Isn't it funny....

Duckota.4769

To watch a bunch of zerglings who use hammers that hit for 14k+ talk about how all roamers played cheesy 1 shot builds and the Warclaw is a blessing to the game. How they cant be ganked anymore when most of us roamed on melee specs and outplayed them for the past few years but now they think they're in a position to talk about combat balance. What really is happening is that anytime you die to even a single player who is better than you... you cry about being ganked. You run from any fight you don't tremendously outnumber, and then look for any reason to blame on your loss except for your own player skill. Then wonder why you never get better and it keeps happening to you. I've been told that multiple times now I just don't like the mount because I play cheesy gank builds and the truth is I play warrior or even tempest. Just remember that your way to play the game mode isn't the only way. No matter how you play it. This mount effectively giving massive advantages to the side that already had massive advantages while making the other nearly impossible depending on professions and is not healthy for the game mode.

@Duckota.4769 said:To watch a bunch of zerglings who use hammers that hit for 14k+ talk about how all roamers played cheesy 1 shot builds and the Warclaw is a blessing to the game. How they cant be ganked anymore when most of us roamed on melee specs and outplayed them for the past few years but now they think they're in a position to talk about combat balance. What really is happening is that anytime you die to even a single player who is better than you... you cry about being ganked. You run from any fight you don't tremendously outnumber, and then look for any reason to blame on your loss except for your own player skill. Then wonder why you never get better and it keeps happening to you. I've been told that multiple times now I just don't like the mount because I play cheesy gank builds and the truth is I play warrior or even tempest. Just remember that your way to play the game mode isn't the only way. No matter how you play it. This mount effectively giving massive advantages to the side that already had massive advantages while making the other nearly impossible depending on professions and is not healthy for the game mode.

General most static problem in wvw: population imbalanceMost 'adds' and 'balance patchez': in favor of numbers

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Duckota.4769 said:To watch a bunch of zerglings who use hammers that hit for 14k+ talk about how all roamers played cheesy 1 shot builds and the Warclaw is a blessing to the game. How they cant be ganked anymore when most of us roamed on melee specs and outplayed them for the past few years but now they think they're in a position to talk about combat balance. What really is happening is that anytime you die to even a single player who is better than you... you cry about being ganked. You run from any fight you don't tremendously outnumber, and then look for any reason to blame on your loss except for your own player skill. Then wonder why you never get better and it keeps happening to you. I've been told that multiple times now I just don't like the mount because I play cheesy gank builds and the truth is I play warrior or even tempest. Just remember that your way to play the game mode isn't the only way. No matter how you play it. This mount effectively giving massive advantages to the side that already had massive advantages while making the other nearly impossible depending on professions and is not healthy for the game mode.

General most static problem in wvw: population imbalanceMost 'adds' and 'balance patchez': in favor of numbers

I think I understand what you're saying and I do want to say I'm not totally against the mount as I realize it will never be removed completely. I should have said that in my opening post and been more constructive with it. However I will take the chance to do so here. The mount either needs less health or needs to be ccable and its dodge should either have a cooldown or reduced charges. You should not be able to leap 2700 range instantly while evading the whole time. I would also be for a reduced running speed, but an equal running speed in all territories. If it is going to keep its current leap ability it should be slower than it is baseline now. I think the 1 ability on it may need some tweaking over time to reduce the number of targets it hits, but we will see how that plays out.

The funny thing is that people who are built for 1v1 or small scale fights pride themselves on killing people who are built for large fights.... and now complain that they cannot do that anymore. Has it ever occurred to you that the outcome of those fights is mostly linked to builds and not to the individual players? There is a reason why the majority of Zerg/blob builds doesn’t see any pvp play whereas roaming builds are often fairly close to their pvp counterparts. Sometimes it’s due to different version of skills or available stat combinations but most of the time it is because the build was made for a specific purpose (fights that are substantially bigger than 1v1 or 5v5) and it doesn’t function outside of it regardless of how well the player plays it.

@"Erzian.5218" said:The funny thing is that people who are built for 1v1 or small scale fights pride themselves on killing people who are built for large fights.... and now complain that they cannot do that anymore. Has it ever occurred to you that the outcome of those fights is mostly linked to builds and not to the individual players?

Shhhh...don't ruin the OPs fun, he thinks insulting other players by using the word "zerglings" makes him sound important.

@Sylosi.6503 said:For someone who plays Tempest or Warrior you sure have a lot of posts about thief. ;)

I mained core thief. Which is terrible at 1v1 for a long time. Until it got gutted to the point of not being playable imo. You spend more time resetting than actually fight because people cry about thief instead of getting good. Truth is on core thief you have to tremendously outplay someone to win a 1v1. Thats the case on most thief builds with the exception being deadeye. Which I do not play.

Archived