Cleanse on Rev - antitoxin runes

Jugglemonkey.8741

So I'm making another rev after ditching the class for a while when PoF dropped, I remember cleanse always being an issue in WvW so I was planning on using antitoxin runes and cleansing sigils on each set, that should cleanse 6 condis every 10 seconds from weapon and legend swap, plus staff 4 for another two. I know condi isn't meta at the moment, but there's enough condi mirages and scourges to make me want more cleanse.

So is this overkill, not enough or just right? How much cleanse do you run in WvW?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:So I'm making another rev after ditching the class for a while when PoF dropped, I remember cleanse always being an issue in WvW so I was planning on using antitoxin runes and cleansing sigils on each set, that should cleanse 6 condis every 10 seconds from weapon and legend swap, plus staff 4 for another two. I know condi isn't meta at the moment, but there's enough condi mirages and scourges to make me want more cleanse.

So is this overkill, not enough or just right? How much cleanse do you run in WvW?

I made this exact build pretty much and while it did deal with condi pretty well i found that it lacked enough DPS to kill things quick and condi mirages eventually would kill me. just took longer. So in the end i ditched the runes.

Now i play for the pure burst. classes like soulbeast and mirage have too many escapes, i need to burst them quick before they can get away.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:As far as I understand Antitoxin Runes only cleanse one additional condition per application, they do not double all your cleansing. So this means Cleansing Channel would cleanse 2 but Cleansing Sigil would cleanse 4, not 6.

I know, I was simply saying doing both off cooldown means 6 condis cleansed per 10 seconds :)

@phokus.8934 said:Durability with cleansing on staff is more than enough to handle conditions in wvw.

I always struggled a bit with that in HoT, admittedly I'm not the best rev and condi builds were more prevalent then.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:So I'm making another rev after ditching the class for a while when PoF dropped, I remember cleanse always being an issue in WvW so I was planning on using antitoxin runes and cleansing sigils on each set, that should cleanse 6 condis every 10 seconds from weapon and legend swap, plus staff 4 for another two. I know condi isn't meta at the moment, but there's enough condi mirages and scourges to make me want more cleanse.

I made this exact build pretty much and while it did deal with condi pretty well i found that it lacked enough DPS to kill things quick and condi mirages eventually would kill me. just took longer. So in the end i ditched the runes.

Now i play for the pure burst. classes like soulbeast and mirage have too many escapes, i need to burst them quick before they can get away.

That figures, I thought that might be the case. I was working under the assumption that if I didn't run cleanse runes I'd be running leadership or durability as Phokus mentions, so the difference is mostly in the sigils. I'm not sure how much spike sigils contribute on rev, but it didn't look like it'd be a lot.

I kinda wanna try out Leadership Runes in WvW a bit more since they now give Expertise for vulnerability/immob/chill duration and extra, extra concentration.

But I've been too preoccupied with dunking on all the war-claw-seeking nubs with Surging Runes today to give them a spin. :bleep_bloop:

@narcx.3570 said:I kinda wanna try out Leadership Runes in WvW a bit more since they now give Expertise for vulnerability/immob/chill duration and extra, extra concentration.

But I've been too preoccupied with dunking on all the war-claw-seeking nubs with Surging Runes today to give them a spin. :bleep_bloop:

I love how the ALL STATS runes now have concentration . I dont care so much about expertise but the concentration is great.

Scourge shouldn't be a problem if you run Mara/Zerk gear. Just gotta fake your engage or make it less obvious so they don't dodge main burst and then they are proably done.As for cleanses against mirage I like condi rtransfers more with my cele+ grieving build. It's delight to see mirage trash choke on their own confusion and torment. Used to run old Lyssa runes for some time in my power build before the runes change, converting 5 condition with just one button was pretty useful.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@narcx.3570 said:I kinda wanna try out Leadership Runes in WvW a bit more since they now give Expertise for vulnerability/immob/chill duration and extra, extra concentration.

I love how the ALL STATS runes now have concentration . I dont care so much about expertise but the concentration is great.

Don't forget vulnerability uptime. There are other conditions like chill and weakness too.

Archived