What is your favorite Mount/Mount skin and why? How can they improve? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your favorite Mount/Mount skin and why? How can they improve?

Moon Kitsune.9654Moon Kitsune.9654 Member ✭✭
edited March 14, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I know this has already been discussed, but new skins have released and I'm sure there are many newer players that would like to share their opinion and criticism. What's your favorite Mount and why? How can Mounts improve, whether that be in animation or graphical detail? What is your favorite skin so far? I love hearing other opinions, don't be shy to share honestly or to provide a screenshot of your favorite mount! ❀

(I am aware there is a new WarClaw mount, but I absentmindedly forgot to add the option. If this is your favorite, provide your reply in a comment or select an already existing vote option!)

What is your favorite Mount/Mount skin and why? How can they improve? 103 votes

✦ Raptor ✦
15%
Just a flesh wound.3589DietPepsi.4371Tachenon.5270Thelgar.7214Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Blood Red Arachnid.2493Stalkingwolf.6035Ayakaru.6583Chay.7852DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756Calisanna.8732LeonieAlexia.3750BrazenNL.9857Ulyssean.1709Regh.8649Tamur.6503 16 votes
☾ Griffon ☽
33%
Rhiannon.1726Rauderi.8706Glider.5792Ashen.2907Blockhead Magee.3092Pache.9406Anela.3867Witch of Doom.5739Erasculio.2914Kal Spiro.9745linamaria.1830Ben K.6238ProtoGunner.4953Whitworth.7259Goettel.4389Narcemus.1348Sirius.4510Henry.5713Emprer.7256Col Pain.4198 34 votes
♡ Springer ♡
11%
Curunen.8729Inculpatus cedo.9234Ameepa.6793ShiningSquirrel.3751Teleoceras.1298naujocks.2319Dreamy Lu.3865MarcellinoAlighieri.7194Megametzler.5729Etria.3642Poormany.4507Moon Kitsune.9654 12 votes
✮ Roller Beetle ✮
3%
BunjiKugashira.9754SCVwar.3784Gopaka.7839wildangers.6109 4 votes
♛ Jackal ♛
29%
Cerioth.7062Kam.4092Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Ashantara.8731Arden.7480Asum.4960Mea.5491Supercluster.7159Dragana.1497Hyper Cutter.9376mortrialus.3062Djahlat.9610Kondor.2904Angoril.2179Maikimaik.1974DarkEmiLupus.2876Kanok.3027Mortifera.6138Cat Warrior.9240Warkind.6745 30 votes
҉ Skimmer ҉ 
6%
Danikat.8537Iris Ng.9845anninke.7469hugo.4705Biff.5312kiri.1467Naxos.2503 7 votes
<1

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

Raptor/Dreadnought and I want it to fart a green poisonous gas cloud when I leap!!!

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Shrine Guardian is the best skin in my opinion, bar none! I don't have it though because I won't pay 2000 gems for anything, and the Jackal mount gets even less use than my Skimmer.

• ♛ Jackal ♛

Can I vote for the soon-to-be-released Warclaw? Since it's a cat, I've fallen in love with the cute thing and I'm pretty sure I'll always use the kitten in pve! Anyway, I'll vote Jackal for now, since it's the mount I've used the most- oh, and it looks so pretty with the Exalted skin.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ✦ Raptor ✦

I'm still holding out for a Destroyer themed mount set. I'd pay 2000 gems ten times over for that
    But mourn your bones if you make them vinetouched like the backpiece, anet!

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019
    ҉ Skimmer ҉ 

I love both the hammerhead and orca skimmer skins. The only complaint I have about mount skins is that the newer ones are so much nicer than the older ones that I feel like a bit of a sucker for buying some of those old ones, which I'll now never use again. Onwards and upwards.

Still waiting for a giant bat skin for my griffon. Next year's Hallowe'en event would be a perfect time for it.

Oh, and how about a pinwheel pattern for beetle?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019
    ♛ Jackal ♛

Jackal is the most versatile one, so I prefer that mount before others. The Roller Beetle is most fun, the Griffon at full speed feels fantastic to fly.

As for favorite skins: Shrine Guardian, Dune Mastiff, Northern Feather Wing, Kourna Jackrabbit, Sun Temple Gecko (except for the silly headgear).

• ♡ Springer ♡

I like my wabbit, and my favorite mount skin for it is the Krytan Lop.

Prince of Angels - Disney Prince with a Horrifying Power

• ♡ Springer ♡

@Biff.5312 said:
    I love both the hammerhead and orca skimmer skins. The only complaint I have about mount skins is that the newer ones are so much nicer than the older ones that I feel like a bit of a sucker for buying some of those old ones, which I'll now never use again. Onwards and upwards.

Still waiting for a giant bat skin for my griffon. Next year's Hallowe'en event would be a perfect time for it.

Oh, and how about a pinwheel pattern for beetle?

I agree with newer skins versus older. They should revise some of the first ones!

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

Liminal Moorhound > Mass of Tails.

All is vain.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019
    ҉ Skimmer ҉ 

That cute manta-ray needs some love! Don't care how slow it is, I still love it. Primus Beta dyed in Black White could be easily confounded with the rays in Code Lyoko. Too sad, a skin I will never have since it's RNG...
    Concerning which skin I love, it's another story; I love Shrine Guardian, that ninetales is awesome, I like foxes, I love foxes, I want foxes everywhere.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019
    ✦ Raptor ✦

I voted Raptor as always, but over time I am using the Griffon more and more, it's so handy for rough terrain!

As for a favorite skin, it is hard to pick among all the sweet things out there, but I think I will say the Trailblazer beetle skin. I feel like a rebel drag racer whenever I'm on it.

I like the newer feathery-winged griffons much better than the ones that seem to have a sort of bat-like membrane over the wings. And I know the Jackals are supposed to be some bad magic constructs, but it would be nice to have some more naturalistic ones. (Heck, I will just come out and say I want a giant wolf to ride!) A plant-themed mount pack is also way overdue. As an asura, I would also love to see a golem or watchwork mount theme.

• Shiverpeaks set of Skins are best.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

Mount: Jackal because properly used, it's very versatile
    Mount skin: SAB-themed...yes, it's not a thing, WHICH IS WHY IT NEEDS SOME ATTENTION!

How they can be improved?
    RELEASE SAB-THEMED SKINS! That's all I need.

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭
    ҉ Skimmer ҉ 

For some reason I like the skimmer. Maybe because of how smooth and soothing (to me) it's movement is.
    As for skins... The "husky" jackal, because I've had sled-dogs for years (althoug a samoyed would be better, hehe). Other than that, I hope for something plant-ish to catch my heart :)

• ♡ Springer ♡

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    I'm having a hard time picking out a favorite skin for each mount, let alone a favorite mount overall. So, I'll just have to give my best for each category.

First up, is The Gecc

It's the Auric Salamander. I gave it the colors of the Gila Monster. Black and Orange make a nice combination. Good contrast, very striking, signals "danger!" to anyone who sees it. Being a third generation mount, it's quite rare to see one of these. The raptor's have some stiff competition, with most of my toons having really good ones. However, this Auric Salamander is the only one that I've given a name.

Next up is a tie. First, the cool one:

Green is an underrated color. It is usually the color of camouflage, since everything is green, but there are some solid, bright green colors that can still stand out. This is the Primal Hare, dyed with cool colors to contrast the fact that it is always on fire. It almost looks alien. Now, this would be my favorite hair, but there's another one worth mentioning:

THIS THING IS SO CUTE IT MAKES ME WANT TO MURDER SQUIRRELS!!! I don't even know how that works. Sometimes simplicity is the way to go, and having a pink, floppy eared Krytan Lop will make you an instant chick magnet. There's a lot of subtly into how I chose the colors. I did it specifically to emulate the gradient of real life animals, which are darker on top and lighter colored on the bottom.

Now the Skimmer.

It's an Oceanic Ray. I had to take the picture from an odd angle, since the real show is the flowing bubble pattern on its back. I tried to make all of the skins on my necromancer ominous looking, but using the skeleton pattern on everything gets boring pretty quick. The black and purple combined with this skin almost make it hard to look at, giving both the illusion of being shiny as well as making it hard to read its depth.

Next up, is Eustice. Yes, I named this one, too.

This thing is the biggest, stupidest, friendliest Dune Mastiff to ever walk the Earth. Again, I tried to give it a somewhat realistic color set, but I went with black lines on the runes because anything bright or shiny just added unnecessary noise to the image. Sometimes a pupper just needs to be a pupper, and nothing more.

Then comes Strawberry Banana.

I have an icecream based theme for my Elementalist. All of the mounts are colored after different flavors of Icecream. The odd thing is, I can never settle on a good design for Gryphons. There's always something off about them. Anyway, I picked a puffy bird Snow Stalker.

And finally, the destroyer of worlds.

This Primeval is the vengeful spirit of every single insect you've ever stepped on, sprayed, or burned with a magnifying glass. It's hungry for souls. I break my two-tone convention to go for a three-color theme on this one.

Thank you for all those pictures! Very fun to see how you customize your mounts. All of the themes are amazing. Nice! :-D

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019
    ҉ Skimmer ҉ 

I have a really hard time choosing. I like all of them, except maybe the beetle which I still have a really hard time controlling and so rarely use outside of races. The raptor is probably the one I use most for practical purposes, when I just want to get where I'm going quickly. But a lot of the time I prefer the jackals slower speed because it gives me a chance to look around more, and I like the run animation more.

The springer, skimmer and griffon are more 'novelty' mounts for me. For someone who spends far too much time climbing the scenery just to see if I can and what's at the top the springer is a gods send, and I love that once I get as high as possible I can get on my griffon and glide across the map - it's literally giving me a new perspective on the old maps. I especially love it when I can get high enough that at first I can't even see the ground, and then it slowly appears through the haze. And the skimmer is the same kind of thing, just over water. I love zooming across the surface, spotting something cool and dropping off to investigate, then getting back on when I'm done.

It's the same with skins, it's really hard for me to choose favourites because I like a lot of them for different reasons. One thing I really wanted was skins that look like the original mounts but with 4 dye channels, and since I refuse to buy the original RNG-only licences that proved easier said than done, but I've got nearly a full set now: Striped Jarin raptor, Issnur Longhair springer (slightly different, but not much), Banded Wave Fin skimmer, Liminal Moorhound jackal (also slightly different) and Istani Bald griffon. Next time the desert racer pack goes on sale I'll get the Funerary Scarab too.

For 'novelty' skins my favourites are either the primeval skins (especially the jackal - great for norn characters) or the branded mounts which I think are beautiful and seem to look good with almost any dye. Especially my griffon, Willow, who is currently Aurene 'themed' as a tribute:

I think for me the only things I'd like to see as an improvement are:

• Jackal skin which looks like the base model, available by direct sale - currently the only one is the Banded Mystic.
    • Primeval raptor, skimmer and griffon to match the springer, jackal and beetle (oh, and primeval warclaw too).
    • a dragon mount, which I know is never going to happen, but it doesn't stop me wanting one.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    ✦ Raptor ✦

Mount = Raptor
    Skin = Shrine Guardian

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ✦ Raptor ✦

I like most mounts equally, but I dislike the springer a bit.
    It's a too silly looking mount. I only ever use it when I need it, and never more.
    That said, since I got the gekko-springer I've liked it a bit more.

I also dislike the too dog-like looking jackal mounts, like the st.bernard and corgi looking one.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

Nightfang skin is awesome, probably on par with Shrine Guardian, but I use Griffons more :)

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    • Dino: the one that's on fire. (Flamelander). Honorable mention for Striped Jarin
    • Griffy: the one that's on fire. (Fire Pinion)
    • Petey: the one that's on fire. (Trailblazer)

Anyway, enough of that theme.

• Fishy: Exo-suit dyed Celestial
    • Carlos: Shrine Guardian
    • Mr Buns: Summit Wildhorn

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

I don't really have a favorite skin but for the most part I like to theme my mounts around the character that rides them.

For example.. the Mad Kings Mounts we got last Haloween were awesome for a Necromancer.. meanwhile the primevil ghostly skins are great for Revenants.
    Simple is often best though and while there are a lot of cool and flashy skins.. I usually go with simple ones and attempt to dye them to match my characters colour scheme.
    Like so.. :)

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

I love the topic!

I have all the mount skins that are currently available and will likely continue acquiring them.

My favourite mounts are jackal and the soon-to-come Warclaw aesthetics wise, but the others are lovely as well. Beetle and springer are my least favourite. I have many ideas for mount skins I'd like in the future but I have already posted them in gemstore requests. Since you asked for favourite skins, though, here we go, in not necessarily the right order but you know. Feel free to ask why I like a specific skin - each one has a different reason!

Raptor

1. Dreadnought
    2. Starscale
    3. Luminous Prowler
    4. Resplendent Avialan
    5. Flamelander
    6. Lahtenda Bog Hunter
    7. Striped Jarin
    8. Mad Realm
    9. Branded
    10. Exo-Suit

Springer

1. Sun Temple Gecko
    2. Summit Wildhorn
    3. Arctic Jerboa
    4. Primal Hare
    5. Branded

Skimmer

1. Umbral Demon
    2. Umbral Demon
    3. Umbral Demon

I love Umbral Demon.

Jackal

1. Shrine Guardian
    2. Crowned Ancient
    3. Liminal Moorhound
    4. Exalted Ley Hunter
    5. Primeval
    6. Ceylon Cut
    7. Mirror Masked
    8. Pyroclast
    9. Mad Realm
    10. Stardust

Roller Beetle

1. Trailblazer
    2. Jagged Kournan

Griffon

1. Grand Lion
    2. Sand Souled
    3. Fire Pinion
    4. Snow Stalker
    5. Exalted Sky Sentry
    6. Starbound
    7. Stormchaser
    8. Shiverpeaks Pileated
    9. Awakened
    10. Exo-Suit
    11. Branded
  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

I was not happy with the decision to add mounts to the game and remain less than thrilled, but Griffon's are my favorite mythological creature so lets go with that.

• Kal Spiro.9745Kal Spiro.9745 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019
    ☾ Griffon ☽

My favorite mount is the Griffon, with the Nightfang as favorite skin. It's just such a sleek design and I enjoy that it changes with the time of day.
    My next favorite skin is the Summit Wildhorn because it was a hard deviation from chubby bunny skins that were far too cutesy for my liking. Also why I like the Kaurna Jackrabbit, though I wish it had better dye channels.
    There are several Jackal skins I like. The Branded Jackal and Liminal Moonhound for the same reason I like the Wildhorn, they seem more sleek. Polished Stone and Twin Sands are probably my most used. Most the Jackal skins are really appealing, though.
    Most of the Raptor skins are whatever to me, but I main the Striped Jarin cause it's just really pretty and the colors are pretty vivid with the right dyes.
    The Skimmer is my least favorite mount, but I do love the Dajkah Lantern
    Most of the Beetle skins are also whatever and there isn't a specific skin I'm especially enamored with. I use the Trailblazer on multiple characters.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM |Daredevil|Ranger
    |Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist|Deadeye|Warrior
    |Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith|Revenant

• ♡ Springer ♡

@Teratus.2859 said:
    I don't really have a favorite skin but for the most part I like to theme my mounts around the character that rides them.

For example.. the Mad Kings Mounts we got last Haloween were awesome for a Necromancer.. meanwhile the primevil ghostly skins are great for Revenants.
    Simple is often best though and while there are a lot of cool and flashy skins.. I usually go with simple ones and attempt to dye them to match my characters colour scheme.

I love all of this, all of the colors you used pair very well with your characters. Thank you for sharing. The griffon was especially my favorite!

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Moon Kitsune.9654 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

I love all of this, all of the colors you used pair very well with your characters. Thank you for sharing. The griffon was especially my favorite!

Thanks ^^
    Gotta love that end game fashion wars right? lol

• DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019
    ✦ Raptor ✦

Dreadnought should've been a line of skins, instead of a one off for raptor. Even with the Warhound skin already in the picture, which is close, but not enough.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

That shrine frog springer is pretty good.

I just wish they'd go off model more and divert from species and design based on function.

• ♡ Springer ♡

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    That shrine frog springer is pretty good.

I just wish they'd go off model more and divert from species and design based on function.

Couldn’t agree more.

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

All jackal skins should have thematically appropriate teleports effects, like how the mesmer jackal does. Also the shrine guardian has really dumb dye channels. It should be upper body/lower body/saddle/particle effects instead of entire body/saddle/saddle/particle effects like it currently is.

My favorite skins are the ones that actually make changes to the base model (like the Koss rabbit, two-horned raptor, whale/shark skimmers, a bunch of the jackals, the crow/eagle/hawk/snow leopard griffin, and that one new beetle with the ridged shell).

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

Griffon would be favourite mount, by a long way. I just like flying so that's inevitable. Not really keen on any of the bird skins so far though, so the lion skin gets most use from me.

Favourite skin overall would be the Shrine Guardian. I don't really like the shifting sand elemental thing for the jackal, so it was a very nice surprise to see this one, and the saddle looks very nice with complementary dyes.

(Trust the English language to give complementary and complimentary such vastly different meanings...)

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

Fire Pinion skin with Permafrost die. Burn them eyes :-)

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

Jackal/Stardust

Seek, and you shall find.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    ✦ Raptor ✦

Raptor/Bog Hunter
    Goes well with Charr

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019
    ✦ Raptor ✦

Guess what was just released.

Metroid Prime has influenced my aesthetics a bit. My Guardian has a full branded theme, but this is the only one that has the phazon coloring from Metroid Prime 1. Also, ironically, it is similar looking to my Guard.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Sirius.4510Sirius.4510 Member ✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

Favorite mount overall is griffon, and has been from the start... most fun to ride around and stopped me complaining about rangers not getting them for pets :mrgreen:
    I sort of waffled around on skins for a while, but when I saw the Northern Feather Wing, I switched most of my characters to that - I'm just happier with the hawk/eagle patterning/face than the others so far.

Favorite individual skin is shrine guardian for the jackal, though. You can't go wrong with foxes, especially when they also echo Okami.

Improvements? I agree with the comments from earlier that I'd like to see more "different model" options - especially where the originals didn't click with me that much - there are only so many times you need another barn owl griffon skin, and I was a little disappointed the springer that kind-of looked like a red panda didn't look more like a red panda. But I also
    1. would like to be able to name mounts
    2. would like /dance to work for mounts
    tyvm :grin:

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭
    ♡ Springer ♡

Krytan Lop bunny!

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019
    ♡ Springer ♡

Best = Springer, but ONLY the Kourna Jackrabbit model (I can't stand the default "chubby bunny" model...).

Second best = Jackal, Mirror Masked (beautiful dodge effect).

Third best = Roller Beetle, but they haven't yet released a skin I prefer over default.

So-so = Skimmer, Stardrift. Used to love this like crazy and still occasionally take time to chill in open world maps on water and land. But now I don't use it as often unless there is water. Warclaw, probably Branded at the moment but I'll wait for something decent that can be bought on its own - the default model is kind of nice anyway. It's ok, gets the job done in wvw but not something I'm overly attached to.

Don't care for = Raptor/Griffon. Raptor default model looks nice but is just dull to play, no reason to use over Jackal or Beetle other than aesthetics. Griffon - you never actually fly but are always "falling with style". Initially I loved it and did all the adventures etc, but now I find it to be unsatisfactory knowing always losing altitude - there's a feeling of discontentment when using it. Also I don't particularly like any of the griffon models so have no attachment to any of them unlike the above mounts.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭
    ✦ Raptor ✦

Raptor for the mount, 'cuz dinosaur. The gecko or whatever the bunny skin is - dyed properly it looks like a fat purple dinosaur...

• ☾ Griffon ☽

The sky-bandit raccoon/griffon skin is the best skin, because raccoons are the best animal.

• ☾ Griffon ☽

@Loosmaster.8263 said:
    Raptor/Dreadnought and I want it to fart a green poisonous gas cloud when I leap!!!

Tekken 3 the move 'Gon, With the Wind'

• The main thing that I want is a different way to distribute them. Stop putting skins for 5 different mounts in one pack. Make it so that each pack is for one mount. A pack of Raptor skins, a pack of Springer skins, you get the picture. I would be way more likely to purchase them if it was done this way. As it is I am not going to buy the current pack and end up with skins that I either don't want or for a mount that I hardly ever use.

If they did this, made each pack for a particular mount, I honestly think that more players would be willing to purchase them.

☾ Griffon ☽

@Curunen.8729 said:
    Griffon - you never actually fly but are always "falling with style". Initially I loved it and did all the adventures etc, but now I find it to be unsatisfactory knowing always losing altitude - there's a feeling of discontentment when using it.

There is a ceiling you usually run into, which is based on the height you took off from plus a tiny little bit, but you can get back up to it indefinitely by chaining down-flap -> up-flap as fast as the game will let you. Without doing that, yeah, you gradually lose altitude. (Ground effect at full speed might be another exception but requires a river/lake/sea to make use of.)

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ♡ Springer ♡

@Sirius.4510 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:
    Griffon - you never actually fly but are always "falling with style". Initially I loved it and did all the adventures etc, but now I find it to be unsatisfactory knowing always losing altitude - there's a feeling of discontentment when using it.

There is a ceiling you usually run into, which is based on the height you took off from plus a tiny little bit, but you can get back up to it indefinitely by chaining down-flap -> up-flap as fast as the game will let you. Without doing that, yeah, you gradually lose altitude. (Ground effect at full speed might be another exception but requires a river/lake/sea to make use of.)

I thought they nerfed the trick to gain height? Even so it's pretty tedious and requires a deep enough area to do it - I don't find it relaxing enough.

But yeah I do like using griffon to get from A to B if the map requires it/is faster/convenience - but I won't use it if there are other ways to get around.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

For warclaw my favs are branded and embermane now!

☾ Griffon ☽

@Curunen.8729 said:
    I thought they nerfed the trick to gain height? Even so it's pretty tedious and requires a deep enough area to do it - I don't find it relaxing enough.

If you mean what I'm thinking of... they did, you can't abort a swoop early anymore (which significantly increases the space you need) - but you can still gain altitude nonetheless.
    But you do have to punch a lot more buttons than you would with other mounts if you're trying to stay in the air. Well, maybe except roller beetles, keeping them running at speed is even more work.

• Shiv.5781Shiv.5781 Member ✭✭
    ♛ Jackal ♛

My fav is Jackal, and I look forward to move skins for it.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    ☾ Griffon ☽

Grand Lion Griffon is tippy top fav. I use the griffon quite a bit when traveling, and I'm a sucker for lions so, yeah, had to get it.

My savior is the armadillo, though. I hate bugs and wouldn't use the Roller mount without the skin.

Now gimme a Skimmer as a flying broom (no cats/bats, please) and maybe I'll buy that too. :3

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.