Ideal class to play with 280 ping?

blackgamma.1809

hey, been using Herald since Hot, and Firebrand since Pof during wvw, both im starting to come to the understanding that Herald is hard to play with 280 ping and firebrand is very hard to play with 280 ping.

any more forgiving classes to play that viable with that kind of ping?

Are you having issues with Tomes taking very long to load?That is what i have problem with on FB yet i see ppl from NA/EU load and execute it so freely.

I would suggest a range class: Druid, soulbeast or even DE.

I have tried warrior and greatsword 3, 5, Sword 2 and shield 4 will just off-shot the target or will not register a hit which is frustrating.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Are you having issues with Tomes taking very long to load?That is what i have problem with on FB yet i see ppl from NA/EU load and execute it so freely.

I would suggest a range class: Druid, soulbeast or even DE.

I have tried warrior and greatsword 3, 5, Sword 2 and shield 4 will just off-shot the target or will not register a hit which is frustrating.

i have more have an issue of apply reactive gameply, so when i git by wells or condis, when i need to apply stab and condi clense, i'll never be able to apply clense or apply stab quickly enough

Is your ping stable at that latency, or do you get lag spikes? They are playable at 280ms, as long as you have a stable ping, but if you are affected by any kind of lag spikes then you will have some random delays, but mostly in leaps trying to connect etc. I would not suggest DE as you still need reactive gameplay. Druid/sbeast/warrguard/scrapper/scourge should be fine to sustain you. I say this as a player plagued with latency problems in this game. On my wired isp connection I get 210-230ms on EU, and around 260-280ms on NA but it is so unstable I get pings all the way up to 4k. On my cellphone's 4g connection however I get a higher latency at around 280-310ms on EU and 310-330ms on NA but the ping is stable and only on ocassion I get lag spikes but it's very playable I guess due to the different routing but yeah, you will sometimes get issues having certain leaps etc connecting to enemy like what sleepwalker mentioned.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Is your ping stable at that latency, or do you get lag spikes? They are playable at 280ms, as long as you have a stable ping, but if you are affected by any kind of lag spikes then you will have some random delays, but mostly in leaps trying to connect etc. I would not suggest DE as you still need reactive gameplay. Druid/sbeast/warrguard/scrapper/scourge should be fine to sustain you. I say this as a player plagued with latency problems in this game. On my wired isp connection I get 210-230ms on EU, and around 260-280ms on NA but it is so unstable I get pings all the way up to 4k. On my cellphone's 4g connection however I get a higher latency at around 280-310ms on EU and 310-330ms on NA but the ping is stable and only on ocassion I get lag spikes but it's very playable I guess due to the different routing but yeah, you will sometimes get issues having certain leaps etc connecting to enemy like what sleepwalker mentioned.

hella nah, i play on NA, when zerg fights start it goes up to 300ms, thats on a good day and not playing on EBG. and then more commonly i get 400-500 ms with lag spikes up to 4k.

so far in zergs, i've had relative success playing DH, core guard, and a weird Valk gear variant of DE, since DE doesn't allow reactive gameplay with my ping. unsurprisingly. with some level of tankyness in all the gear stats when i play said classes

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I'd suggest something like boonbeast or condi soulbeast. Loads of sustain, hard to wear down.

i'll look into it, i see that players heavily abuse that pet pull skill. im a bit reluctant to play ranger since other than dmg and a dank pull, it doesnt offer that much to zergs in comparison to what other classes already offer

Staff weaver might be alright, though you would still suffer from getting 1 shot during lag spikes if you are on pin. However as weaver you can play sides often so when the lag is terrible you can stand away from the main necro/rev bomb and just try to get some good meteor showers. Most weaver skills still work ok with lag, unlike revenant hammer which ive found to be very inconsistent if the lag is bad.

@Bort.8647 said:Staff weaver might be alright, though you would still suffer from getting 1 shot during lag spikes if you are on pin. However as weaver you can play sides often so when the lag is terrible you can stand away from the main necro/rev bomb and just try to get some good meteor showers. Most weaver skills still work ok with lag, unlike revenant hammer which ive found to be very inconsistent if the lag is bad.

i've tried a little bit with staff weaver. i still need to test this more, i have trouble landing straight up normal meteors on zergs. its either i have to wait for downs for pushes since they just walk out of it. i definitely need to test out staff weaver more to confirm this

@blackgamma.1809 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I'd suggest something like boonbeast or condi soulbeast. Loads of sustain, hard to wear down.

i'll look into it, i see that players heavily abuse that pet pull skill. im a bit reluctant to play ranger since other than dmg and a dank pull, it doesnt offer that much to zergs in comparison to what other classes already offer

Yeah, that's fair. I pretty much only roam so mostly thinking in those terms tbh.

@Rotten Bones.2391 said:

@Justine.6351 said:scourge or spellbreaker.

This right here is your answer.

warrior can be pretty sketchy, since its heavily reliant on dodge rolling. which you need to dodge shades and wells. which you cant even do on 280 ping anyways because it favors damage calculations over your inputs. since you see the aoe makers near the same time you take damage with 280 ping.

not that its hard to deal with, nor is it a bad idea to use warrior. you can mitigate this issue by just running stab and clenses/resistance. it just means you'll never be able to stand in spots where you can do the most optimal amount of damage, and your forced to play a more safely, despite having the tools to go ham

so in that sense the most optimal way warrior with bad ping is to stick with the zerg. resulting in your cleaving potential is significantly worsened unless you have a decent team composition, it sounds like a pretty generic paragraph, but your options are reduced

Try this Druid build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnEqAtsgNsAuCCctgFMBzJxlqecw50faRtZZNACAnIOrTD-jlCBQBmUJIWV/5f6C42+DV4QA0FlEZUZCFvAAYUpEAeCABAQAczbezbezbWbezbezbezbezbezSBwkMN-w-w

Great sustain with plenty of "auto-healing". Cuts movement impairing condition duration by 98% and all damaging conditions by 65% without having to activate anything. Damage is a bit light but switching pets kicks up fury which makes for moderate DPS. The pet pulls and knockdowns help mitigate damage. Typically it will take 2 or more players to bring this build down even when the ping is crazy high. If this build is near anything that is dropping boons, the DPS and survival is amplified.

Hey, aussie here. Living with permanent 310 ping in WvW. Are you fully geared minstrel FB? I think a lot of it comes down to positioning and party comp. Then again I've been playing for long time maybe it's just my muscle memory with the tomes and predicting where enemy will be bombing. I think you should always trait for stab on F3 and immediately drop #4 for resistance so you can keep condi's temporarily away then re-position with MI shadowstep. Consider using energy sigils + cleansing on wep swap because sometimes you just end up getting hit with cripple, torment and all that stuff idk they buffed cleansing sig to 3 condis now I like it.

I think you might enjoy playing scourge.. I'm not that great at it but being able to drop wells from afar mass stripping boons and tagging all the bags can be easier than being in melee laggy quarters such as FB/Sbreaker. If your party is competent you should have no problems getting stab + boons.

As others have suggested staff weaver is an option. ele is my least played class so idk wtf I'm doing half the time just spamming met shower + lava font and the occasional stun field thing tagging heaps. You can start channeling met shower and re-position with lightning flash if AoEs start to become problematic.

Hope that helps answer your question.

@Zephyra.4709 said:Hey, aussie here. Living with permanent 310 ping in WvW. Are you fully geared minstrel FB? I think a lot of it comes down to positioning and party comp. Then again I've been playing for long time maybe it's just my muscle memory with the tomes and predicting where enemy will be bombing. I think you should always trait for stab on F3 and immediately drop #4 for resistance so you can keep condi's temporarily away then re-position with MI shadowstep. Consider using energy sigils + cleansing on wep swap because sometimes you just end up getting hit with cripple, torment and all that stuff idk they buffed cleansing sig to 3 condis now I like it.

I think you might enjoy playing scourge.. I'm not that great at it but being able to drop wells from afar mass stripping boons and tagging all the bags can be easier than being in melee laggy quarters such as FB/Sbreaker. If your party is competent you should have no problems getting stab + boons.

As others have suggested staff weaver is an option. ele is my least played class so idk kitten I'm doing half the time just spamming met shower + lava font and the occasional stun field thing tagging heaps. You can start channeling met shower and re-position with lightning flash if AoEs start to become problematic.

Hope that helps answer your question.

same with necromancer and guard, im always forced to trait into stab stunbreak traits. all my builds generally run ascended gear and infusions. i do have relatively good success when i have a good party comp. but yeah. makes you feel bad when the entire party is reliant on a guard with 300 ping. thanks for the suggestions. i'll look into considering playing fb in pug zergs and see how it goes

@"Straegen.2938" said:Try this Druid build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnEqAtsgNsAuCCctgFMBzJxlqecw50faRtZZNACAnIOrTD-jlCBQBmUJIWV/5f6C42+DV4QA0FlEZUZCFvAAYUpEAeCABAQAczbezbezbWbezbezbezbezbezSBwkMN-w-w

Great sustain with plenty of "auto-healing". Cuts movement impairing condition duration by 98% and all damaging conditions by 65% without having to activate anything. Damage is a bit light but switching pets kicks up fury which makes for moderate DPS. The pet pulls and knockdowns help mitigate damage. Typically it will take 2 or more players to bring this build down even when the ping is crazy high. If this build is near anything that is dropping boons, the DPS and survival is amplified.

been reluctant to play any ranger class or scourges, maybe its time to actually play them, thanks for the build :D

Archived