Well Done With Scrapper Anet

K THEN.5162

Scrapper changes made scrapper into one of the most broken classes in the game. With one scrapper on the enemy team, condition builds are no longer viable. Get a scrapper and a firebrand on mid together? Good. Luck.

Guess I'm going to cheese the remainder of the season with Scrapper.

Every skill they have, the AOE is invisible. They just remove conditions from people around them, convert them to boons, and there is no spell effect to say this is happening. In addition, when they stealth, they may as well have logged out. They completely disappear. No aoe blanket, nothing. They are just gone.

LMAO

Agree with OP. Brought life to an old spec and I've even seen more tempests. Could certainly do with more touch ups to old classes.Imo new scrap isn't as strong as people seem to think. At least in my matches (P1) they're a good support and bunker but that's all. Don't expect them to one shot you. My only beef is the gyro+player res but that's been in the game for a long time now. ¯_(ツ)_/¯8/10 pls love PvP more

@"Tycura.1982" said:Agree with OP. Brought life to an old spec and I've even seen more tempests. Could certainly do with more touch ups to old classes.Imo new scrap isn't as strong as people seem to think. At least in my matches (P1) they're a good support and bunker but that's all. Don't expect them to one shot you. My only beef is the gyro+player res but that's been in the game for a long time now. ¯_(ツ)_/¯8/10 pls love PvP more

It deals next to no damage, but also converts conditions to boons on the entire group. healing gyro+ condi removal gyro = 9 conditions to boons every 20 seconds. That's on top of everything else.

The cooldowns are too short for a "moving well". Look at necromancer - Static well with 5 pulses of condition -> boon, and it has what? a 40-50 second cooldown?

Scrapper is bonkers now versus condition. I was running around healing everyone, rezzing from stealth almost instantaneously with the gyro, and I have on-demand instant stability with one of my toolkit skills, as well as a stun break + superspeed which heals me.

Shit is ridiculous.

New scrapper at first glance appears to heal/barrier, stealth, cc and cleanse enough to be functionally an automatic bunker with not insignificant damage.

The stealth gyro change is ridiculous in 1v1 for a profession with that much sustain. There is no counter play unless you have an AoE reveal skill. That gyros can grant super speed and have a long duration AoE stealth is overloaded for a 45 second cooldown.

The barrier from bulwark is on too low of a cooldown (25!?!) and should scale with the number of allies feeding the scrapper damage. As it is the numbers are too high and the scrapper now needs to heal much less despite still having plenty of tools to do so better than most.

Learn how to play the game. It doesn't matter how many cleanses the engi has if he's converting the condi to boons. If he's not converting them to boons, then he's gimping himself.

RUN A CORRUPTION NECRO

There is your answer to every version of engineer. Necromancer speced for corrupt has always been a bane for engineer. Core necro even more so. Another thing that is quite deadly to scrapper is warrior, or to be precise... MAGEBANE TETHER. Reaper is also quite deadly to a scrapper.

Now that I've given you the counters in plain sight, maybe go utilize them.

@Ruufio.1496 said:Learn how to play the game. It doesn't matter how many cleanses the engi has if he's converting the condi to boons. If he's not converting them to boons, then he's gimping himself.

RUN A CORRUPTION NECRO

There is your answer to every version of engineer. Necromancer speced for corrupt has always been a bane for engineer. Core necro even more so. Another thing that is quite deadly to scrapper is warrior, or to be precise... MAGEBANE TETHER. Reaper is also quite deadly to a scrapper.

Doesn't work. Scrapper can survive through it, or just escape. Or he can just not run the trait that converts conditions to boons - keeps the cleanse, just loses the boons, and necro can't do shit about it. GG

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Caine.8204 said:Scrapper changes made scrapper into one of the most broken classes in the game. With one scrapper on the enemy team, condition builds are no longer viable. Get a scrapper and a firebrand on mid together? Good. Luck.

Uhh...

Protection holo could do this already. :innocent:

But without the team support. Scrapper blows Holo out of the water when it comes to pure support.

scrapper has been a good bunker support for a long time and wasnt far behind firebrand for support spots in wvw since it hardcountered enemy scourges condition spam.

they now made gyros less clunky and it now is viable for pvp also.. so dont pretend it hadnt been good before.

and btw its a bunker, hard to take down but with almost zero on point pressure its not like its the new 1v1 king as ppl say..

@"Caine.8204" said:Scrapper changes made scrapper into one of the most broken classes in the game. With one scrapper on the enemy team, condition builds are no longer viable. Get a scrapper and a firebrand on mid together? Good. Luck.

Guess I'm going to cheese the remainder of the season with Scrapper.

Every skill they have, the AOE is invisible. They just remove conditions from people around them, convert them to boons, and there is no spell effect to say this is happening. In addition, when they stealth, they may as well have logged out. They completely disappear. No aoe blanket, nothing. They are just gone.

LMAOConfirm!

I can't say whether it's broken since I won most of the encounters (NCSY! + full glass burst reaper) but I had a few weird moments recently in fights against scrappers. I was like "wtf just happened?" for a few times.

There is no telling at all. Esp. against two scrappers supporting each other with stealth, rez and stuff you have no clue what's going on.

@Caine.8204 said:

@Caine.8204 said:Scrapper changes made scrapper into one of the most broken classes in the game. With one scrapper on the enemy team, condition builds are no longer viable. Get a scrapper and a firebrand on mid together? Good. Luck.

Uhh...

But without the team support. Scrapper blows Holo out of the water when it comes to pure support.

Prot holo also provides team support, in the form of massive amounts of protection and condi conversion.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Uhh...

Prot holo also provides team support, in the form of massive amounts of protection and condi conversion.

so does Tempest but I think ol mate is getting at the purge gyro combined with the heal gyro...Heal gyro pulses protection on the tool kit and the purge gyro also adds to it ontop of what holo can do already.

By the time you use those skills theres also the elixir gun which will cleanse even more conditions

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Learn how to play the game. It doesn't matter how many cleanses the engi has if he's converting the condi to boons. If he's not converting them to boons, then he's gimping himself.

RUN A CORRUPTION NECRO

This is wrong. I already did some matchups today with Aristo Reaper. (which has more boon corruption than any other build in the entire game) You can't kill scrapper with corrupts. It has too much boon coverage to be able to hit their stability or protection with any degree of reliability and they replace the corrupted boons instantly most of the time.

You are better off just going full damage and trying to DPS through their boons than trying any fancy boon corruption tricks.

Archived