searring fissure nerf

Arkantos.7460

@GeneralBM.5781 said:As @DonArkanio.6419 mentioned, this change wasn't meant to increase the dps of searing fissure, but to more front-load the burning of the skill since no one stands in it for the full duration.

As a PvE player, my issue is that the new searing fissure deals less damage in total than the old searing fissure. More front loaded damage is nice for pvp, but they didn't also need to reduce the total output of the skill.

@Quarktastic.1027 said:

@GeneralBM.5781 said:As @DonArkanio.6419 mentioned, this change wasn't meant to increase the dps of searing fissure, but to more front-load the burning of the skill since no one stands in it for the full duration.

As a PvE player, my issue is that the new searing fissure deals less damage in total than the old searing fissure. More front loaded damage is nice for pvp, but they didn't also need to reduce the total output of the skill.

The change wasn't just for PvP, they also did mention that they felt condi rev was overperforming in PvE as well. Not that I agree but that is what they said.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Just want to pipe in and say that this change feels amazing for PvP/WvW. I was concerned about the CD increase but it feels fine when I play it.

Is that in silver or something? Dude, if you play condi rev in P1+ you will be slaughtered. The adjustment did not change shit.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Just want to pipe in and say that this change feels amazing for PvP/WvW. I was concerned about the CD increase but it feels fine when I play it.

Is that in silver or something? Dude, if you play condi rev in P1+ you will be slaughtered. The adjustment did not change kitten.

Last season I took seriously was pre-PoF but thanks for the cute generic jab. I roam in WvW and it works great for me there. Between this and the SotM change I feel like I can burst people down better. Obviously such a small change is not gonna suddenly push condi rev into the meta, but is still a helpful change.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Is that in silver or something? Dude, if you play condi rev in P1+ you will be slaughtered. The adjustment did not change kitten.

Last season I took seriously was pre-PoF but thanks for the cute generic jab. I roam in WvW and it works great for me there. Between this and the SotM change I feel like I can burst people down better. Obviously such a small change is not gonna suddenly push condi rev into the meta, but is still a helpful change.

There was not any objective reason to increase the CD to 6 secs in PvP. I also do not follow this mentality of something is better than nothing. If the devs are doing a half ass job they should not be complimented.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

There was not any objective reason to increase the CD to 6 secs in PvP. I also do not follow this mentality of something is better than nothing. If the devs are doing a half kitten job they should not be complimented.

But you are only accounting for the increased CD and not the tripled initial burn (and increased damage, but that is minor). It's not often that an intelligent/aware player will sit in the fire field, so the initial burst is really helpful to have. It makes sense to me why the CD was increased in WvW/PvP because the frontloaded damage is pretty significant. I am not trying to baby the devs and of course there are disadvantages to the increased CD, I am just saying that in my experience it feels better than it did before. It makes me use the skill a bit differently, but I feel more rewarded for it now.

Archived