Caffeinated Skritt Burglar

Hi guys!

I just wanted to sayWhoever had the idea to put this Event into the Specialization Collections is pure twisted evil.

"Ok here is a checklist""You have todo this stuff 9 times""Oh also you have kill this Skirtt that spawned randomly on a map , which can be spawned be anyone"

GOOD LUCK FINDING IT 9 TIMES!

Maybe I'm unlucky, but I'm map complete on two chars and spent a lot of time on top doing events and I have never seen one of these guys!

I used to bump into Treasure Mushrooms all the time and, if you didn't bump into one, there would be frequent call outs in map chat. Never seen a call out for the skirt either.

Seems like some adjustment is needed!

@kamykaze.5904 said:I don't like it either and would rather like to see it drop from the Choya Pinata at the end of the Blitz event, but meh.No thanks. I've never seen anyone kill the pinata, never even seen it taken under 70% before it despawns.. whereas the skritt at least seems killable. ...I've ran into it a few times, but failed because of the vast number of aggros along the route (and once because the alt I was playing couldn't muster enough dps to kill it in time).

@rapthorne.7345 said:People seem to forget that a great many achievements are supposed to be a medium to long term set of goals, not something supposed to be achieved the day the content releases

But 13/14 can be done very easy. Why should 1/14 take more time then the rest combined?

So, when it's a mushroom that spawns in fixed locations that you have to kill 9 times (once on each class) it's fine. But when it's a skritt burglar that spawns in fixed locations that you have to kill 9 times (once on each class) it's not fine? Skritt burglar chests always spawn in fixed places. Find out which places, visit them with your characters and you'll find it in one of them, guaranteed. I've come across several spawn points on several maps, and that just by exploring instead of actively looking for it. There's one in the Teratohedron in Crystal Oasis, and also one a little east of the quicksand pool with the mastery point, hugged against a cliff. There's one north of the Garden of Seborhin in the Domain of Vabbi (easy to run to if your guild has the Windswept Haven guild hall). Try those spots.

• There are a limited number of potential spawn locations. If it works like every previous map in the game, it's probably 5 per map.
  • After being killed, the next chest appears after a short cool down, so it can spawn relatively often.
  • The C-Skritt can't be killed instantly; there's often just enough time to WP and mount-run over if people call it out in /map before spawning it.

Consequently, it's not that difficult. The most efficient way to get your nine prof-specific kills is (probably) to park one character at a time near a known-good spawn location and just periodically pop up the toon to see if C-Skritt is nearby. It won't guarantee the "when", but it will ensure you get it eventually.

List of Potential Spawn Locations

If you know of another, visit the page above, click on the tab marked "leave article feedback" and describe as best you can the location. Ideally, include a screenshot.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:It'd be fine if they at least made it so that you can get items while playing any character instead of looking for it on each character.

That still leaves the question: why was it fine with the treasure mushroom, but not with the caffeinated skritt burglar? The same system applies for both: kill it with each class to get your collection trophy for that specific class' elite specilization weapon. Especially with the link Illconceived posted, there really shouldn't be any issues anymore.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:It'd be fine if they at least made it so that you can get items while playing any character instead of looking for it on each character.

That still leaves the question: why was it fine with the treasure mushroom, but not with the caffeinated skritt burglar? The same system applies for both: kill it with each class to get your collection trophy for that specific class' elite specilization weapon. Especially with the link Illconceived posted, there really shouldn't be any issues anymore.

For the T-shrooms, you did not have to kill it on the class that needed the item. Sure you only got 1 item each time, but it was not wasted if you were on the wrong character unlike the skritt. One saving grace though is you just have to loot the drop off the ground so you can rotate multiple characters through the same killed skritt.

If they made it have like a 50% chance to spawn out of any chest/container, not just ones labeled 'chest', it would be easier. I scoured a few maps with my friend for a while before finally finding one, and I was just lucky enough to get the item that time after being only the second attempt.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Healix.5819 said:If you do map completion on your alts, chances are you'll always find at least one on your way to the end.

Yes, but catching it on your own is almost always impossible.

I can't agree. I've never had trouble chasing them down. In any case, since we all (in this thread) know that the C-Skritt is the enemy of so many people right now, why would you even try to catch up on your own? Pop a mentor tag and call it out, with a specific time (e.g. at :12 after the hour). Remind everyone to get into a mount and pop the chest at the designed time.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

It is not the same system at all. Treasure Mushrooms always spawn in the same area and you can kill it with any class. It just prioritize the current character's class for the drop(originally it was alphabetical order).

The Caffeinated skritts can be quite hard to stop if you're not prepared for it. You need a fair bit of CC and/or ranged attacks and movement abilities. If you go in with melee and no movement skills, there's a good chance you'll get stuck in combat and then never catch up again, especially if there's other mobs nearby. Of course afterward you'll be better prepared for future attempts so it's not all bad!

Like was said above, wait for others and open it together when all are prepared. It's worth noting that you can still get the collection items from the loot chest, even if it dies before you get there but the chest will disappear after a short while. I'm not precisely certain how long, I'd guesstimate 2 or 3 minutes. I've also been told the mini loot bags that drop can have the collection items but have not personally witnessed it myself.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Hi guys!

I just wanted to sayWhoever had the idea to put this Event into the Specialization Collections is pure twisted evil.

"Ok here is a checklist""You have todo this stuff 9 times""Oh also you have kill this Skirtt that spawned randomly on a map , which can be spawned be anyone"

GOOD LUCK FINDING IT 9 TIMES!

It is not spawned randomly. They spawn in fixed locations and it is cycles between those locations. All you need do is circle around the known locations and you will find one. OR get into a LFG for it.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Yes, but catching it on your own is almost always impossible.

Personally, I've done about 12 of them solo on my first play through. Their break bar is rather small, considering I usually have a hard time solo breaking most enemies, but this one took a ~2s stun and a cripple to do. You simply need to be prepared to catch it immediately, and if you fail, don't chase it, run away and mount up. I can usually kill them with 1 break, or maybe 30 seconds total. Be careful of narrow passages, the first one I ever encountered ran down stairs and all of its AoEs hit the same location due to the lack of space, which immediately downed me. If you fail to catch it, you have about 5 seconds at the end of its path where it stops moving, at which point you can try again.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:So, when it's a mushroom that spawns in fixed locations that you have to kill 9 times (once on each class) it's fine. But when it's a skritt burglar that spawns in fixed locations that you have to kill 9 times (once on each class) it's not fine? Skritt burglar chests always spawn in fixed places. Find out which places, visit them with your characters and you'll find it in one of them, guaranteed. I've come across several spawn points on several maps, and that just by exploring instead of actively looking for it. There's one in the Teratohedron in Crystal Oasis, and also one a little east of the quicksand pool with the mastery point, hugged against a cliff. There's one north of the Garden of Seborhin in the Domain of Vabbi (easy to run to if your guild has the Windswept Haven guild hall). Try those spots.

I would argue that the mushroom was better because it didn't despawn after a few minutes and was a massive HP sponge, so soloing it would take tens of minutes, giving people plenty of time to rally up and join in, whereas the Skritt is either dead or escaped within about a minute of being activated, giving people NO time to get there unless the person who found it (and everyone who shows up after) are patient about opening it.

Archived