[Suggestion] Increase radius of Renown Hearts

As the title says.The Renown Hearts around the desert take the longest to fill of all hearts in the game and that's mostly because their radius is very small and nearby events cannot help progress them. This is problematic, even in Core Tyria you could progress nearly all Renown Hearts by doing only events (if they were active) and during events they progress much faster. In the Crystal Desert you have to do the same thing over and over and since they are repeatable it gets boring really fast.Another side effect is that there are dozens of events around each map, in very close proximity to renown hearts, that nobody ever bothers with. By making those events progress the hearts, it will give an extra incentive for players to finish those events.

Good idea. There are quit a few events that do not seem worth the trouble and time so making them part of Hearts sounds like a good idea. I wonder how many people are doing the "Get the baby sandsharks back into their pen" event for instance. 12 minutes timed event of having to run back and forth with a pup in your arms, for a chance on some green loot and still a good chance of failing when you are solo because it involves so much running. I would tweak this particular event so that you need to bring less pups to the den in order to finish: much less. Like 4 if you are solo.

There are a lot of these "collect" events: they take a long time, are tedious and you usually do not get to kill stuff along the way. I much prefer "defend against waves" types of events, especially when the kills add to a Heart. :)

Another example is an event at the Ogres where you have to subdue and then send pets to their trainer. Another longish collect type event without kill-spoils: and this event is just outside the Heart radius there. Should be part of the Heart.

I think the events in PoF could be better balanced, else they will only be done once if they are needed for a certain collection and then be left alone. Off course making Events part of a large and rewarding Meta-event would work too.

/duck

Archived