Power WvW scrapper?

Dediggefedde.4961

With the gyro changes, I saw a possibility for a tanky power-based build.Shredder-gyro has does 900 dmg, but scales 340% with power, so with 2600 power you'd get something like 9700 base AoE-damage at a 360 radius (shocking speed) on a 20s CD.Blast gyro scales with 2.0, so it would be 5700 explosion and could trigger applied force with 11 stacks of Might.Probably mass momentum would be nice, so you'd need a source of stability. maybe Elixir-U. Or you take hammer+kinetic stabilizer for less quickness and more might via mass momentum. Bulwark-gyro might be ok, but without healing power and vitality the mechanic will likely kill you.I like the sneak-gyro as an elite. X would probably be more of a power option, while mortar is pretty tactical.Something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQFASnUUBtoitpCmXBEqilBji+xz8Q/LAWv3T8dKhEE-j1BEQBtRHQ2eAAA4CAsRlgJS9ncs/gDV+RKgiUGB-w

I think this might be comparable to other power classes in zerg and smallscale (during meelee), while giving a lot of CC, Superspeed, stealth and being comparable tanky.

What is your opinion regarding shredder/blast gyro, or this build?Do you have a better dmg oriented Build in mind?

(PS: healscrapper is even more awsome now than before. ^^)

@"Dawdler.8521"Sorry that I offended you.

The "tankyness" is provided by long, on-demand, not-attacking stealth, hammer's evade/block, superspeed mobility, two stun breakers, and the three alchemy traits for dmg-reductionYou could, of course, take soldier-parts, trait adaptive armor, use elixir-s or take durability runes...

Though, out-tanking damage with defensive stats is not going to work in this game, so my intention was to take just as much defense options to survive in a zerg meelee-fight.

I tried yesterday to test some builds, but once I got through the que things were....chaotic at best. The influx of players has changed dynamics at least temporarily and mounts have changed things permanently. I feel mounts are going to seriously change three specific aspects of builds, particularly at the solo/small scale roaming level: mobility (point-to-point and chasing), engage and disengage, and finishing. Things like 25% run speed, swiftness, function gyro, safe stomps, etc. all have to be reevaluated in builds. This probably isn't the place for an in depth discussion on those, but considering them is important in builds now.

What I wanted to do was try to closely replicate the conversion holo sw/sh build I've been running: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUB1IjVWBmIDcJjFDDT8c0f+P93weYQMMA8X6LA-jlhYABxq+TyKB5VZGAKN4UPAJ7PAA-w but with Fireworks Runes, not Traveler's.I've been running this in a 10-15 man high cc/damage flanking group or in solo roaming and it's been really good. In solo I'll usually swap the Wanderer's armor to Diviner's. It's pretty unbeatable unless you bring oppressive cc or oppressive condi application. One thing I think it does really well, strictly by virtue of Photon Forge is allow you to out tank damage with defensive stats and utilities and still deliver meaningful burst.

What I tried yesterday was somewhat the same gear stats with hammer, at least Med Gyro, Bulwark Gyro, Purge Gyro, and Sneak Gyro. Alchemy and Scrapper are obvious musts, but where I struggled was in finding a third trait line and a fourth utility. The options for trait lines being Explosives, Tools, Inventions, or Firearms. I feel like the base build is great on sustain and what it really needs is more damage, this takes Inventions off the list. Firearms brings extra damage, extra crit, and the chance to run Flamethrower with the perm stability and might generation. Tools I think doesn't offer much unless you're going to run Toolkit, but I feel like Toolkit is redundant with hammer except for the pull and it's not really a Static Discharge or Kinetic Battery type build. Explosives brings more damage and favors Bomb or Grenade Kit and even versatility between the two kits situationally, but I haven't played a lot with either of these.

What I found yesterday is that what I really like in that 4th utility slot is Shredder Gyro though. It's great damage and a whirl finisher you can manage across a bunch of different fields and even more superspeed. The problem is that it leaves no weapon swap (kit) and you only have it's burst/utility every 20s, making game play slow and effectively without more burst or defense to fill in the interim. One gyro has to go in favor of a kit, I just can't decide which one and which kit and thus which trait line. :anguished:

I really think things like 25% movement and swiftness are things of the past with mounts. You no longer need a trait, rune, or specific rotation to maintain your movement speed from point to point. Though I really like them, I need to replace the Fireworks Runes, probably with Durability Runes freeing me up from the toughness trinkets.

tl;dr - mounts and gyro rework have opened up a lot more build possibilities for us. Standard issue Alchemy, Inventions, Scrapper is probably a thing of the past. Alchemy and Scrapper are probably still base line, but determining that third trait line and what utility to pair with it is where we can theory craft.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnUUBlchdpCubBEqilKja88ig2jevr78WMZCgwD-j1CIQB5RlmFqEEc7PAgHAg30BksLAwhUTgHKd8nyggoEaQqCsZYA4MAw7u7OdXcXk5MSBs6yI-w

Enjoy

With the patch you can finally drop inventions to not be reliant on protection for condition clear. Not that that' a bad thing... since inventions is good. But at least now we can make quality builds without inventions (because of purge gyro)

Archived