Superior Rune of Surging now gives +25% movement speed???

mrauls.6519

If so, it'll now be my go-to WvW rune for DH...

Edit:

It does! I almost busted a nut at work. We FINALLY have a movement speed rune that has the main stat of POWER in PvE/WvW

After six(?) years of running Rune of the Traveler... this is a major change

Edit #2:

Fireworks Rune is better :skull:

agreed fireworks is better than surging.

However i can see one way that surging could be better. It can be used as a soft invuln in that you can use your elite and get shocking aura which will stop the enemies burst on you. Since Guardians only have renewed focus as an invuln you can use a mantra elite and get a soft invuln.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:This change to surging seems like Anet tossing a bone to DH in pvp. It's about time!

If only the rune wasnt removed from pvp :(

Darn, you're right :(

Didn't even realize they took it out since I never ran that rune.

Well if it comes to wvw-only, I think firework runes are superior as long as you're using RF. The vigor and might uptime >>> shocking aura once per 90 seconds that is unlikely to actually stun someone.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:This change to surging seems like Anet tossing a bone to DH in pvp. It's about time!

Well if it comes to wvw-only, I think firework runes are superior as long as you're using RF. The vigor and might uptime >>> shocking aura once per 90 seconds that is unlikely to actually stun someone.

I agree but note the shocking aura is once every 45 sec not 90 sec.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Rf has a cooldown of 90 seconds, 72 if traited. The vast majority of fights including 1v1s I don't find myself using RF more than once anyway. Now a firebrand running the elite mantra could make much better use of the shocking aura I'd say

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Rf has a cooldown of 90 seconds, 72 if traited. The vast majority of fights including 1v1s I don't find myself using RF more than once anyway. Now a firebrand running the elite mantra could make much better use of the shocking aura I'd say

Thats what i meant in my previous post. If you want to use mantra elite then shocking aura with the 45s cd could be useful

from my previous post------- --"However i can see one way that surging could be better. It can be used as a soft invuln in that you can use your elite and get shocking aura which will stop the enemies burst on you. Since Guardians only have renewed focus as an invuln you can use a mantra elite and get a soft invuln." -------

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Thats what i meant in my previous post. If you want to use mantra elite then shocking aura with the 45s cd could be useful

from my previous post------- --"However i can see one way that surging could be better. It can be used as a soft invuln in that you can use your elite and get shocking aura which will stop the enemies burst on you. Since Guardians only have renewed focus as an invuln you can use a mantra elite and get a soft invuln." -------

Yeh absoutely! If you're running a power-based support build then it could be a good rune choice and you'd be making excellent use of every part of that rune. I haven't really been too excited about harrier's-type FB for roaming ever since they nerfed the tome cooldowns though. Those nerfs hurt :(

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

Yeh absoutely! If you're running a power-based support build then it could be a good rune choice and you'd be making excellent use of every part of that rune. I haven't really been too excited about harrier's-type FB for roaming ever since they nerfed the tome cooldowns though. Those nerfs hurt :(

Same here i used to roam on my harrier FB but stopped completely after the TOME cooldown and now with the RI nerf its even worse. RIP that build.

Does the shocking aura work when RI is used? i.e. since you're invulnerable, does damage into shocking aura happen before damage into invulnerability?

Either way, a good player seeing you use RI will more than likely stop attacking until the RI is over. That leaves 1 sec of shocking aura.I would think the passive vigor alone from Fireworks would outweigh the 1 sec of shocking aura.

@nativity.3057 said:Does the shocking aura work when RI is used? i.e. since you're invulnerable, does damage into shocking aura happen before damage into invulnerability?

Either way, a good player seeing you use RI will more than likely stop attacking until the RI is over. That leaves 1 sec of shocking aura.I would think the passive vigor alone from Fireworks would outweigh the 1 sec of shocking aura.

Shocking aura applies after RI channel is finished.

@Zahrak.6382 said:

@nativity.3057 said:Does the shocking aura work when RI is used? i.e. since you're invulnerable, does damage into shocking aura happen before damage into invulnerability?

so the full 4 secs of shocking aura is applied after RI is finished?

In that case, I might try it out given how fireworks prices has decreased. The defensive value of shocking aura might be good, given how one of the main issue of playing core guard was the sticking power.

@nativity.3057 said:

so the full 4 secs of shocking aura is applied after RI is finished?

In that case, I might try it out given how fireworks prices has decreased. The defensive value of shocking aura might be good, given how one of the main issue of playing core guard was the sticking power.

That's right! Last time I tried surging on guardian, full aura applied after RI. It was quite nice, since unsually (especially on outnumbereds) you can expect huge burst after RI.

Archived