

    Mesmer's trident autoattack is already music based, so why not? I'd really love to play a bard mesmer.
    Will I be able to roll to seduce dragons though?

  • KiroIB.4508KiroIB.4508 Member ✭✭

    I healer song themed specs is everithing i want for my mesmer, SO YES PLEASE

  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

    My first thought was Ultima Online. The bard could provoke critters on each other, could peace critters, lots of fun stuff with his music. It could easily be a whole new class.

  • I don't get the point of these threads. Anybody care to explain? Do you really expect your concepts to be taken seriously or do you think you will influence the development of an expansion that isn't planned?

  • aetemes.2603aetemes.2603 Member ✭✭

    I want a bow mesmered starcaller themed...I dunno what that means.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    OMG they confirmed that there is a third expansion coming!! This could actually mean that we are very likely to get a new elite specializations for the mesmer! Maybe even a music themed minstrel? :D Would really enjoy that!! Hype <3

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If it's really a cantha expansion, I would like to see a traditional music (wind instruments) themed mesmer with hand fan weapons for both offhand and main hand.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    lol I love it the BM factor

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Give me shortbow or a dagger that has 900u range.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tayga.3192 said:
    If it's really a cantha expansion, I would like to see a traditional music (wind instruments) themed mesmer with hand fan weapons for both offhand and main hand.

    A fan weapon would also work and be really cool!

  • Senqu.8054Senqu.8054 Member ✭✭✭

    Mesmer with a huuge hammer. I want to give everyone headache who try’s to take my dodge away instead of singing a Song to my tormentor

  • ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭

    Give me a kitten bard and I can die happy.

  • Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    not really no

    // Yanim

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2020

    I never liked the idea of minstrel/ bard. flimsy character imo to be brutally honest. I do appreciate the concept.

    Te lazla otstara.

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2020

    I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.
    With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

    The degenerate

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @ArlAlt.1630 said:
    Give me a kitten bard and I can die happy.

    Same my friend ^^

  • Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.
    With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

    Might I direct your attention to a favorite musical fight scene from the movie, Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

  • Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

  • Heika.5403Heika.5403 Member ✭✭
    edited March 15, 2020

    @Mouse.7382 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.
    With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

    Might I direct your attention to a favorite musical fight scene from the movie, Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

    snip.

    To do that they should also add new weapons to the game for this and I doubt that they'll do it for now. Anyways i see... it'll be useless against the op or more powerfull specifications and only above the plebs. Very ilustrative video. If not, they'll nerf it asap with people complaining against mesmers again so it'll be funny to play for few days or weeks before fall in the forgotten well and only played by few in PvE due to the theme, like now with our other specializations.

    Anyways. The whispers, rumors and leaks always pointed that GW2 engine is a mess of source code. If that is true and they want compete with more future projection against other MMOs, add new weapons, etc, they should consider improve and rework the GW2 game engine to profit multicore processors, give native support to DirectX12 and profit the rework to structure the source code properly to allow future improvements easily with a good object programming, even if that means extra work until release the next expansion. Other MMOs like FFXIV or WoW already did it. Do that will open the door to more weapons, mechanics, smoother playing experience and a more beautiful environment that attract new players. If they re-structure the code properly in the rework they should be able to add new weapons, etc, easily. If Ncsoft-Arenanet want to invest in do it is another history...

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭

    @Senqu.8054 said:
    Mesmer with a huuge hammer. I want to give everyone headache who try’s to take my dodge away instead of singing a Song to my tormentor

    Imagine the irony of a mesmer elite spec with a hammer like a juggernaut that is more evasive than a mirage.

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    Most of my opinions have already been confirmed by what many have already said here, particularly Me Games Ma and Dragoth.
    Bards are overdone stereotypes and I really want mesmer to be a class that walks its own path and is unique from other games.
    Something like a Siren with attacks more akin to shouts rather than 'singing' would be ok-something more like a Oprah singer breaking a glass with her vocals. However, anything that is focused and even semi focused on support is a big no no for me (even if it is a support type different from quickness and alacrity). I would much, much, much rather have the idea of a debuff dps spec, particularly if it is pulled off in a unique, original manor.

    What matters more for me is fixing mesmer's problems, holes, and potential roles.
    Aesthetics, lore, and role playing is secondary - not that I don't enjoy it though as well :)

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lily.1935 said:
    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

    A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

    A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

    If we got land Trident and Siren spec. Ho boy I'd scream with Joy.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

    A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

    If we got land Trident and Siren spec. Ho boy I'd scream with Joy.

    Oh yeah a land trident would also be a great option! I'm curious if the devs implement new weapons with the next expansion.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

    A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

    If we got land Trident and Siren spec. Ho boy I'd scream with Joy.

    Oh yeah a land trident would also be a great option! I'm curious if the devs implement new weapons with the next expansion.

    I hope so. A crossbow, trident and Spear would be nice. Not all the professions should get the brand new weapons but a few having them would be nice. Like Warrior or guard with spear, necro and message with trident, ranger and engineer with crossbow. Idk. Something fun.

    Mesmer is a class I love. And i did recently make a Reiko cosplay in game in preparation for the Expansion l.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

    I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

    A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

    If we got land Trident and Siren spec. Ho boy I'd scream with Joy.

    Oh yeah a land trident would also be a great option! I'm curious if the devs implement new weapons with the next expansion.

    I hope so. A crossbow, trident and Spear would be nice. Not all the professions should get the brand new weapons but a few having them would be nice. Like Warrior or guard with spear, necro and message with trident, ranger and engineer with crossbow. Idk. Something fun.

    Mesmer is a class I love. And i did recently make a Reiko cosplay in game in preparation for the Expansion l.

    I still hope that every profession gets new weapons by default, not just for elite specs. More skills = good :P

  • With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020

    @Woltarion.6829 said:
    With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

    Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

    Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Woltarion.6829 said:
    With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

    Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

    Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

    its what sona ultimate does in league of legends.
    its AoE stun, but for the stun duration all enemies are forced to dance!

    skip to 0:10 was too lazy.
    its old vid ;p