[Spoiler] Kralkatorrik looks very nice but kinda smaller than I imagined

Evil.1580

I posit Elder Dragons lose weight and, er, length, when they sleep. :#

..but seriously, I imagine it's so it fits better with game constraints - map scaling, or something like that. Or it could be it has other ways of displaying size, i.e. Mordremoth was the jungle, and so on. Just from the images you've linked, it's only the head and some neck: awake, Kralky could be the entire brand in metaphysical state for all I know (probably not the entire bit, but maybe those bits in PoF maps which hurt lots if you stand in them).

@bOTEB.1573 said:We know that Kralkatorrik asleep is mistaken with a mountain range. Why he looks so small here?

We see such concept here:N0pMLdP.jpg

And now here he is:mZd8JVp.png

Annnd here's another ingame image:54zw60j.jpg

Do you realise that in the second photo, the small dragon is The Shatterer? So Kralk is (say what, at a guess) roughly 50x the size of The Shatterer. That's pretty damn massive man.

Edit: Oh yeah, that's just Kralk's head and neck that is 50x the size of The Shatterer.

What you see in that instance is simply his head. The cinematic showcases his true size.

I imagine the developers also made use of suspension of disbelief to make the visuals within the cinematic more readable by the player. Had we dealt with kral in his true size in that instance, much of what we saw during it would not have been visible properly or readable to the average player

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well, thanks for spoiling that said Elder Dragon makes an appearance.

What's the point of spoiler warning in the title when you also put the actual spoiler in it?

To read the rest of the title you first have to read the spoiler alert - just don't read the rest.Not to mention that I am 100% sure you don't know what I have imagined before you open the thread, right?And if you are talking about the size also, you can't know the actual size of the dragon if you don't know what I imagining him to be.So for me, it may be small, while for the others it can be bigger than what they have expected.

• 2 months later...

The concept art actually does match him up rather nicely with his now in-game image. Look at the concept art- to the right, there's some ships there. Compare those to the mountains of Kralk's spine. For scale, Kralk is clearly "southern Indiana foothill" mountains as opposed to the Rockies. He's not going to be mistaken for the Alps, just a very small line of minor mountains. Considering how clearly huge he is in-game, I think they more than match up.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I don't know how you read, but I absorb it all at once. My brain simply doesn't stop mid-sentence like that. Besides, the spoiler is literally the very next word.

Point being, spoilers in the thread title is kitten.I start from the left and move to the right. I read the words and have no problem stopping mid-sentence if I want. Your brain is strange.

@Oglaf.1074 "I don't know how you read, but I absorb it all at once. My brain simply doesn't stop mid-sentence like that. Besides, the spoiler is literally the very next word.

Point being, spoilers in the thread title is kitten." .... Not to be a dick here but maybe actually open both eyes when you attempt to read something

Is literally the first word in the thread its far from "Mid-sentence" If you can see the Kralkatorrik part chances are you can see the

Part its only in brackets ...kinda stands out "Point being complaining about Spoilers when it is literally put in brackets as the first word in the thread is dog shit"

There was one theory floating around a while ago that the E. Dragons grows too immense size the longer they are awake. When they eventually hibernate the "outer shell" hardens and become mountains, protecting the true form of the dragon beneath. It would explain why Primodus is significally larger and different today than it was in EOTN centuries ago.

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:I don't know how you read, but I absorb it all at once. My brain simply doesn't stop mid-sentence like that. Besides, the spoiler is literally the very next word.

Point being, spoilers in the thread title is kitten.I start from the left and move to the right. I read the words and have no problem stopping mid-sentence if I want. Your brain is strange.

There are slow readers and quick readers, what may seem easy for you is really hard when you don't read words but rather fly over the sentence and understand it, I too don't read a sentence word for word - it's called quick reading and is honestly pretty useful ;)And it should be common sense to not put the spoiler itself into the title... you don't want to have your present unwrapped beside some wrapping paper under the Christmastree either do you?

BTT: Honestly looking at the size comparision between Kralks HEAD and the Shatterer and looking at the picture with the boats and his spine I'd say his size matches up perfectly, we've seen in some cutscenes already that Kralks body is quite massive and close up we've only seen his head so far.

@TwilightSoul.9048 "There are slow readers and quick readers, what may seem easy for you is really hard when you don't read words but rather fly over the sentence and understand it, I too don't read a sentence word for word - it's called quick reading and is honestly pretty useful"

I like the part about there being quick readers and slow readers ....I have to ask what is the point of quick reading for a single sentence when you miss the first word in the sentence that should stand out for everyone especially when specific people get triggered when they see spoilers.

What is really being said here is you want other people to accommodate you and the other "quick readers" because of how you choose to read even though the thread maker went out their way to put "

" as the first word in the thread.

"And it should be common sense to not put the spoiler itself into the title" Common sense in this instance would dictate if you are concerned about someone spoiling content for you whether it comes to threads or in game chats ect ect ... that you should be looking for that trigger word

" you don't want to have your present unwrapped beside some wrapping paper under the Christmastree either do you?" also your question here towards @Chickenooble.5014 seems kind of odd considering I never saw em post anything Christmas related so its kinda sketchy to assume whether said person actually celebrates Christmas to begin with.

In short how you choose to read whether its fast or slow is exactly that your choice but if you choose to read a specific way that gives you a disadvantage when it comes to [spoilers] that one is kind of on you after all this isn't youtube you don't get a gold star for skimming thru the title and being the first comment.

@Luciferior.4802 said:@TwilightSoul.9048 "There are slow readers and quick readers, what may seem easy for you is really hard when you don't read words but rather fly over the sentence and understand it, I too don't read a sentence word for word - it's called quick reading and is honestly pretty useful"

I like the part about there being quick readers and slow readers ....I have to ask what is the point of quick reading for a single sentence when you miss the first word in the sentence that should stand out for everyone especially when specific people get triggered when they see spoilers.

The point is that some people read the whole thing at once. We -can't- not see the rest of it after the first word. And if we're reading the thread title above or below it, we'll see "Kralkatorrik looks" as part of reading other things close by. We read by word shapes, not sounding out letter by letter. Moreover, normally the spoiler content -isn't- in the title, the title just tells you what area of the game has a spoiler. So one scans quickly to see if it's a subject one hasn't seen yet and thus must avoid or if it addresses content already experienced and thus worth reading to join in the discussion.

It's, hmm, what's a non-reading analogy ... like the moment of recognition "a deer just jumped in front of my car!" and though your foot starts moving to the brake and your hands start to twist the wheel, there is still a horrible crunching impact. (Yes, this happened to me once on a dark road with a 50 mph speed limit). You can't react quickly enough to avoid what's coming. And once you've hit, you can't undo it.

So please understand that some people do read as quickly as their eyes light upon the words.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well, thanks for spoiling that said Elder Dragon makes an appearance.

What's the point of spoiler warning in the title when you also put the actual spoiler in it?

To read the rest of the title you first have to read the spoiler alert - just don't read the rest.

Okay, let's test this out: don't read the spoiler below.

That is by far the most absurd thing I've read today, and I've already read the news.

Witness the power of a well-placed spoiler alert! Oh wait, you can't, because you couldn't see the spoiler.

Now to try this can't-lose technique on my boss...

Archived