Changes to Mussels and Jungle Plants nods.

phs.6089

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop rates are fine. They drop at the same rates as flax blossoms. It is market forces that have set the prices higher. Both pearls and lilies are easy to farm and result in competitive gold per hour if you do it right. Why do people on forums complain about garbage loot and then also want everything to drop in price?

@thehipone.6812 said:Drop rates are fine. They drop at the same rates as flax blossoms. It is market forces that have set the prices higher. Both pearls and lilies are easy to farm and result in competitive gold per hour if you do it right. Why do people on forums complain about garbage loot and then also want everything to drop in price?

Are they? really? 2 weeks of run vb, ab, bsf, sandswept on 2 characters 2 pearls?Don't care of flax bossom, no one does, who on earth need Vigilant starts I dunno

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:When? When we will see proper drops of pearls and lilies?

They've said they are happy with the drop rates of pearls & lilies.

They have said there won't be any skill to dis-mouth mid-air and Arah armor would be available from Arah only etc

There are reasons why they set up the drop rates a certain way and those reasons haven't changed. In contrast, the reasons for making Arah armor exclusive were superseded by the need to offer reward tracks, but you'll notice that there aren't reward tracks to unlock Fractal or Raid skins. And they didn't offer a simple dismount in air, they created a new skill with mechanics that prevent swapping back & forth easily.

They aren't just going to arbitrarily change the drop rates of pearls and lilies because someone said they should do it. At least, take the time to formulate some sort of argument as to why it's worth their time.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@phs.6089 said:

They have said there won't be any skill to dis-mouth mid-air and Arah armor would be available from Arah only etc

There are reasons why they set up the drop rates a certain way and those reasons haven't changed. In contrast, the reasons for making Arah armor exclusive were superseded by the need to offer reward tracks, but you'll notice that there aren't reward tracks to unlock Fractal or Raid skins. And they didn't offer a simple dismount in air, they created a new skill with mechanics that prevent swapping back & forth easily.

They aren't just going to arbitrarily change the drop rates of pearls and lilies because someone said they should do it. At least, take the time to formulate some sort of argument as to why it's worth their time.

It simple, drop rates are not sufficient or pearls won't be 5 gold each. There isn't any other crafting material that can be farmed hitting this rarity.They increased the drop rate of rubies, that were from first map on LW3, designed as whole HoT to be grindy.Why keep those low rate drops for pearls and lilies?In case of rubies one can get a node or from wvw/pvp track, there is no other way to get pearls. There isn't even formula for MF to upgrade mother-pearls. Why keep it that way?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

It simple, drop rates are not sufficient or pearls won't be 5 gold each.

It's simple: that is not a game problem. That's your personal preference.

There isn't any other crafting material that can be farmed hitting this rarity.Actually, quite a few are like that. Giant's Eyes and Lodestones have tiny drop rates (they also have other sources.)

They increased the drop rate of rubies, that were from first map on LW3, designed as whole HoT to be grindy.They increased the rate to be more consistent with the other LS3 maps.

Why keep those low rate drops for pearls and lilies?Because it's good for the game to have some items that have high value. People like getting rare drops. If all such drops are removed, people lose interest.

People used to head into Southsun cove to farm passion flowers (and passion fruit). But then they added other sources, the prices dropped, and well, it's not worth people's time any longer.

Why keep it that way?The question is: why should ANet spend the time|people to analyze, evaluate, decide, and implement a change.

Essentially, your argument remains: because you don't like it. What ANet evaluates would be: does it benefit the game and the game's community enough to make it worth the cost to make the change?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Actually, quite a few are like that. Giant's Eyes and Lodestones have tiny drop rates (they also have other sources.)Giant Eye's were close to 10gold a piece in late 2015, they are now about 38silverCharged Lodestones were over 3gold each a few years back, and they now sit at around 80silver.

Both have "other sources", primarily map rewards (and charged lodestones also have necro-farms).

Sure, the drop rate doesn't need to be changed on the pearls, but they should be included as map progression rewards instead, or meta reward options.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

What is this suppose to mean? I prefer pearls to be obtainable from low rate RNG only?I really don't, hence the topic.

Giant Eyes are from Map reward, Lodestone has formula to be made in MF.What is your point?

Game has enough rare drops, to make people happy if it ever drops. I'm talking of basic crafting mat, not a rarity item

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

What is this suppose to mean? I prefer pearls to be obtainable from low rate RNG only?I really don't, hence the topic.

Giant Eyes are from Map reward, Lodestone has formula to be made in MF.What is your point?

Game has enough rare drops, to make people happy if it ever drops. I'm talking of basic crafting mat, not a rarity item

I used to farm about 20-30 pearls per day when they were 7.5-9g each. 8 chars every hour in VB, multiple maps sometimes. Get that 33% chance of extra gathering buff (either via a glyph or item booster). You will have enough in no time.And i agree with Illconceived. Droprates are fine. Some stat combos (minstrel, in this case) should be more expensive.

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Actually, quite a few are like that. Giant's Eyes and Lodestones have tiny drop rates (they also have other sources.)Giant Eye's were close to 10gold a piece in late 2015, they are now about 38silverCharged Lodestones were over 3gold each a few years back, and they now sit at around 80silver.

Both have "other sources", primarily map rewards (and charged lodestones also have necro-farms).

Sure, the drop rate doesn't need to be changed on the pearls, but they should be included as map progression rewards instead, or meta reward options.

Giant Eyes were actually in the opposite situation as the lilies and pearls. For the data that we have the eye's primary source had a lower drop rate than precursors. Based on drop rate they should have been in the hundreds of gold each so the 10g was quite the bargain thanks to the low demand. On the other hand pearls and lilies have similiar drop rates as other things but higher demand. Lilies have lost around 75% of their values and pearls have lost around 50%. In the case of Flax Blossoms there is the fact that there are plenty of people with multiple characters parked at a flax farm. Unfortunately even if they add a similar farm for mussels it won't help much since mussels aren't worth much.

Biggest change to Charged Lodestone is the fact that they are no longer used for Superior Rune of the Scholar. As for drop rate, it was around 1 per hour from the sparks south of Dwayna's temple near the statue.

The most glaring difference between the HoT crafting materials is actually the map specific containers(airship cargo, exalted chest, crystallized cache, noxious pod). For some reason Black Diamonds drop from all while Freshwater Pearls and Maguuma Lilies drop from none. It would have made more sense for airship cargos to drop freshwater pearls, exalted chests to drop black diamonds, crystallized caches to drop maguuma lilies, noxious pods to drop the vigilant/commander/wanderer items depending on the lane.

@Drecien.4508 said:There is a jp with several chests at the end which I open every day and usually get 5 pearls a week plus the various other stuff.

You're thinking of Orrian Pearls for LWS3 backpacks. He is referring to Freshwater Pearls for crafting (mostly) Minstrel's gear.

As to the OP, I've gotten 9 in a day easily from stacking MF food and buffs. You can do it too!

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:There is a jp with several chests at the end which I open every day and usually get 5 pearls a week plus the various other stuff.

You're thinking of Orrian Pearls for LWS3 backpacks. He is referring to Freshwater Pearls for crafting (mostly) Minstrel's gear.

As to the OP, I've gotten 9 in a day easily from stacking MF food and buffs. You can do it too!

Wrong. Fresh water pearls. At least 4 most I got was 6 one week.

Like several before my post, I find the drop rate OK. It is normal to have all sort of drop rates, from "a lot" to "extremely rare". That's part of the game and it contributes to the materials market on TP.As a side note: I farm pearls on a daily basis and I get an average of one every 2 days. So the drop rate is not that bad I would say, but it needs some work yes. Since they are needed for superior equipment, I find that rather logic. Personal opinion of course. :)

I would not be against putting in "rich" nodes that drop guaranteed Pearls or Lilies, similar to the Blooming Passiflora nodes on Southsun, but these nodes should be rare, with only 1-3 spawning per map, in random locations so that people can't just park characters there to farm it.

Alternatively, you could always just change the VB and TD meta completions to offer a choice of a Freshwater Pearl and Maguuma Lily respectively, similar to how you can pick a Black Diamond from the AB meta. (Frankly, I was always puzzled as to why those two maps didn't offer a gemstone that corresponded to its map's equipment stat.)

@thehipone.6812 said:Drop rates are fine. They drop at the same rates as flax blossoms. It is market forces that have set the prices higher. Both pearls and lilies are easy to farm and result in competitive gold per hour if you do it right. Why do people on forums complain about garbage loot and then also want everything to drop in price?

Lol they absolutely do not... and never had... at least try to be serious

Archived