Third Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Third Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept

2>

Comments

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Woltarion.6829 said:
    With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

    Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

    Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

    its what sona ultimate does in league of legends.
    its AoE stun, but for the stun duration all enemies are forced to dance!

    skip to 0:10 was too lazy.
    its old vid ;p

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Sodeni.6041 said:

    @Woltarion.6829 said:
    With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

    Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

    Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

    its what sona ultimate does in league of legends.
    its AoE stun, but for the stun duration all enemies are forced to dance!

    skip to 0:10 was too lazy.
    its old vid ;p

    That would be so cool! Thanks for sharing it :D

    I was thinking of ratchet and clank's groovitron ability:

    imagine that in PvP, so hilarious!

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Never been crazy about bards.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020

    @rabenpriester.7129 said:
    I don't get the point of these threads. Anybody care to explain? Do you really expect your concepts to be taken seriously or do you think you will influence the development of an expansion that isn't planned?

    Yes.
    I hope the devs look at the forums and take inspiration from the community. It's obvious a lot of mesmers want a music themed elite spec so they could listen to their call. Also, it's fun coming up with these concepts!

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Both GW1's Dervish and Paragon were based on gwguru forum members threads similar to this one.
    Clones on gw2 mesmer were also based on gw2guru forums.
    Rifle on DE was done by popular demand.
    So yeah there is a chance ANerf is influenced by this and other threads.

    The degenerate

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Both GW1's Dervish and Paragon were based on gwguru forum members threads similar to this one.
    Clones on gw2 mesmer were also based on gw2guru forums.
    Rifle on DE was done by popular demand.
    So yeah there is a chance ANerf is influenced by this and other threads.

    Exactly, that's what I was thinking as well. Especially recently Anet communicates well with the community so it's even more likely they will take inspiration or wishes from the community.

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @VDAC.2137 said:
    I think a music-themed spec would be cool, so long as it was done well and aesthetically pleasing, whatever buffs/boons/heals/auras/effects, if it’s fun to play, I would convert my chrono instantly! =)

    That's the thing, Anet can do really fancy animations and aesthetics so a bard would most likely be really well implemented and look fancy.

  • Ano.1278Ano.1278 Member

    I would love a bard specialization. It reminds me of an old MMORPG I used to play, Silkroad. I approve!

  • Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ano.1278 said:
    I would love a bard specialization. It reminds me of an old MMORPG I used to play, Silkroad. I approve!

    Oh yeah I forgot about that game!! I always loved bards in games, especially allods online. Maybe one day we can play one in gw2 as well :D