Guardian Traps Are One Shotting. Enough Already!!

Burnfall.9573

EEEEY don't you dare and point out at DH traps xDI do play DH traps, for trolling nothing serious, but I tell you those traps deals REALLY massive dmg, and they do one shot even people who are not running full glass xD

I use every trap except the healing one though =palso True shot range increased yay!, too bad spear of justice range still the same ><

@Heartpains.7312 said:EEEEY don't you dare and point out at DH traps xDI do play DH traps, for trolling nothing serious, but I tell you those traps deals REALLY massive dmg, and they do one shot even people who are not running full glass xD

I use every trap except the healing one though =palso True shot range increased yay!, too bad spear of justice range still the same ><

So.. how many of the traps does it take? Just one? (For the non glass ones)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70399/game-update-notes-march-5-2019#latest

Latest patch notes by Anet on thief and Guardian;

ThiefDeath's Retreat: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to apply the damage increase from Lead Attacks incorrectly in PvP and WvW.Guardian—Symbol of Punishment: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to inflict more damage than intended.

What a Surprise!!Anet learning lessons and applying them so suddenly?

Is this a sign that Anet is taking steps to be ready for a better future for Gw2?

--(Being cautious--more work to be done yet still...this is a step in the right direction---wasn't expected at all)-

giphy.gif

My favorite is placing bait on top of the traps in the form of various types of delicacy food. They seem to really go for the Mango Pies. It's also extra interesting placing a supply trap + stealth trap overlapping each other for added effect. X marks the spot. Treasure abound!

It's almost like fishing. Very peaceful to watch.

@Zephyra.4709 said:My favorite is placing bait on top of the traps in the form of various types of delicacy food. They seem to really go for the Mango Pies. It's also extra interesting placing a supply trap + stealth trap overlapping each other for added effect. X marks the spot. Treasure abound!

It's almost like fishing. Very peaceful to watch.

I use Black Merchants myself and in PvP I use Trapper runes for the 15s of stealth camping a node waiting for someone.

@Heartpains.7312 said:Strider as I said the build I made is troll build and I use all the traps, for the none glass maybe it requires all the traps, I don't know I place them all in one spot and just hide, I am just saying that they do one shot even none glassy builds, not all of them but they do.

Maybe I am a semantics freak, but three traps in one spot isn’t one shotting. It’s three different utility skills you are traited for.

Now I’ve never played the build, but this isn’t the cheese the OP is looking for. If I dump three utility/damage skills into someone when I traited for them as significant damage, I’d expect it to wreck them too.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Heartpains.7312 said:Strider as I said the build I made is troll build and I use all the traps, for the none glass maybe it requires all the traps, I don't know I place them all in one spot and just hide, I am just saying that they do one shot even none glassy builds, not all of them but they do.

Maybe I am a semantics freak, but three traps in one spot isn’t one shotting. It’s three different utility skills you are traited for.

It's still a one-shot for one of the players tho, just like any of the many incredibly fast multihit bursts. It showing as 7 hits on the death recap still makes it a virtual one-shot.

Now I’ve never played the build, but this isn’t the cheese the OP is looking for. If I dump three utility/damage skills into someone when I traited for them as significant damage, I’d expect it to wreck them too.

Ye idk the only annoying thing about the traps is when you're in a fight with one or more people (and none of them is a dh) and you randomly step into 3-5 traps in the middle of nowhere, their damage isn't even that good anymore (except spinny but these takes some time).

Op is clearly b8ing

@lodjur.1284 said:

It's still a one-shot for one of the players tho, just like any of the many incredibly fast multihit bursts. It showing as 7 hits on the death recap still makes it a virtual one-shot.

Ye idk the only annoying thing about the traps is when you're in a fight with one or more people (and none of them is a dh) and you randomly step into 3-5 traps in the middle of nowhere, their damage isn't even that good anymore (except spinny but these takes some time).

Op is clearly b8ing

I know.

And yes, it’s annoying AF to step in one during a fight in some random place..

I’ve been playing a full-stupid-meme build for the last couple of weeks, so I kinda deserve it though..

If anything, nerfs should be made to the trap duration or perhaps have the traps fade if the caster moves too far away from them. The damage on any individual trap is balanced.

Just as some anecdotal evidence: I've ran over the landmine (every DH trap stacked on one spot) many times as a guardian roamer. As long as i'm at least half-paying attention, the land-mine by itself has never killed me, and that's vs. 17k hp and 2400 armor + absolutely no safe-guard traits like Defy Pain (because guard has none).

Archived