New PvP amulet wishlist

BikeIsGone.8675

Hello there,

Since we just got a bunch of new elite specs with PoF I was wondering if there are any plans for introducing new stat-combinations to PvP?There are some specs which - by design - feel like they have been created with the purpose of running hybrid stats. Soulbeast, Weaver, Holosmith and Renegade in particular strike me as those type of classes.

Now, the introduction of new stats is always tied to balance issues (like a combination of Toughness and Healing Power have a history of being too strong on certain classes), but Im merely interested to see what the rest of the community fells like is needed. Personally, for instance, I think that minor precision stat (560) for 4 stat-combinations should be far more spread. Scavanging and Wanderer are nice and all, but 1050 precision, especially with 0 power to back it up, is just overkill for merely getting trait procs, which mostly have an ICD anyway.I also wouldn't mind if Anet would experiment a little with more minor power-, healing power- and concentration distributions respectively.

My personal wishlist would look something like this:A: 1050 Power, 1050 Condition Dmg, 560 Vitality, 560 PrecisionB: 1050 Condition Dmg, 1050 Healing Power, 560 Vitality, 560 Concentration

Power Assassin Amulet1050 Power , 1050 Ferocity, 560 Precision, 560 Vitality

Power Bunker Amulet1050 Power, 1050 Toughness, 560 Precision, 560 Healing Power

Condition Assassin Amulet1050 Condition Damage, 1050 Expertise, 560 Precision, 560 Vitality

Condition Bunker Amulet1050 Condition Damage, 1050 Toughness, 560 Vitality , 560 Healing Power

Hybrid Assassin Amulet1050 Power, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Precision, 560 Ferocity

Hybrid Bunker Amulet1050 Power, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Toughness, 560 Healing Power

Cancer Amulet1050 Toughness 1050 Healing Power, 560 Vitality, 560 Concentration

OP, your A is good and something I'd really like to see. B would be broken as hell, though, that's 3 defensive stats on one amulet. Firebrands are hard enough to kill on sage's already.If we're being realistic: so far Anet has been pretty wary about adding concentration to pvp amulets, and the only ones that do have it are pure glass otherwise. I wouldn't mind a pure glass condi option, though. I think the reason one wasn't added originally was condi rev, but condi rev hasn't been the oppressive force it used to be for a long time.

A reasonable option might be:1050 Condi, 1050 Power, 560 Prec, 560 Concentration

Instead of your B, perhaps something like this for condi healers (might be too good on firebrand but it's worth a try):1050 Condi, 1050 Healing, 560 Prec, 560 Vit.

Personally I'd like a more offensive version of mender's amulet, for druids who want to do damage without making their celestial avatar completely useless:1050 Power, 1050 Prec, 560 Healing, 560 Vit.

Something like this might be fun for hybrid reapers:1050 Power, 1050 Condi, 560 Ferocity, 560 Vit

Lastly, I'd like a non-glass version of destroyer's amulet:1050 Power, 1050 Prec, 560 Condi, 560 Vit.

Main focused condi and healing should never be on the same amulet, especially if there's any vitality on it. Condi builds are ridiculously strong as it is and that would buff their sustain to high heaven. Unless you bring an absolutely massive unprecedented nerf to conditions (I.E. reverting them to pre free stack form) you cannot under any circumstance have that kind of an amulet exist without completely destroying the game.

@Ario.8964 said:Main focused condi and healing should never be on the same amulet, especially if there's any vitality on it. Condi builds are ridiculously strong as it is and that would buff their sustain to high heaven. Unless you bring an absolutely massive unprecedented nerf to conditions (I.E. reverting them to pre free stack form) you cannot under any circumstance have that kind of an amulet exist without completely destroying the game.

Necro doesn't get an absurd amount of benefit out of healing power but I could see it being broken on something like mesmer or guardian, that's true. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to viably run something like condi druid or support scourge.

Real issue here is that condi builds need to actually rely on more that one damage stat, such as precision, more than they do. Clearly the intent is there, given that Deadshot and Wanderer's exist. In practice, though, most classes' crit proc traits are in traitlines that they can't even run in PvP (e.g. Arms on warrior)--but that's a topic all its own, I suppose.

@frednought.1238 said:

@Ario.8964 said:Main focused condi and healing should never be on the same amulet, especially if there's any vitality on it. Condi builds are ridiculously strong as it is and that would buff their sustain to high heaven. Unless you bring an absolutely massive unprecedented nerf to conditions (I.E. reverting them to pre free stack form) you cannot under any circumstance have that kind of an amulet exist without completely destroying the game.

Necro doesn't get an absurd amount of benefit out of healing power but I could see it being broken on something like mesmer or guardian, that's true. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to viably run something like condi druid or support scourge.

Real issue here is that condi builds need to actually rely on more that one damage stat, such as precision, more than they do. Clearly the intent is there, given that Deadshot and Wanderer's exist. In practice, though, most classes' crit proc traits are in traitlines that they can't even run in PvP (e.g. Arms on warrior)--but that's a topic all its own, I suppose.

I agree it'd be great to see things like firebrand and scourge be able to hybridize those roles together or druid use conditions as a form of damage but atm they need to do massive changes before that's possible without making immortal builds that also kill other people.

I dont agree with this tbh. Healing Power + Toughness is the real evil....especially on classes that have lots of cleanses. "Effective HP Pool" is the keyword here. Take the old cleric tempest for instance: 12k HP (!) but simply unkillable because they can can regain 70-80% with a single healskill. Thanks to wooping 900 toughness they dont really care about power dmg and their anti-condi kit (diamond skin especially, even after continuous nerfs) made them able to 1v3 without breaking a sweat.

On the other hand you have Vit+Healing Power on stuff like Menders Engi/Ele/Druid. These classes are pretty good in 1v1 scenarios, but cant really handle getting outnumbered for too long, which is pretty fair imo. Sage Chrono with Inspiration is in a similar spot

A: 1050 Power, 1050 Condition Dmg, 560 Vitality, 560 PrecisionThis looks an interesting damage dealing amulet. A better version of sinister/viper.

B: 1050 Condition Dmg, 1050 Healing Power, 560 Vitality, 560 ConcentrationThis is probably OP. Can potentially let bunker spec do tons of condition damage as well. Condition damage + tons of other defensive stats is usually pretty bad for PvP.

Archived