MAJOR BUG: Weapon skill while on Warclaw... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

MAJOR BUG: Weapon skill while on Warclaw...

when mounting the swap can get struck, you can see i can use my weapon while having the 3 movement ability of the warclaw... allowing me to leap and dps.... o.O

gw713.jpg

Comments

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm bugged in the same way. It happened on using Engage skill to hit a sentry. Now I cannot dismount either. Can't sell, can't repair, can't node. I get downed and still on mount. Even died and still on mount. Waypointing does nothing.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chaba.5410 said:
    I'm bugged in the same way. It happened on using Engage skill to hit a sentry. Now I cannot dismount either. Can't sell, can't repair, can't node. I get downed and still on mount. Even died and still on mount. Waypointing does nothing.

what happens when you go into water?

read this, become a better player now.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

what happens when you go into water?

I just left the map before testing that. I assume nothing happens since all the other methods of getting dismounted don't work.

• PlagueParade.7942PlagueParade.7942 Member ✭✭✭

yeah same bug

• https://streamable.com/5nhas For those that want to see it in action

• Yup, it's a thing. Had it happen on my warrior as well. It was hilarious.

• Natar.3671Natar.3671 Member ✭✭

yup had this happen to me too. going underwater does not dismount you as you can see in my vid

Soloblade [tM}
    NSP
    ded chl

• Can confirm, happend to me twice already :/

• ZEUStiger.3590ZEUStiger.3590 Member ✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019

Hope this gets fixed within a reasonable timeframe. For now the only sure way to get rid of the bug is to leave the map, which, as one can imagine, is rather undesirable due to long queues. And playing with the bug, while technically possible, might get you reported for cheating due to all these dodges that to other players most certainly look as if you're teleporting around.

A similar bug has been happening all the way since PoF release (probably beta too), but the other way around: player remains with mount skills while not visually mounted, most likely due to desync issues in "content functions" aka clientside scripting toolset (the higher the latency, the higher the chance to encounter the bug, hence the suspicion of desynching). That bug, however, tends to autocorrect itself after a few seconds, removing the mounted skills from you if you remain dismounted. Perhaps something similar can be done to rectify the consequences of this bug as well.

The bug can happen in PvE as well, I can tell you that for a fact, but I can't figure out how to reproduce it reliably. It has something to do with spamming [1] while dodging (i.e. using warclaw's dash ability). You don't need to hit an enemy for it to happen.

• sneakytails.5629sneakytails.5629 Member ✭✭✭

I just had the same thing happen to me as well. I also made a video but its not as good (or funny) as Natar's. I also used the warclaw 1 skill when it happened.

• This happened to me 3 times in wvw since Warclaw launch. There have been 2 patches so far and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet. Its pretty game breaking not being able to swap weapons when this happens.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Happened to me yesterday evening.

I was able to:

• attack with my characters weapons / utilities
    • jump forward using 3 stamina bars

I was not able to:

• build siege
    • take supply
    • use portals
    • move at the correct speed of the Warclaw

Porting within the map (with loading screen) didn't fix it
    Going underwater didn't fix it
    Dying and respawning on the same map didn't fix it.

The only way I was able to resolve it was to change to a different map, and given that there are queues up this week, this was very inconvenient.

• Doo Lally.8594Doo Lally.8594 Member ✭✭✭

It happened to me last evening on Blue Alpine BL.

Using my bound keys to summon Warclaw, then using them again to de-summon worked in putting my character back to normal.

YMMV.

• Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭

This looks extremely buggy from a non ally point of view.Saw a guy yesterday with it aswell when fighting him,and he was skipping allover the place and when he got eventually downed he just kept on "gliding" out of sync while his actualy body was in another spot.

• I've had this twice now, only seems you have to change map instance to fix it..
    Oh, and you can dodge in the direction you were looking when you went down .. infinitely (until you hit an obstacle, since you can turn)..

• Gaberen.4325Gaberen.4325 Member ✭✭✭

Its getting kitten dealing with this bug, especially with these queues. ANET PLZZZZ FIX THIS kitten

• This bug can be forced if you jump in the air and spam 1 - if you want to force the bug for 3 dodges

• Better yet, you can dodge even when you're outright DEAD. You can get inside enemy spawns without getting teleported out this way. This is just wonderful. :lol:

• Here's a more-or-less reliable way to reproduce the bug (and a display of one of the exploits it allows):

1. Find an almost-vertical surface (not completely vertical, but sloped enough for you to slide down off it, but not horizontal enough to stand on it).
    2. Start somewhat above it, so you don't immediately touch the ground after dodging.
    3. Start holding W and keep holding it throughout.
    4. Dodge into the surface.
    5. Spam 1
  • This is becoming an issue in WvW where zergs are abusing it and exploiting the mount movement.

• Lociaz.4027Lociaz.4027 Member ✭✭

@lagrangewei.8516 said:
    when mounting the swap can get struck, you can see i can use my weapon while having the 3 movement ability of the warclaw... allowing me to leap and dps.... o.O

gw713.jpg

You get the bug by spamming mount skill me 1 while entering a fight.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2019

We had an opponent zerg do this all last night. 50 + in the blob and more than 30 were using this to steamroll the map. Over and over. Mount speed, can't be crowd controlled yet using all their class abilities. It needs to be patched immediately. At the very least we need mounts disabled until this is fixed.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

^ This needs to be fixed if people are abusing it.

Turkeyspit claims above that the bug is not at full mount speed but simply having 3 dodges is already broken on non-daredevil classes.

• Natar.3671Natar.3671 Member ✭✭

to clarify, ya u do not get the mount speed for this bug (u can see this in my vid a few replies above). The main benefit of this bug is ur boosted dodge/leap distance, which gives u crazy mobility. Add some of your own class mobility skills, u get a bugged guy thats pretty unkillable if he knows wat hes doing. And even when u do kill him, u wont remove the bug since u can only fix this by changing maps. So a pretty broken bug.

Heck I was even doing the bug in front of a guy with an anet tag in my vid, telling him abt it. I didn't even get a response from him/her lol. God knows when they will finally address and fix this

Soloblade [tM}
    NSP
    ded chl

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aranumda's Warclaw Adventure

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.