Achievements question

I have been at the game for about 6 months now and I am grinding out some achievements. Currently I am working on the Lost Coins Achievements in Dry top. I acquired Lost Coin #1 in Challenger Cliffs but the game did not record it in the achievements and it isn't like I can go get it again (cuz it is gone). Of course I already have the other 11 so this is holding up the achievement.

This is a first for me. Does this happen often or has it happened to others? Am i out of luck now?

Ugh... It would appear that I suffered from the infamous ID-ten-T error (aka idiot). I just started on the Uplands lost coins and there is a lot of overlap. The Challenger Lost Coin#1 is just above the Uplands coin #13. I picked up #13 thinking it was #1. I will crawl back under my rock now.. Thanks so much for the assist.

@DeHauk.2518 said:Ugh... It would appear that I suffered from the infamous ID-ten-T error (aka idiot). I just started on the Uplands lost coins and there is a lot of overlap. The Challenger Lost Coin#1 is just above the Uplands coin #13. I picked up #13 thinking it was #1. I will crawl back under my rock now.. Thanks so much for the assist.

That was my first thought, because I keep on doing that. I'm not actively working on the achievement but every so often I'll spot a coin and pick it up and then wonder why the achievement hasn't updated, only to realise it's on the other achievement.

This sort-of made sense back when Drytop was released because the map was gradually revealed in stages, but if you didn't complete the first coin collection back then, and especially if you're coming into it now the whole map is available, it gets confusing.

(Silverwastes Badges are similar, but a little bit easier because they have slightly different names, and the golden badges are all along the jumping puzzle.)

Archived