New to Revenant

xell.7408

Hello,

I'm looking for a little guidance. I've tried searching forums for various builds and I'm aware there are some balance changes that may or may not affect some things going forward. Quick background: I'm not new to GW2, but I've been away for quite awhile and would consider myself more than rusty. I've leveled to 80 a Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Ranger, Warrior and Necromancer. Thief, Mes & Ele I've played the most. I've messed around with Engi and Guard, but never followed through with them.

I've recently got back into GW2 and Revenant has been quite a fun class to play. I think part of the appeal to returning was to try something new. What I would like to do is PUG WVW, maybe some roam and solo/group PVE. What I was curious about, was if you could point me in the right direction for a build that might be sufficient to play those types of gameplay, with minor tweaks to traits...not necessarily a ton of gear swapping...if possible.

I personal like to play the characters from 1 to 80, just so I can learn the class through progression. I have an 80 boost, but will probably not use that.

If you have any suggestions on builds/gear, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

For WvW, go full Zerker with Hammer and spam Hammer#2 to win. Be the zerg's artillery cannon!

For PvE, both Viper and Berserker revs are worth considering. For just learning the game though, go full zerker as a Power Rev.

Power Rev uses Sword/Sword for offense, Staff for utility/CC, and Hammer for Range.

As a Revenant, the main gimmick is switching your legend every 10 seconds to regain energy and do other cool stuff. Your Invocation grandmaster skills tend to be what enhances legend swapping, such as proccing additional energy. After the patch, Song of the Mists (which procs an effect depending on legend you swap int0) may be useful.

When you reach level 80 and elite specialize into Herald, you become a boon bot which farts out Fury and Protection every 3 seconds, as well as other helpful effects using Facet of Nature.

Endgame you will find yourself using a holy combo of Glint + Shiro as you legends of choice. It's honestly a perfect combo with a good balance of mobility, defense, and offense.

Feel free to PM me ingame if you have any more questions.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:For WvW, go full Zerker with Hammer and spam Hammer#2 to win. Be the zerg's artillery cannon!

For PvE, both Viper and Berserker revs are worth considering. For just learning the game though, go full zerker as a Power Rev.

Power Rev uses Sword/Sword for offense, Staff for utility/CC, and Hammer for Range.

As a Revenant, the main gimmick is switching your legend every 10 seconds to regain energy and do other cool stuff. Your Invocation grandmaster skills tend to be what enhances legend swapping, such as proccing additional energy. After the patch, Song of the Mists (which procs an effect depending on legend you swap int0) may be useful.

When you reach level 80 and elite specialize into Herald, you become a boon bot which farts out Fury and Protection every 3 seconds, as well as other helpful effects using Facet of Nature.

Endgame you will find yourself using a holy combo of Glint + Shiro as you legends of choice. It's honestly a perfect combo with a good balance of mobility, defense, and offense.

Feel free to PM me ingame if you have any more questions.

Thank you, Kain. I do appreciate your response. That does help me out quite a bit.

I play this hammer/staff glint/shiro full zerker in PvE / WvW. Pug Fractals/Dungeons, Open World PvE, WvW Solo Roaming, 5vX 10v10, 20v20. Pretty much anywhere I can.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFiNMp5NtB4ALwegF8hA-jlCBABccIE04IAcmSQAOgAVq+THHggyvAA5prJgHEAW7PK/CAgAczbmNvZ28m38mv5Nv5Nv5N7628m38m38m38m38mlCQPJbA-w

Archived