Please stop nerfing warriors

Nova.7261

The main issue with warriors is their inability to clear conditions quickly. A large number of unique debuffs will stay on a warrior if they are blinded or if their adrenaline skill hits a block.

I don't see how removing a warriors battle standard healing helps with this?

You don't pick that skill for the abysmal regen... Thank god its gone, it was worthless.

Take Shake it Off, best condition cleanse in the game on low cooldown and charges. Brawlers recovery is amazing too.. no, warriors dont have problems with conditions. not more than anybody else

@"Nova.7261" said:The main issue with warriors is their inability to clear conditions quickly. A large number of unique debuffs will stay on a warrior if they are blinded or if their adrenaline skill hits a block.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Stamina

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Shake_It_Off!%22

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Featherfoot_Grace

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiant_Stance

In what universe is warrior struggling with condition cleanse?

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:I'm just going to leave this here.

You do realize 'shake it off' only removes 1 condition... Right? And that condition is random.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Nova.7261" said:The main issue with warriors is their inability to clear conditions quickly. A large number of unique debuffs will stay on a warrior if they are blinded or if their adrenaline skill hits a block.

None of those will save a warrior from conditions if their adrenal skills don't connect. Worse, those skills are mostly one offs due to long cooldowns so that if your opponent survives the first encounter, you're definitely dead. Which is usually the case since most classes have life saving skills to defend against a gank.

And battle standard is still useless, cause its cooldown is way too long to get much use out of it. And worse, you lose a few seconds at the start of a fight if you put down banners. A typical player isn't going to properly respond to a suprise attack and defend like they've trained to in the first 3 seconds of a fight, I don't feel like wasting those 3 seconds putting down banners and getting ready for a fight. And now you have to watch their timers to pick them up again so they don't expire... Like warriors don't have enough on their plate predicting every move their opponent will make, because their strongest trait is their disruption. Warriors are very good at messing up rotations and/or using them to their advantage, but you need to know that rotation and when to act on it.

Warriors will always be a control class, yet none of the traits really support its specialty.

@Nova.7261 said:

You do realize 'shake it off' only removes 1 condition... Right? And that condition is random.

@Nova.7261 said:The main issue with warriors is their inability to clear conditions quickly. A large number of unique debuffs will stay on a warrior if they are blinded or if their adrenaline skill hits a block.

None of those will save a warrior from conditions if their adrenal skills don't connect. Worse, those skills are mostly one offs due to long cooldowns so that if your opponent survives the first encounter, you're definitely dead. Which is usually the case since most classes have life saving skills to defend against a gank.

And battle standard is still useless, cause its cooldown is way too long to get much use out of it. And worse, you lose a few seconds at the start of a fight if you put down banners. A typical player isn't going to properly respond to a suprise attack and defend like they've trained to in the first 3 seconds of a fight, I don't feel like wasting those 3 seconds putting down banners and getting ready for a fight. And now you have to watch their timers to pick them up again so they don't expire... Like warriors don't have enough on their plate predicting every move their opponent will make, because their strongest trait is their disruption. Warriors are very good at messing up rotations and/or using them to their advantage, but you need to know that rotation and when to act on it.

Warriors will always be a control class, yet none of the traits really support its specialty.

Umm shake it off removes 3 in PvE and 6 in PvP/WvW. They've also got brawlers recovery to remove conditions on weapon swap that wasn't mentioned.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brawler%27s_RecoveryThey've also got warhorn that removes conditions.

@Solori.6025 said:

.......Is this a new change that wasn't mentioned?

No he's just wrong and doesn't know what skills do, it's still 6 in PvP/WvW which I assume he's talking about.

@Nova.7261 said:

@Nova.7261 said:The main issue with warriors is their inability to clear conditions quickly. A large number of unique debuffs will stay on a warrior if they are blinded or if their adrenaline skill hits a block.

So you're trying to be a bannerslave in PvP and Wvw?? Oh wow

@"Blocki.4931" said:You don't pick that skill for the abysmal regen... Thank god its gone, it was worthless.

Take Shake it Off, best condition cleanse in the game on low cooldown and charges. Brawlers recovery is amazing too.. no, warriors dont have problems with conditions. not more than anybody else

It was usually combined with runes, food, Healing Signet, Adrenal Health, heal on Might gain, Spellbreaker's dagger heal, etc. Trust me, it was far from worthless--Warriors were infamous for having some of the best "regeneration tanking" in the game, second only to Guardians.

If you think it was worthless you never had to try to keep a bunker Warrior from holding a point.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

In universe where we could only put 3 utility skills. Can't pick all of those must also pick balanced stance to counter CC too.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

In universe where we could only put 3 utility skills. Can't pick all of those must also pick balanced stance to counter CC too.

If 24 condition cleanses from Signet of Stamina and Shake It Off which are part of the meta SPvP Spellbreaker build aren't enough, I really don't know what to tell you.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Yet, without anything to counter the CC outbreak we have and the absurd mobility and dammage of all other classes, we can't afford to build only for condition cleanse. Alternatively, Warrior is actually the worst in every role possible in pvo now. Any Warrior can do, every other classes do it better.

I was pretty sure as I started reading this thread that it's like 2 years old and someone did some serious necroing. Turns out I was wrong.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Warriors were infamous for having some of the best "regeneration tanking" in the game, second only to Guardians.

In what universe does Guardian win anything in "Regeneration tanking"? Revenant, Thief, Warrior, Ranger, Engineer and even Elementalist are all significantly better than Guardian at that particular thing. Guardian only has Virtue of Resolve and Signet of Courage that together amount to about 450 health every 3 seconds. Warrior heals double that with Healing Signet alone, and they can add a lot more with the things you mentioned.You can do a lot more with Firebrand tomes, mantras and Altruistic Healing but those are a bit different, and have heavy efficiency scaling based on number of allies.

nope anet is doing the only right thing... warriors deserve alot more nerfs for how broken op they are. It's a noobfriendly beginner class that deals far too much dmg and has far too much surviveability. It's a must pick in raids since they were introduced. banners should be nerfed to 50 stats instead of 100. warrior players have to get that the days of playing an easy op class will be over soon.

@Ferus.3165 said:nope anet is doing the only right thing... warriors deserve alot more nerfs for how broken op they are. It's a noobfriendly beginner class that deals far too much dmg and has far too much surviveability. It's a must pick in raids since they were introduced. banners should be nerfed to 50 stats instead of 100. warrior players have to get that the days of playing an easy op class will be over soon.

which is why they are not in any meta right?

@"Ferus.3165" said:nope anet is doing the only right thing... warriors deserve alot more nerfs for how broken op they are. It's a noobfriendly beginner class that deals far too much dmg and has far too much surviveability. It's a must pick in raids since they were introduced. banners should be nerfed to 50 stats instead of 100. warrior players have to get that the days of playing an easy op class will be over soon.

Warrior is "required" in raid only because they have "unique buff" that can increase the DPS of other peopke, aside of that, they have subpar DPS and survivability. I get it that you may have never played Warrior or that you don't like the class, but everything you just said is wrong. Mesmer and Necromancers are the noob friendly classes.

Also, your whole little post just confirmed me that not only you never play Warrior, but you also know nothing about it, not any knowledge about the class nor how you have to play it.

Go play aa a Warrior in PvP for a season. Also go to WvW and tell me about how much dammage you did and all your magnificent exploits with a "nobb friendly class that deals too much dammage".

Wow, I'm so done. Berserker isn't viable anywhere except in raid because it's the higher DPS a bannerslave can have. Also, remove banners from Warriors and see how wanted they'll be.

Oh "noob friendly" ? Are you perhaps judging this by the little amount of skill available? Perhaps you got kilked by Warriors because they are too much predictable and too easy to kite from any range?

Maybe you just want the class deleted because you don't like its concept, which is highly subjective.

@Yannir.4132 said:I was pretty sure as I started reading this thread that it's like 2 years old and someone did some serious necroing. Turns out I was wrong.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Warriors were infamous for having some of the best "regeneration tanking" in the game, second only to Guardians.

In what universe does Guardian win anything in "Regeneration tanking"? Revenant, Thief, Warrior, Ranger, Engineer and even Elementalist are all significantly better than Guardian at that particular thing. Guardian only has Virtue of Resolve and Signet of Courage that together amount to about 450 health every 3 seconds. Warrior heals double that with Healing Signet alone, and they can add a lot more with the things you mentioned.You can do a lot more with Firebrand tomes, mantras and Altruistic Healing but those are a bit different, and have heavy efficiency scaling based on number of allies.

Yet, with what other usefull skilks can a Warrior receive some healing? You'll see that I said "usefull" cause the Tactic trait line is trash tier. Guard have accesd to the boon regeneration and also the Meditatiin skills "useful skills" that can provide some nice amount of healing (a lot more than Warrior's shout).

People should seriously stop talking about Warrior like it's a super easy OP class when in reality all they do is either getting killed by competent players THAT KNOWS THEIR CLASS (even you could just kite the Warrior to death)

Also, I don't know how you can complain so much about Warrior, for me they are the easiest to kill than anyone else.

You know what, lets just delete the whole fucking class instead of rendering it illusionary "playable" but at the same time trash tier everywhere.

I'm so done.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If 24 condition cleanses from Signet of Stamina and Shake It Off which are part of the meta SPvP Spellbreaker build aren't enough, I really don't know what to tell you.

SPvP might be enough but for WvW I don't think it is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Ive seen a warrior ever have problems with condi.

I mean... If you die faster than a thief, you're doing something wrong.

Well things change once you start moving away from Meta builds, Warrior has been locked into GS-X/SH and a handful of skills and traits for a very long time.

The bottom line is that we don’t have a lot of choice in what we can run and still be competitive with the higher performing specs.

So yeah, Shake it Off!, Balanced Stance, and Signet of Stamina have to be damm good, or it’s over for a highly telegraphed non-teleport/stealth class.

This is not a problem for just Warrior either, other classes are starting to feel the pinch as well.