Double XP should be permanent

Ok I Did It.2854

This may be an unpopular opinion but,

The double Xp week/weekends, always bring out the fights, tonight was great, people actually fighting open field and no siege wars, XP always brings the battles out, Anet either needs to consider an increase across the board for XP, or give us a mastery where every 50 levels add 1% XP gain.

@LaGranse.8652 said:It is not a large amount of xp that bring more people, it is the chance to earn bonus xp that does. If you make 100% bonus xp permanent then that will just be normal xp with normal amount of people.

This.Also, it may be a bit unfair to people who achieved a high WvW rank without the permanent WXP bonus. Or do you want to award it retroactively? (Hint: Not possible)

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:This may be an unpopular opinion but,

The double Xp week/weekends, always bring out the fights, tonight was great, people actually fighting open field and no siege wars, XP always brings the battles out, Anet either needs to consider an increase across the board for XP, or give us a mastery where every 50 levels add 1% XP gain.

People are coming out for the mount, and the 1 week of double XP. If double XP became permanent, it would no longer be double XP, it would just be XP, and with no sense of urgency, no special interest would be shown.

That people are fighting in the open field is pretty simple, there is no coordination or organization when every tag is chalk full of PVE players new to the game mode, who die instantly because of non-meta builds / gear sets, and who don't understand how to deal with a zerg push. As a Medi Scrapper I stood on tag and watched 30+ players of our squad evaporate during a single bomb. I was able to keep a group of us up for another 10-15 seconds or so, but obviously we wiped.

I'm only rank 557, so believe me I want to level up faster, but at the same time getting a full XP bar from flipping 1 camp and 1 tower seems somewhat excessive.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:It is not a large amount of xp that bring more people, it is the chance to earn bonus xp that does. If you make 100% bonus xp permanent then that will just be normal xp with normal amount of people.

This.Also, it may be a bit unfair to people who achieved a high WvW rank without the permanent WXP bonus. Or do you want to award it retroactively? (Hint: Not possible)

Anymore unfair than those with high WvW rank earned during the EoTM karma train days?

@"LaGranse.8652" said:It is not a large amount of xp that bring more people, it is the chance to earn bonus xp that does. If you make 100% bonus xp permanent then that will just be normal xp with normal amount of people.

Spot on, this is the human "sale" mentality.

If you sell a pair of shoes for 50$ normally, no-one really notice, but if you put a big yellow sign with "Sale! now only 55$!" a lot more people will show interest and possibly buy it.

Archived